• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Innova Katana

I asked Dave D. and Champ Katanas are going to be fundraisers for "this season" whatever that means. I guess that's at least until the Japan Open. Its too bad because I really think that the Champs are going to be the best. I think Champ generally glides better than star and is a bit slower. Slower is kind of a good thing for a turning disc as it makes for a better flight character.

I'm not sure whether I have a soft Champ or not. Mine feels like a FR Boss...sort of soft, but not gummy as I've heard some described. I don't want a real stable Katana (as the Stars are described) because that's basically a Boss. I also don't want a squirrely Katana. I like the ones I have, I guess I'll just have to avoid throwing them on water holes, which is what Pro Bosses are for almost exclusively now.

from what I've read the ones from dgv were the gummy ones and the ones from hero were the more firm ones. so these 2nd runs were supposed to be a mix of the 2 plastics. don't know what this means lol but its more info on the disc

Also my orange is much more gummy than the green.. its nice gummy feeling

so I must say my 175 pro is basically only good for extreme tailwinds right now as even with 45 degrees of hyzer I have to power down to prevent a total flip. The champ is still kicking.

What does the champ. do at 400-500ft. of power? I'm wondering if it has a use for huge right to left or super distance/tailwind sidearms.

Flick4D said:
What does the champ. do at 400-500ft. of power? I'm wondering if it has a use for huge right to left or super distance/tailwind sidearms.

That's a huge range...I'll put it this way...If you have to throw the Boss harder than you'd like to get some high speed turn then the Katana will be more controllable. If you can throw the Boss and get some high speed turn easily then it probably is not going to be that useful to you. My Katana is very useful...It flies like a Boss, but with a straighter flight character and at lower launch velocities. I do like my Bosses overstable though...So keep that in mind when reading my comparison.

I got a 171 and 172 star katana in today from DGV. Both of mine are orange and really domey. I didn't get to throw them today because of the weather but I am excited to see how they fly considering my champ one is flat and max weight.

Today was such a great day for mail & UPS delivery, I got:

2 Star Katana's today both Blue (175's) one silver stamp one black stamp.
1 Black 171g 2nd Run Katana w/ Red Stamp.
1 Ice 175g 2nd Run Katana w/ Silver Sparkle Stamp.
2 Yellow 175g 2nd Run Katana's.
1 Neon Orange 171g 2nd Run Katana.
1 Transitional Peach 175g 2nd Run Katana.
1 Blue 175g Pro 1st Run Katana.

Total Katana's owned = 5 1st run Pro's, 2 1st Run Champ's, 6 2nd Run Champ & 2 Star = 15 Katana's.

Man I love me my Katana's!!! I'll put a picture up of all of them in a little while. I bombed my Pro 175g at least 400ft yesterday without even trying, I love this disc.

Tim Red Beard said:
Today was such a great day for mail & UPS delivery, I got:

2 Star Katana's today both Blue (175's) one silver stamp one black stamp.
1 Black 171g 2nd Run Katana w/ Red Stamp.
1 Ice 175g 2nd Run Katana w/ Silver Sparkle Stamp.
2 Yellow 175g 2nd Run Katana's.
1 Neon Orange 171g 2nd Run Katana.
1 Transitional Peach 175g 2nd Run Katana.
1 Blue 175g Pro 1st Run Katana.

Total Katana's owned = 5 1st run Pro's, 2 1st Run Champ's, 6 2nd Run Champ & 2 Star = 15 Katana's.

Man I love me my Katana's!!! I'll put a picture up of all of them in a little while. I bombed my Pro 175g at least 400ft yesterday without even trying, I love this disc.
bcrickey.jpg

Anyone want to sell or trade away one of the Chartreuse green 1st run champ katanas?

TeamTollandDG said:
Frank Delicious said:
that is some serious cash dropped on katanas

And he is tryin to get one of mine in a trade.

Which you won't get rid of!! :twisted: Yeah it is a lot of cash however I sold at ton of plastic on eBay to help pay for my Katana addiction. I'm probably going to trade most of them however I am going to keep a few as collector discs and throw a few as well.

And without further ado!! My Katanas....
ka1.jpg
ka2.jpg

Tim Red Beard said:
TeamTollandDG said:
Frank Delicious said:
that is some serious cash dropped on katanas

And he is tryin to get one of mine in a trade.

Which you won't get rid of!! :twisted: Yeah it is a lot of cash however I sold at ton of plastic on eBay to help pay for my Katana addiction. I'm probably going to trade most of them however I am going to keep a few as collector discs and throw a few as well.

And without further ado!! My Katanas....
ka1.jpg
ka2.jpg

Tim Red Beard and his Katanas for fighting pirates!

Noice!!

So it's still been really nasty here and I haven't been able to throw my startanas yet. Anyone thrown them and can compare them to the 1st run Champs?

Frank Delicious said:
So it's still been really nasty here and I haven't been able to throw my startanas yet. Anyone thrown them and can compare them to the 1st run Champs?
heavy ones seem to fly very close to the first run champ i threw, maybe a bit more glide, the lighter one (167) seems to be pretty close to pro stability

I'm gonna go at lunch tomorrow and throw the Star ones and one of the new 2nd run Champs. I love my Pro and it bombs on avg 375-400 I love the glide on this disc.

Latest posts