• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] "I'm not a Comet, not yet a Buzzz"

I'll toss in another vote for an Atlas in this spot. One of the star ones beat in a bit would be absolutely perfect.

Without a doubt, the Tangent is what you want.

FTFY. :D

Actually, the Alias is looking really tasty for that slot too. Although I'm not sure of how far you throw. If you have a decent arm, Alias is your answer.

Mako3. First time I threw it my exact thought was that it was a Buzzz comet hyrbid. The meteor will probably be a lot more likely to flip early in its flight. I have a z meteor and its way flippier than any Buzzz I've thrown, and while my comet will turn late in its flight, the meteor gets an early turn (which is nice too and why I have it bagged over the comet). The same goes for a Buzzz ss IME. great for h-flips early in the flight, not as good for a later turn. The mako3 starts out for me with a little for fade than a comet but less than a Buzzz and like to be thrown for its glide instead of speed the way the Buzzz likes it. But if I really crank on it I get a nice late turn to the right and it just glides out.

I will admit that I have not thrown the Ibex. But the Tangent would work very well for what he wants. Not as touchy as a Comet, but more of a finesse disc than a Buzzz.

The Tangent's slower than a Buzzz but develops a lot of turn fairly quickly. Sorry Sky, but that is not what is born when a Comet and Buzzz get together.

Lat64 Core is another option. Same speed as a buzz, more glide, and many agree it's more understable. There are some rare stable cores out there tho (imho the best ones).

Also i hear the new Legacy Guage is pretty close to what you're describing.

Moral of the story, there are many options.

I like the Millennium QMS for this slot. It starts out as one of the straightest mids on the market and beats into a turnover disc with magical glide.

The Tangent is nowhere near what he's describing.

The Tangent's slower than a Buzzz but develops a lot of turn fairly quickly. Sorry Sky, but that is not what is born when a Comet and Buzzz get together.

Personally, I disagree. When I wanted a neutral, shapeable mid that I could be more consistent with than the Comet, the Tangent was it. Still great glide, but not the gobs and gobs of it that had me over-shooting long approaches with a Comet. It has a lower profile than the Comet, and is very comfy in the hand. If anything, my Tangents haven't beaten in as fast as I'd like them to - my neutron has more turn than when I got it 7 months ago, but not by much, and it's taken a good bit of work. The slightly bit more HSS the Tangent has over the Comet makes a huge difference in tight spaces with little room for error. I love that disc, and it's what I replaced my Comet with.

I've seen a couple people say it already, Atlas.

Less fade than a Buzzz, straight like a Comet but easier to control, powers down well.

It doesn't quite have the float (and I mean float not glide, if you throw Comets you know what I mean) the Comet does or the wind throwability like a Buzzz will. Sounds like what you were looking for imo.

I have a early run proton tangent that can a still hold most any 'gentle' line. Gentle hyzer, gentle anhyzer, it's when I try to get more than 280-300' That it gets finicky. Atlas, tangent, m4. All tasty grips within your requirements, I just don't like the compass points on the atlas.

176+ Opto fuse. If you get to pick it out by hand get a more domey one which will be slightly more stable.

Opto fuse or M4.. can't go wrong with either - also check out a panther - would make a strong candidate for that slot as well

Without a doubt, the Ibex is what you want.
I concur 100%.
If a Buzzz and Comet had a kid, it'd be named Ibex. I used to have both an ESP Buzzz and an X-Comet in the bag. Now I bag an Ibex, and Buzzz & Comet are in a box.

It's moderately understable, very versatile and easy to throw straight (with less fade at the end than a Buzzz). Easier to turnover than a Buzzz, but not quite as easy to turn as a Comet (and much mor forgiving, resulting in more consistent results). Been throwing it since May with no noticeable change in stability.

One more difference is the amount of skip after initial contact. The Ibex doesn't skip much after initial contact with the ground - it hits and sits quite nicely. My Buzzzes would skip when thrown flat and fairly hard. Whether that's good or bad is up to you, I'm simply stating the fact. Not sure if it's the rubber, the mold, both... but they hug what they hit, and have less pronounced low speed fade for a pretty straight finish at end of flight as well.

Latest posts