• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Introducing SD, Salient Discs

I'm sorry, but the "this disc can't be measured by traditional ratings" sounds like lame sauce to me. Hopefully I'm wrong, but that just seems silly

i bet the discs fly up and down, rather than turning or fading, so youd have to do a side profile flight chart that looks like this

mrw-i-stick-my-hand-out-a-car-window-10138.gif

I'm sorry, but the "this disc can't be measured by traditional ratings" sounds like lame sauce to me. Hopefully I'm wrong, but that just seems silly

Everyone has there own opinion and for everyone other than those closest to Salient Discs I wouldn't expect to understand but that's what happens when a company steps out of the traditional.

Keep trolling nolang

Last edited:
Really can't wait to find out why this disc can't be measured in terms of typical flight. I know every company has to market but this is something we've all heard before in the disc golf world and I've yet to see any manufacturer or line of discs do something that defies the way we know discs to fly in terms of physics.

A typical flight chart shows the flight of the disc so unless your's teleports I think you'll be able to draw a line of the average flight.

Now if you tell me you've ground up unicorn horn to mix with the polymers I'll buy it that you've got a magical disc.

^^^^^way off base, but I expect that in these forums

As for defying physics I don't expect our discs to do that, but I do expect and "I know" flight characteristics for our upcoming discs will fill a gap in many players bags. If we had a copy of another disc than I would be the first to call BS, but we don't make copies, so unless you are here molding discs for us I don't expect many to understand.

Posting about magical discs then getting defensive when someone voices their opinion? I'm becoming less and less interested in this company.

Evneedle has there own opinion and for everyone other than those closest to Salient Discs I wouldn't expect to understand but that's what happens when a company steps out of the traditional.

Keep trolling nolang

Whoa there buckaroo. No need for any of that.

Whoa there buckaroo. No need for any of that.

No disrespect, just letting you know that I wouldn't expect anyone to see what I mean until we release our discs. It's way to hard to take tone away from a post and all too often many posts are taken negatively instead of matter of fact.

I will also say that this is an open forum and if I want to defend my product then I have the right to just like everyone else has the right to voice their opinion and some may not like it but that's just different strokes for different folks.

My biggest problem with shoes, as is probably most disc golfers, is blowing out the sides. More often than not I see the most wear and tear on the outside toes.

I had Bites for awhile but when they went, they went fast. So far the best shoes I have ever come across are the Swiss Wears from Target. I have even destroyed work boots and winter boots. This winter I switched up to hunting boots and they seem to be holding up fine, but wow, what an investment.

I agree the sides, forefoot and inside heel get lots of wear. the solution is having a one piece sole with a lower that is made of leather meeting at the sole and a mesh upper for breath ability. We are trying to make the best shoe possible but as many people know its hard to please everyone, we will try our best.

Everyone has there own opinion and for everyone other than those closest to Salient Discs I wouldn't expect to understand but that's what happens when a company steps out of the traditional.

Keep trolling nolang

man you need a PR person before your company tanks before the first disc flies.

also trolling? really? it was a joke. im never buying any of your products.

man you need a PR person before your company tanks before the first disc flies.

also trolling? really? it was a joke. im never buying any of your products.

Ladies and Gentleman... I'd like to give to give the inaugural Trolls Failing at Trolling award to..... :popcorn::popcorn:

This froodlenutzkieing guy here.... :wall:

If anyone thinks this company will fail because of some posts on a message board, your world view might be a little warped... DGCR is not the American Journal of Discs 'n' Sh*t. No one cares what we think other than us and some industry people. And I would venture a guess that most people on here don't even care about most of the crap on here....

SD looks cool. Nowangherity isn't funny. Good day.

Zero drop, flexible, wide toe box… pure minimalist.

But this is the thread for discs. I kind of hope the shoes, when they come out, are under a different sub-brand. Unless the brand is "Salient Disc Golf" (it's "Salient Discs" right now right? Thread title indicates as much.).

The branding will be under Salient Discs and the first shoe is called DG Spec 1.

The branding will be under Salient Discs and the first shoe is called DG Spec 1.

Can't wait to see the shoes and feel some of those pretty discs man! Sounds great, and I really enjoy the way you're handling yourself as a company. Very down to earth. Normal guy type of thing.

Kudos and such. :thmbup:

Ladies and Gentleman... I'd like to give to give the inaugural Trolls Failing at Trolling award to..... :popcorn::popcorn:

This froodlenutzkieing guy here.... :wall:

If anyone thinks this company will fail because of some posts on a message board, your world view might be a little warped... DGCR is not the American Journal of Discs 'n' Sh*t. No one cares what we think other than us and some industry people. And I would venture a guess that most people on here don't even care about most of the crap on here....

SD looks cool. Nowangherity isn't funny. Good day.

^^^You sir have just won 3 first run Prometheus/Prometheii lol...PM with your address and we will have them sent out to you when we get them finished.

Oh so we're back to second grade paradigm. So, in addition to passing out fruit gummies to those who "have your back," anyone who disagrees with you with also not be your friend any more?

I've been extremely underwhelmed by every single post of yours on this board, beginning with the "challenger" bag

Prometheii is so cool sounding... I said it in the PM, but thanks again! Can NOT wait to fondle these in a completely inappropriate way... Will take pictures before the fondling most likely... I wouldn't want to incriminate myself in any disclestation....

Edit:
Oh so we're back to second grade paradigm. So, in addition to passing out fruit gummies to those who "have your back," anyone who disagrees with you with also not be your friend any more?

I've been extremely underwhelmed by every single post of yours on this board, beginning with the "challenger" bag

I don't have his back... I don't even know him, man... That guy just sucks at trolling. And if he's not trolling all the time every post every thread, then wow.

Also it can't be a 2nd grade paradigm because I'm in 4th Grade and my Dad can beat up your dad!!

On Topic: Salient Discs has pretty pretty protos, and the shoes will probably be cool as well.

Last edited: