• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Introducing SD, Salient Discs

I can't wait to try these, I've always thought a condor sized driver would be sick to throw. The shoes sounds sick too I'm tired of spending $50 every month or so at Marshall's on new shoes. Hope this venture works out and we see these discs on the WestCoast!

Oh so we're back to second grade paradigm. So, in addition to passing out fruit gummies to those who "have your back," anyone who disagrees with you with also not be your friend any more?

I've been extremely underwhelmed by every single post of yours on this board, beginning with the "challenger" bag

Yep, and then if you say anything bad about the products, the fake doctor's little buddy comes around and threatens you with physical violence.

This is what happens every time there is a speculation thread or an announcement thread half the people are pumped up for a new manufacturer or disc then the other half and either troll or comment on the trolls..... and i know I am playing into this as well but i just hope there is some actual throwers that can describe these discs take pics and also some vids of them throwing... Just wish this thread and others like it could stay on track.

I think we all just need to take a step back and remember that everyone has an opinion. If you are bashing a company, the company rep has a right to defend themselves. So let's take a deep breath and get the thread back on track. I will start. Even being here in New Mexico I am excited to let these discs fly. For me it is difficult to find a distance driver I absolutely love and that will pair well with my MVP drivers. I really hope I find this in the Prometheus.

how stable is it, good wind fighter at all or more of a tailwind disc?

From what I have heard, it is a stable disc. Not over or under. Kind of an all around disc. Not a strong head wind fighter but not a flippy tailwind driver either.

I hate everyone who has ever said anything bad about this company. Where are my 3 free discs? Should I pm you my address now or after they are run?

Just left a meeting and at this point we had a vote and all further information will be withheld until further notice. But keep your eyes peeled for our social media (twitter/faecbook) and official website in the near future :)

If I don't respond to questions don't take it personally, in due time all questions will be answered.

I hate everyone who has ever said anything bad about this company. Where are my 3 free discs? Should I pm you my address now or after they are run?

attachment.php

I don't hate anyone brotato. I can't help that I'm super funny. Or something. The man is just generous and decided I could be a tester. I don't see the issue...

And also /trollface.jpg

Man, this thread got AWESOME while I was out doing yard work! :popcorn: indeed.

One thing I wanted to discuss:

DGCR is not the American Journal of Discs 'n' Sh*t. No one cares what we think other than us and some industry people.

With respect, then, why does Salient have more of a presence on here than on any other social media site? (Do a Google search for Salient's Facebook and Twitter and you'll see what I mean.) If kilgus didn't think people on here care, he wouldn't be posting. Obviously there is a market segment to hit here that they find worth targeting.

And as for people trolling in this thread, it is going to happen - especially if the main person behind the company responds to said trolling. Look at how dgfanatic (who is associated with SD) had interactions on here with Grip - the bigger company did not come off very professional. The best thing for the company to do, even if they feel like they have the right to defend their product (which they do), is to simply ignore the negativity. Don't quote it. Don't respond. Just move to the next comment. They will look much better for it in the end.

Free PR advice for the day done. Next time I want three discs, too. ;)

And as for people trolling in this thread, it is going to happen - especially if the main person behind the company responds to said trolling. Look at how dgfanatic (who is associated with SD) had interactions on here with Grip - the bigger company did not come off very professional. The best thing for the company to do, even if they feel like they have the right to defend their product (which they do), is to simply ignore the negativity. Don't quote it. Don't respond. Just move to the next comment. They will look much better for it in the end.

Free PR advice for the day done. Next time I want three discs, too. ;)

I realize that Chris takes this stuff seriously, but I have to agree.

Let the final product speak for itself.

Some people have nothing better to do than try to stir up emotions on the internet, and once you start responding to each one you'll open up the floodgates...and drive yourself crazy.

One thing I wanted to discuss:

With respect, then, why does Salient have more of a presence on here than on any other social media site? (Do a Google search for Salient's Facebook and Twitter and you'll see what I mean.) If kilgus didn't think people on here care, he wouldn't be posting. Obviously there is a market segment to hit here that they find worth targeting.

Yes.

^^^^^way off base, but I expect that in these forums

As for defying physics I don't expect our discs to do that, but I do expect and "I know" flight characteristics for our upcoming discs will fill a gap in many players bags. If we had a copy of another disc than I would be the first to call BS, but we don't make copies, so unless you are here molding discs for us I don't expect many to understand.

I'm not trolling and I'm not trying to be personal, you shouldn't take it that way. It's business. I'm just saying the way you worded that makes it sound like every other manufacturer prior to release. Then we throw the discs and they fly like discs do. It comes down to plastic preference and I love what you have to say about your supplier, testing, and science that goes into that I just prefer to wait and test for myself before I start buying into what the marketing strategy says.

Or I guess you just would rather prefer I don't try your product I can't tell but you're saying you expect this on this forum but you came here to pump your product not the other way around so I'll give my thoughts whether you want to take them constructively or not. You're the guy trying to make a profit not me. I understand you aren't copying other molds. I think that's great. I look forward to your release and seeing them in action. :thmbup:

I think we all just need to take a step back and remember that everyone has an opinion. If you are bashing a company, the company rep has a right to defend themselves. So let's take a deep breath and get the thread back on track. I will start. Even being here in New Mexico I am excited to let these discs fly. For me it is difficult to find a distance driver I absolutely love and that will pair well with my MVP drivers. I really hope I find this in the Prometheus.

People who are now in business and trying to get it off the ground shouldn't be so touchy to feedback. I wasn't trolling I'm trying to give him an opinion on how his marketing strategy comes off sounding. There is bashing and that's one thing but I saw none of that yet. I expect some now but it won't be from me.

It's also hilarious he's sending three first runs of magic discs to the first poster who kissed up and tried to fight off the alleged troll.

I wish your business success I really do but you've turned me off to trying out your product. Not a big deal. :\

It's also hilarious he's sending three first runs of magic discs to the first poster who kissed up and tried to fight off the alleged troll.

All of you are just butthurt. I didn't kiss up. I wanted to troll. I didn't want to fight him off. I wanted it to be a glorious battle with blood and explosions and Michael Bay product placements.

I'll give you something to kiss up though... ;)

WHY DOES NO ONE REALIZE I GOT REWARDED FOR BEING THE FUNNIEST OF ALL TIME OF ALL TIME OF ALL TIME .. ... ....

But srsly, I don't know this guy. I wasn't sticking up for anyone, but apparently I stuck some hurts up in a bunch of places/ people. Sorry I got discs. Sorry you didn't. I didn't get them on purpose. I am planning on a bunch of pictures and a review though. So maybe that will ease your pain.

All of you are just butthurt. I didn't kiss up. I wanted to troll. I didn't want to fight him off. I wanted it to be a glorious battle with blood and explosions and Michael Bay product placements.

I'll give you something to kiss up though... ;)

WHY DOES NO ONE REALIZE I GOT REWARDED FOR BEING THE FUNNIEST OF ALL TIME OF ALL TIME OF ALL TIME .. ... ....

But srsly, I don't know this guy. I wasn't sticking up for anyone, but apparently I stuck some hurts up in a bunch of places/ people. Sorry I got discs. Sorry you didn't. I didn't get them on purpose. I am planning on a bunch of pictures and a review though. So maybe that will ease your pain.

Yeah we get it. He called us trolls and "rewards" the actual troll. I'm glad you got something you wanted, broseph. I don't need any giant diameter magic discs that don't fit right in the bag. I'll keep throwing my old traditional flying plastic.

By the way......OU sucks. :p

Honestly I think the 3 free discs was maybe a bit too whimsical for my liking. It's hard to take a company (or a person) seriously when they just make things up as they go along.

Latest posts