• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Innova Katana

Went to my local sports store to see if they had stocked up. Found a Star Katana that was made out of that sweet semi-translucent and gummy red Star plastic. Also it had some dome unlike the other Star Katanas there, looked about as domey as my Farting Lemon. Tempting...

Bullet is your disc like the one jubuttib described with a little dome? My hard non see through flat as a pancake Startana is terribly HSS. It makes me wonder if my shoulder could take tossing tomahawks and would it be looong?

jubuttib said:
Went to my local sports store to see if they had stocked up. Found a Star Katana that was made out of that sweet semi-translucent and gummy red Star plastic. Also it had some dome unlike the other Star Katanas there, looked about as domey as my Farting Lemon. Tempting...

I just picked one up just like that but haven't thrown it yet. I will let you know how it flies when I throw it.

Necromancy, woo!

So yeah, I was looking at my CFR Katanas hanging on the wall and remembered how much I liked the Farting Lemon. The first production run of Star Katanas came out flat and hoggy, but how have the subsequent runs been? Surely someone has tried them?

I don't own any production runs, but when browsing at local shops I haven't seen any stars that are domey. I occasionally break out my presidents cup echo star katana, but only when I play a course that's wide open with a strong tailwind...

My super domey Echo Stars are way understable, almost to the point of being hard to control. Hopefully they're nothing like that.

jubuttib said:
My super domey Echo Stars are way understable, almost to the point of being hard to control. Hopefully they're nothing like that.

That sounds like every Pro Katana I've ever thrown, I figured they'd be more stable in E*.

Sean40474 said:
That sounds like every Pro Katana I've ever thrown, I figured they'd be more stable in E*.
Yeah, they were only slightly more controllable than the Pros I've thrown.

I have a 171 and several 175 Lemon Lake Katanas, 2 first run Pro 175 katanas and 1 170 regular production run. None of them are the same.

The 171 Lemon Lake flies an awesome long anny but it's prone to turning over too much and will not handle headwind well. 70% and smooth is perfect for this disc.

The 175 Lemon Lakes require very good snap to stay turned over and always come back at the end. the flight is dependable and they handle headwind better.

The Pro katanas are too flippy for me, put them away as I can't stand an unreliable disc. Yeah, thrown on a perfect hyzer flip line, they go really far, farther than the stars.

The Regular run katana is very fast and overstable and low speed really stable so I have found it nice for low short/medium meathook shots. It reminds me of a little faster new star boss.

discgolfgeek said:
I have a 171 and several 175 Lemon Lake Katanas, 2 first run Pro 175 katanas and 1 170 regular production run. None of them are the same.

The 171 Lemon Lake flies an awesome long anny but it's prone to turning over too much and will not handle headwind well. 70% and smooth is perfect for this disc.

The 175 Lemon Lakes require very good snap to stay turned over and always come back at the end. the flight is dependable and they handle headwind better.

The Pro katanas are too flippy for me, put them away as I can't stand an unreliable disc. Yeah, thrown on a perfect hyzer flip line, they go really far, farther than the stars.

The Regular run katana is very fast and overstable and low speed really stable so I have found it nice for low short/medium meathook shots. It reminds me of a little faster new star boss.

I've had some of my longest throws ever these, but they're to squirrely and inconsistent for me to throw them often.

Latest posts