• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova G Star?

2mxnyo6.jpg

The lighting makes that disc look nice and flat.

That looks abnormally flat for a Leo.

Do NOT just do a special run, give us some retail options dammit!!!

The plastic looks similar to the plastic used in the star foxbat that innova sent out for Christmas. The foxbat I got was definitely a new star blend. Wonder if this is replacing star plastic or going to be is own thing

Discraft invented the concept of premium plastic. It was someone else who invented the idea of charging a premium for it, but their idea came from TP Cyclone.

I certainly didn't mean to imply that Innova had come up with every significant advance in the history of Disc Golf, that's obviously not true.

But I think it'd be silly to claim that any single company has led the way more the Innova, on the whole.

Further, companies in the same industry work off of each other's successes, as is natural. What electronics company came up with the first touch-screen keyboard for a cell phone? Is ever other company copying that idea?

I got to say I like that Innova Factory Store logo much more, it's nice.

The old one sucked and was cheesy.

So when is the G Star Wraith going to be available? I prefer my leopards in champ, they stay in the sweet spot much longer.

Boy. These startups and foreign companies sure are hurting innovas business
I don't think that newer companies are greatly effecting Innovas sales, especially because they have a majority of the market when it comes to casual & new disc golfers. Innova is by far the biggest disc golf company. Innova controls a bigger market & is more prominent than it may seem on DGCR.
I love it when people claim Innova is trying to copy plastics/molds/etc of other companies, when every single disc company has been feeding off of Innova's ideas for years.
:thmbup::popcorn:

I certainly didn't mean to imply that Innova had come up with every significant advance in the history of Disc Golf, that's obviously not true.

But I think it'd be silly to claim that any single company has led the way more the Innova, on the whole.

Further, companies in the same industry work off of each other's successes, as is natural. What electronics company came up with the first touch-screen keyboard for a cell phone? Is ever other company copying that idea?
I agree. They've led the industry, but their innovation has been pushed by others. Speed 13+... humans in the modern age engineering discs for maximum distance... "whul okay guys if we HAVE to, even though we'd rather just ban 'em". Thank Frisbee God someone is making Innova play catch up with all the people who've bettered their ideas.

Maybe Innova was behind the $1200 750 m3? Reverse engineer the disc that reverse engineered CE?

But in all seriousness though, my shot in the dark guess would be a "better" gold line blend. Rim looks kinda swirly, like what the worlds terns and Christmas foxbats have had. I personally think gold line is incredibly slick when it gets wet or cold...great when the weather is nice though. So maybe made "better" because it does well in poor conditions.

I have a few GL discs that are new runs and while they start out a little slick they seriously take in a little dirt and oil and become awesome, much better than the newer star stuff.

Now, if this has a feel like the extra gummy without it being as floppy? Win win.

yup

I've been pretty happy with everything I have bought from the innova store this year. Some really nice products. Too bad the shipping sucks.

Ugh. I was planning on switching over to Icon Patriots (a little longer and flippier) once I use up my Star Leopard supply and then
tumblr_mbhkbxr0Zl1qdb4cxo1_r1_500.gif

Latest posts