• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Introducing SD, Salient Discs

Chris, who will be testing them in Cola? I threw the PVC proto and the gummy one a few times at Owens and that was a blast. I can't wait to see what you guys come up with!

Haha the PVC proto was awesome, it wasnt meant to be thrown an was more for getting the geometry right but we decided to throw them anyway lol. This weekend/early next week Scott and I will be out and about and you should come throw a few of the different plastics. I also want you to dye a few if you don't mind.

Haha the PVC proto was awesome, it wasnt meant to be thrown an was more for getting the geometry right but we decided to throw them anyway lol. This weekend/early next week Scott and I will be out and about and you should come throw a few of the different plastics. I also want you to dye a few if you don't mind.

Would be glad to dye some plastic for yall :thmbup:

Btw the spelling was changed back to Prometheus ;)

Good decision! :clap::thmbup:I hope my post had something to do with it...probably not, but at least I feel like I contributed to something. I seriously am excited about SD and will be eagerly awaiting it's release.:popcorn:

Haha your post was the one that stuck out for sure lol I really think discs golfers will be suprised at what a little enginuity and financial capital can do.

Im really excited about this company. While the added variety to the disc market this year has been nice the amount of clones dulled it down and kinda got annoying. I'm really hoping you guys come up with some cool ideas. Also as many others have stated I like the fact that you guys are also making a shoe...balls in your court vibram.

Im really excited about this company. While the added variety to the disc market this year has been nice the amount of clones dulled it down and kinda got annoying. I'm really hoping you guys come up with some cool ideas. Also as many others have stated I like the fact that you guys are also making a shoe...balls in your court vibram.

Here are a few test discs, you can see by the writing how important consistency is to us, we record everything!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 159
Looking good. Are you just molding the Prometheus at this point, or are there some test mids out there too? Also, what will be different about your shoes compared to, let's say, the Keen Delavegas?

I'm looking forward to throwing these giant discs haha.

We have a couple of discs in the works with a staggered release. To name sure each disc is a consistent as possible with our proprietary blend of polymers we have to give each mold adequate focus.

The shoes will be different in that they will be a one piece construction with a high abrasion resistance compared to other shoes. Along with being the first disc golf specifc company producing a shoe we will focus on disc golfers and not just taking a hiking shoe and marketing it as a disc golf shoe.

32 pages, yup, I have no time to read them all.

Is there a plan on how they are going to be released because I am assuming, or at least hoping, that it is going to be more than just a Facebook and forum blast followed by the stores sending out an email.

Are there plans for an Ace Race, Ace Run, Birdie Bash style tournament? I find that you will usually draw in some kind of fanboy in what otherwise what not be your local market. This tournament director, who would normally fly under the radar in regards to the type of person you would normally consider to be a tester, can accomplish a lot more than just a straight up word of mouth campaign.

We have a couple of discs in the works with a staggered release. To name sure each disc is a consistent as possible with our proprietary blend of polymers we have to give each mold adequate focus.

The shoes will be different in that they will be a one piece construction with a high abrasion resistance compared to other shoes. Along with being the first disc golf specifc company producing a shoe we will focus on disc golfers and not just taking a hiking shoe and marketing it as a disc golf shoe.

I know this is a lot for shoes, but if you can make something light, durable, and waterproof, I am in. I have hilly courses near me, but I feel like hiking boots really hinder my footwork. Something along the lines of trail running shoes with a durable sole and waterproof outer would be rad.