• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Illianasconsinigan members! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I. Suck. At. Discgolf. D= horrible round today for me =/ after sippi i went to joshaua park and i aced hole 5 ( anny hole that is about 175ishh ) with my Magic and since the sign said it was a par 5 i went 4 down... :|

It's a beautiful morning in the northwoods, Tailings and Sandy Point among others yesterday, and a few new courses today finishing off with Standing Rocks.

Played the new Streator course today, what an amazing course. Holes 15, 17 and 18 are absolutely epic shots. Beautiful tall trees with every kind of shot you can imagine. Can't wait to go back and play once the concrete is poured. This could easily be a top 10 course in Illinois.

Hi! I'm in Streator and pretty new to disc golf.
Being a newbie and a local, I suppose I am partial, but Marilla Park is a beautiful course.
I've played the front 9 a couple of times and walked the back 9.
Back 9 is awesome with all the skinnier tighter packed trees up top on 11-14, the absolute BEAST that 15 appears to be, nice break on 16, then 2 more monsters in 17 and 18 to finish it off.
I really like a lot of the basket placements like 9, 10, and 12. (and 17, grrr!!!!)
Great variety and really good mix of uphill and downhill after the flat first 5.
I love how 17 and 18 are almost like mirror images of each other.

I will post when I see tee signs up. (if Dana or someone else doesn't first)

Oh, and I've heard that 15 and 17 are already eating discs, damn raspberries on 17's steep narrow hill!

Glad you guys are enjoying Marilla. I'm going to try and make it that way sometime this week to check out the (half) finished product!

Itchin to go play it Dana, but i think I'm gonna wait till it is done.......I've also driven like 75hours the last two weeks so I'm gonna give it a bit.

Grand opening tourney for the new layout at O'Hauser park in Menasha, WI this coming Satruday and Sunday. Saturday, 6-30 singles and sunday is bring your own partner dubs. I know this is a bit out of the way; but this new design is a 4 rated layout, IMHO.

2013 pro worlds back in crown point........wow.......thats pretty cool. I guess that means that new course will be done by then. Aug 3 thru the 10th? Anybody have any insight as to how Indiana got pro worlds again over all the other areas that bid?

I think it was said they were the only bid? Chuck is a big fan, as is the PDGA in general, of the way it was run last time....I believe (unless Chuck is just doing good PR). One site, for the whole tourney: (though, they will be adding Vlaparasio into the mix this time...woot!) is a big plus!

*droolz*

Oh man.

*droolz*

-------------------a formal line of demarcation-----------------------------

^^^OHauser opening is not something to miss, if you can make it! :thmbup:

2013 pro worlds back in crown point........wow.......thats pretty cool. I guess that means that new course will be done by then. Aug 3 thru the 10th? Anybody have any insight as to how Indiana got pro worlds again over all the other areas that bid?

Sounds like no one (else) wanted to run it. My understanding is that Valpo will be included and that we will most likely play a hybrid layout of Red/Blue, which is fine by me. I wonder what the new course will be like? If Valpo is used, I'd guess that MPO wouldn't even play the new course?
Itchin to go play it Dana, but i think I'm gonna wait till it is done.......I've also driven like 75hours the last two weeks so I'm gonna give it a bit.
It was nice seeing ya in OR, hope you guys enjoyed your trip. I'd wait on Streator to be finished up before coming down to check it out. No use wandering around, although its not all that difficult to navigate. The back 9 is worth the drive :)

^The new course (or what little I saw of it) looked pretty sweet at lemon. I was told (and don't quote me because I am not sure) that the brush hog went a little crazy and too many trees got cleared on some fairways, but the land it was on looked pretty nice. It looked like it would be pretty heavily wooded.

I thought there was talk of another shorter course as well???

Got some pics from a little northern wisco trip Mashnut (Matt & Ash), Illy Geoff, and myself...
photo-36.jpg

photo-43.jpg

photo-39.jpg

I'll be with Brian looking over plans and courses this Wed and Thursday. Probably visit Valpo Wed afternoon and Hidden Lake league that evening then to Lemon on Thursday. Using Valpo isn't a done deal but is in the discussions at least. I think it may be more of an alternative depending on how satisified everyone is with the fifth course so it's too early to tell. It also may depend if the registrations for Worlds keep increasing and the extra course capacity is needed.

I'll be with Brian looking over plans and courses this Wed and Thursday. Probably visit Valpo Wed afternoon and Hidden Lake league that evening then to Lemon on Thursday. Using Valpo isn't a done deal but is in the discussions at least. I think it may be more of an alternative depending on how satisified everyone is with the fifth course so it's too early to tell. It also may depend if the registrations for Worlds keep increasing and the extra course capacity is needed.
Thanks for the info, Chuck.
I haven't made it to Hidden Lake yet, but I hear its more of a rec/white type course. So maybe its a good option for some of the age protected divisions. I really like Valpo and I think that the LHBH/RHFH players will especially like it.

Sounds like you've been down around IL quite a bit lately. I'm excited to see your work in Fairfield, or whatever its called now (Squaw Gold?).

Brian indicated Hidden might be appropriate for the older divisions, not Open.

Squaw Creek Gold is the gold layout and Fairfield White will be the white layout. Each course will have 5 holes that are not part of the other course. We found out last week that the timing for opening the revised white layout will be next Spring at the earliest. They won't be able to do the next pass using heavy equipment for the remaining clearing in the woods until Fall.

It's a beautiful morning in the northwoods, Tailings and Sandy Point among others yesterday, and a few new courses today finishing off with Standing Rocks.

How did you like Tailings? I haven't been there yet this season but that grass looks pretty long. Let me know if I have to get on Bruce's case to maintain that grass. Did you guys hit up Black Bear too?

Status
Not open for further replies.