• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Illianasconsinigan members! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flip v. Bluegill is a hot topic for debate. I haven't played Bluegill yet, but I've heard about it from a lot of people who have.

Flip just has...an aura about it, for lack of a better word. Truly the "field of dreams" of disc golf. Just no comparison. I've played BETTER, HARDER courses than Flip, but never anything so damn FUN.

I've heard the aura thing about flip......which I want to play, but I don't want to be dissappointed by how "easy" I'm told it is........I love courses that make me feel like I was at war while I played, I love the challenge. I went to play the Majestic this year and was really amped to play BRP, (which I do enjoy) but I thought it was going to be more challenging. I guess its all personal preference.......what do you guys think about Luddington?.......I've heard good things about that one too.

I've heard the aura thing about flip......which I want to play, but I don't want to be dissappointed by how "easy" I'm told it is........I love courses that make me feel like I was at war while I played, I love the challenge. I went to play the Majestic this year and was really amped to play BRP, (which I do enjoy) but I thought it was going to be more challenging. I guess its all personal preference.......what do you guys think about Luddington?.......I've heard good things about that one too.

Which Ludington course? The truly genius thing about Flip is you can camp (with Bill's permission, of course) and use it as a base of operations for an extended weekend. Go to Leviathan (one of my all-time favorites, and a true BEATDOWN) as well as the Mason Co. courses (Beauty, Beast, Goliath). Just a super duper solid weekend line up right there.

I guess the thing with Flip is: if you're a heartless bastard that hates disc golf except for the competition aspect, then you'll probably hate Flip. If you "get" what dg is all about, and know how to have fun, then you'll LOVE Flip.

There's simply NOTHING better than an altered glow round at Flip. ;)

I hopeing to get a solid day of DG in this sunday. I'm thinking silver lake, marringo, or rockford. Any one going to be at any of them Sunday?

I guess the thing with Flip is: if you're a heartless bastard that hates disc golf except for the competition aspect, then you'll probably hate Flip. If you "get" what dg is all about, and know how to have fun, then you'll LOVE Flip.

There's simply NOTHING better than an altered glow round at Flip. ;)

I have to agree with Juke on this one, and I'm really into the competitive side of disc golf. But that glow round from the meetup, where I was very "altered" ;) throwing just Noill's backup glow buzzz for everything was definitely the most fun I've ever had playing disc golf.

I see and/or in that list of qualifications, I can laminate us some bag tags and we certainly have an established website... :D

I emailed to see what it would take to get a new club into the challenge, short answer - not going to happen. But if you really want to play you can join a club in the morning before the Challenge starts. I would've considered showing up and joining a club, except they didn't bother to invite any Wisconsin clubs.

I emailed to see what it would take to get a new club into the challenge, short answer - not going to happen. But if you really want to play you can join a club in the morning before the Challenge starts. I would've considered showing up and joining a club, except they didn't bother to invite any Wisconsin clubs.

join Fox Valley Metro =DDDDDDDD

Flip is nice, no matter what universe youre in. ive played it in a few different mindsets.

Ive been playing clark park for the convenience, but tonight got to throw leagues at trinity links. Shot -2 with my partner eric(who chained out once), and even lost a buzzz in the pond.

Im having a good time in illinois!

Flip is nice, no matter what universe youre in. ive played it in a few different mindsets.

Ive been playing clark park for the convenience, but tonight got to throw leagues at trinity links. Shot -2 with my partner eric(who chained out once), and even lost a buzzz in the pond.

Im having a good time in illinois!

That isn't a pond it is a abyss of sorrow.......

?. It was tight maybe right before the basket on the mound?

Basket on the mound (with water behind) is 17, so sounds like your partner chained out on 16. That's a tricky little fairway but if you hit it just right, you're going at the basket. It's a fun shot.

If you have your name/number on the your disc there is a good chance you'll get a call about it. The locals there go in the pond a lot to fish the discs out and if the disc has a number they call it. I'm actually going back there sometime soon to pick up 3 of my discs :doh: :D

They all know its there. I had to leave with having to drive an hour, then drink a bunch before I went to bed.
Played with a few guys from this thread tonight at lombard commons and madison meadows.
To whom it may concern: if you fished my "blo buzzz, hehe" out of the abyss at trinity you can have it. Picked up a new one tonight from a hippy store in Lombard.

Im leaving for the weekend, but will be back next mon-thurs to play more. Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to show me around the ill courses. Hope to play with ya'll again, and meet more people and play more courses in the next two weeks!
I have serious drinking to do know, good night. :)

Good playing with you tonight, hopefully I can get out to meet you next week.

ace pot is over $210 at eagle saturday!! Hopefully ill see you guys there?!?!

oh and for anyone that played the oswego open, didnt you guys have to become members in order to play in it? So that means you guys can play in our club for the club challenge!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts