• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Vs. Discraft

I keep waiting to see someone pull a Turbo Putt or Wheel out so I can call them on it. That would be awesome. I would be like "ILLEGAL, ILLEGAL, ILLEGAL!!!!!!!!!!!" and then I'd feel really good about myself. Then I would laugh and say "let me see those I wanna try".

I carry 20 discs in my bag, all of which are Innova. Use to throw some discraft, but just gave up on it. Anything that DC makes innova already has it. Also, I noticed a lot of people saying that the buzzz just feels better than the Roc for them. Have you tried the Cro, if not, you should.

I carry Discraft, Innova, Millenium, Gateway, whatever works,
I tend to like the feel of ESP plastic, but it's just a preference.
I have almost 200 discs, a lot of different makes, plastics, designs, etc.
I just throw what works for me.
I throw an XS instead of a Teebird, but I throw a Roc instead of a Buzzz.
I throw an Avenger SS or Stratus instead of a RoadRunner, but a Magic instead of an Aviar.
Whatever works, baby.

I carry mostly Innova, love their Star and Pro plastic. BUT I also would be lost without my Discraft Buzz (FLX) and XL (ESP).

In the 80's and early 90's it was a lot easier to try every disc made. There just weren't that many. There used to be just one type of plastic (basically) until Millenium started up. I have tried a lot of different discs, many different manufacturers, and lots of plastics. With the way companies are popping up and offering different discs and plastics, it gets more and more difficult to find the right one for you. Keep trying, keep flying, keep having fun and you're doing it right.

I throw almost all Innova, excluding my Wham-O putters.

The only numbers I look at when trying to purchase a disc is price and weight.:D

When I was starting out our monthlies paid out in plastic...and there was only Innova. I haven't strayed since.

DGA is really supportive of our club. I would like to start throwing their stuff more.

86 mold Softie. They're old school enough, yet still very effective. didn't they come out before the Roc (classic Roc)?

There are several other Wham-O molds in the collection box. Someday I'll take some pictures of all of my collectibles.

I have more Discraft discs but my bag is fairly evenly split between Discraft, Innova, and Gateway. I've also got 2 DGA discs I like and I used to have a Millinium disc I miss.

Yes every manufacturer is going to have a disc another manufacturer also has something similar for. I think its silly at best to think that because someone is an originator that would mean they do it better. I prescribe to the philosophy that all paths are worth taking a few steps on. So I try whatever I can get my hands on and keep in my bag what works best for me.
Hell I carry a Roc right next to a Buzzz cause they both work well for me, and guess what ... turns out that being a popular mid doesn't mean you fly like another popular mid.

I have all Innova disc except I have a 150g z flick, 2 black soft challenger putters, 1st run blue esp wasp (on my wall) , players cup stamp sparkle z force (on my wall) , 07,08 ace race disc (brand new not thrown) and a supercolor surge tournament stamp (on my wall)

Hell I carry a Roc right next to a Buzzz cause they both work well for me, and guess what ... turns out that being a popular mid doesn't mean you fly like another popular mid.

I don't know anyone who carries both, you're either a Roc kind of guy or Buzzz, but not both :)

86 mold Softie. They're old school enough, yet still very effective. didn't they come out before the Roc (classic Roc)?
The 86 mold was pre-Roc for sure. I'm pretty fuzzy about when the Softies came out. I didn't get one until '93 and I don't think they had been out all that long before that, maybe a couple of years or so. It's hard to remember since the mold says '84 on it. It was way after '84 that the Softies came out.

Remember the first 86 molds? Pretty stiff plastic, but they were good for distance for their time. Seems like the hot stamp had 10 or 12 86's printed in a circle. Those were the first I saw, then the black Softies came out in '87 or '88. I used to mark my Softies by blacking out the "f", turning it into a "So tie".

I don't know anyone who carries both, you're either a Roc kind of guy or Buzzz, but not both :)

what can I say ... I defy conventional wisdom. :cool:

The Buzzz gets more love than the Roc but not a whole lot more.
I'm also a heavy mid-range user, Teeing off with a mid about as frequently if not more
than with a driver.

I mainly use Discraft... funny thing is, people here talk about how all they can find is Innova, but I started playing in Michigan and Discraft was the easiest to find there for me. I like the Innova Valkerie and there is a reason why everybody LOVES the Roc, but the ESP Buzz keeps a more consistent flight longer IMHO. I recently won an Innova Monarch, so I'll give that a whirl.

My bag currently consists of all Discraft.
Drivers- Avenger SS, Tracker, Surge
Mids- Buzz, Comet, Drone
Putters- Banger GT, Soft Magnet

I used to throw the Meteor, but I pulled it out in favor of the Comet, easier to approach with.

I agree....

what can I say ... I defy conventional wisdom. :cool:

The Buzzz gets more love than the Roc but not a whole lot more.
I'm also a heavy mid-range user, Teeing off with a mid about as frequently if not more
than with a driver.

I tend to be more of a mid player as well.... it's much easier to get consistent control and my scores drop as a result. I'll gladly take par with two consistent throws and a putt over a bad drive into some crap, a rescue shot, and a difficult long or blocked putt.

Mostly Innova but branching out.

I have almost all Innova, but I have been branching out and trying to buy from some of the smaller companies. (i.e. gateway and millenium) and Ive also bought a few discraft to try out. For me if I like how it flies, Im throwing it ... my loyalty is to my score not any disc company. ;)

This is where I come from also.

One thing that has happened lately is with my go to putter. I have used Aviar, Aero, and thrown a few others to try. But nothing beats the DC Challenger for me. I still use the Aero for long putts (over 50 feet) and approach shots but inside of that nothing does better than my Challenger.

Latest posts