• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Vs. Discraft

sorry to come off upset. i just simply want the correct advice up on the boards. Pro's and Am's use the wraith as a headwind driver all the time, i just don't think that it is fair to use any one persons opinion as a standard. i meant no offense by my previous posts, just wanted to provide some backing for my reply. :)http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif

No prob...i would think pro's and am's would already know this info, i didn't want noobs to get a wraith thinking it will be awesome into wind, then not be able to keep it from flipping...

i had one when first throwing RHBH and it flipped on me all the time, but i guess that was just really bad technique...

I do agree with one of the previous posts saying that the innova molds don't seem as consistent. I recently had to replace my roc and the new one I got doesn't feel or fly a bit like my "old faithfull" one did even though it's the same weight. .

were u using a DX roc? i think one thing is that unless you want to Spend $30+ on a Champion Roc you can only get a DX or a KC pro roc. These will both break in quickly and become understable (especially the DX).
I'm not sure this is a matter of manufacturing inconsistency or just the plastics which the Roc is available arent as
durable as the plastics the Buzzz is available in for reasonable price.

u will notice a difference going from any beat disc to a brand new one.

So you can save $18 and get a Z Buzzz instead of a Champ Roc

INNOVA Vs. DISCRAFT

The bulk of my discs are Innova, but again it is due to the availability of Discraft and other brands. I wouldn't have even cared until I found a Discraft Elite Z Xpress driver which is by far the best driver I've thrown to date. This prompted me to order other highly touted Discraft discs such as the comet and buzz and I WAS NOT DISAPPOINTED! I still love my Valk and Cobra, but the Discraft discs are what I'm moving towards for sure.

The bulk of my discs are Innova, but again it is due to the availability of Discraft and other brands. I wouldn't have even cared until I found a Discraft Elite Z Xpress driver which is by far the best driver I've thrown to date.

Totally,that express is awesome! I just started throwing RHBH over the last month and thats what I reach for pretty often. The only thing I don't like is it's a bit to understable which forces me to release it nice and level,and thats kinda hard to do for a noob! Express rocs!:D

Unless your sponsored... play with what works.
As for me, I'm from So-Cal... and so is Innova. And since Innova does so much for disc golf, especially in So-Cal, I'm loyal.
DSCJNKY

I'm an Innova guy all the way. I love the feel of their plastics. I trust their flight ratings. Discs are very reliable and predictable over time. Very accessible in the marketplace. And I'm from So Cal too and Innova is a very good sponsor of local tournaments so I'm loyal as well.

i mainly have innova discs. but really the main reason is because that is all that is sold locally. if i go to either of the local sporting goods stores all they have on the shelf is innova. so by default i buy another innova disc. i did buy a couple new/used discs from a guy at the local course. i think he buys in bulk and sells them. i got a discraft putter and a cyclone. they are nice. i just got a Buzzz for xmas and i'm eager to try that out. i hadn't tried a roc either yet and i got one of those right at the end of the season. so this spring i'll be practicing with a fresh view of both discs. it seems like people prefer whichever they started with so i'm interested to see which one wins me over.

i think the big things in innovas favor are 1)how easy it is to find innova discs at stores, and 2) the sheer number of innova discs to choose from. they give you that little sheet with each disc that shows the other discs and how they fly, it just suckers me in to getting another disc from them.

Poke'Disc - gotta get 'em all!

i noticed on Sunday when i was at the local PIAS, they now carry a decent selection of Discraft, whereas previously they only had innova...encouraging...

The only non-Innova discs I have in my bag are a Z Buzz and a Q Sentinel and I couldn't play a round without them.

Innova: Wraith and Teebird are irreplaceable for me.

I also have a Orc, T-Rex, Sidewinder and Pig..however I could replace these with something from discraft if needed.

Discraft: Predator and Buzzz are must haves.

I also carry a Wasp, but its not a neccesity.

Gateway: Wizard (best putter on market)

Innova are nice molds, I have a majority of them in my bag.

But, the plastic is not always as good as other companies. The DX plastic feels wonderful in the hands but beats in after only a few rounds. The star plastic is supposed to be their best, but even this is very inconsistent from batch to batch...some are hard and smooth offering little grip and others are grippier but more readily beat in. Also, some runs have changes in shape (e.g., some are domey and others are not, even it they are supposed to be the same disc).

Discraft ESP plastic is pretty sweet. Let's see Innova try to top that, and get their plastic running more consistently, and then I'll tip my hat to them as the top disc maker. Discraft is still up there.

Also, lots of other good (legendary, even) discs from other makers. Order some online if you can't get them in your local stores.

I carry a mixed bag but Discraft are my go to discs. This came about because initially I could not figure of the ratings for Innova discs. Discraft is easier to figure out when you are new to the sport. I do throw Innova but irregularly and only those with similar performance to Discaft. I am rather pleased that I can select comparable discs from Discraft and Innova - like the XS and Teebird - and not see a significant difference in performance.

Agree with JHern about the ESP plastic. You can beat that stuff to death and it barely scratches.

I carry a mixed bag but Discraft are my go to discs. This came about because initially I could not figure of the ratings for Innova discs. Discraft is easier to figure out when you are new to the sport.

i was the opposite, i thought the innova rating always made more sense to me...i don't know if being an engineer has anything to do with that though...

i was the opposite, i thought the innova rating always made more sense to me...i don't know if being an engineer has anything to do with that though...

With all due respect, being an engineer has everything to do with everything!