• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Innova Katana

looks like there doing a 2nd run of katanas with a mix of the firm and gummy plastics.

2nd Run Katanas will be released from Hero Disc USA on 11/27/09 @ 12PM PDT.
Innova produced a second run of limited Champion Katana. This run was made with a mixture of the original (FIRMER) FIRST RUN CHAMPION KATANA PLASTIC and the TEST RUN (GUMMY) MATERIAL PLASTIC offered by Disc Golf Values. Innova is now experimenting with different grades of plastic. Sweet feel and enhanced grip were key results with this latest run.
Complete your Japan Open Champion Katana collection with " Lady Samurai". The discs are also marked with the Japanese Kanji "Katana". Strike with honor and feel the power of the Champion Katana.
Each person that supports the Japan Open by purchasing a Katana from Hero Disc USA earns a chance to win our grand prize, one round trip airline ticket to the 2010 JAPAN OPEN.
Sparkle Champion Release (19)
2nd Run Champion Release (627)

http://www.herodiscusa.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=katana

Hmm, $20 for the Champ. I think I've going to have to buy one as a wall-hanger/investment, that stamp is badass.

Jeronimo said:
booter said:
Jeronimo said:
dgdave said:
Cool, but not sure its $25 cool.

Sold out!

not quite. they will be released tomorrow @ 12pm PDT so the "sold out" is just til then.

also they have some blems for sale cheaper than the actual 1st runs $25 ones. the blems appear to be 17 or 18 bucks and the pro ones look to be around 15

Ok then, 30 seconds after they are for sale I'll be making my statement again.

Ouch! Twice in one thread.

its just so much easier to post here, cause comedy to ensue, then get corrected and be told the release date. much less work on my part :lol:

I had 5 sparkles in my cart and while I was entering in my credit card info I like process order and magically they were out of stock.

I couldn't type fast enough for the 19 sparkles that they made...kinda pissed about that!

Did get some of the rare colors in the Champ ones so that made up for it.

Still sucks that I couldn't get one.

I got two blems, I had some sparkles in the cart but no dice. Normal 2nd runs are still for sale. Blems and Sparkles are gone.

Dave Dunipace on the PDGA board:

davei said:
The Pro Worlds Star Katanas are being released today to dealers.

&
davei said:
The Star are more stable than the Pro. I believe the heaviest Star are fairly stable, at least the ones I have thrown. The 168 and 171 g Star did turn somewhat, but not as much as the Pro. The two 175g Star, that I threw were impressively stable, with very little turn.

I believe they may be comparable to the firmer Champion, but are definitely more stable than the softer Champion. If you are looking for more stable, you should probably stay with firmer and heavier Champion and Star.

They'll have some star katanas at the tourney this weekend, gonna grab one or two before they're gone like the X forces.

oh and whoever Innova gets to design the worlds stamps needs to be fired. Both the 2008 and the new 2009 stamps suck.

booter said:
when are the star's going to be released into regular production? after the pro worlds?

Yep. Of course, that's what they said about the Star-narchs, and I haven't seen any of those yet.