• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Jomez Productions

Uuuuugh, zing! I love Nikko to death but by god I could have been there putting for him and not done much worse. And thats saying something. Horrible horrible timing.

Yeah, bad putting from Nikko which is weird as he is typically very good (and slow ;)) at putting.

Yeah, bad putting from Nikko which is weird as he is typically very good (and slow ;)) at putting.

Nikko is one of those who is either really 'on' with his putting, or really 'off'; there is rarely in between, at least from what I've seen when he is on feature cards. He'll have a round where he just drains every putt from C2 and in, then there are rounds where he can't hit the side of a barn, much less a 15 ft. putt.

I'm not the biggest fan of McCall's commentary. Sexton, Koling, Risley, Uli and others have given us reason to listen to their take(s) on hole dissection, player shots, etc. Everything I hear from McCall is taken as opinion from someone who isn't at the level we are used to hearing from. The same could be said for the Central Coast guys, but I suppose I like their personalities so it's not bothersome. Nevertheless, he could be much worse and it's not stopping me from tuning in!

If I was a casual observer and was watching McBeth's drive on 1, the dull and uninspired commentary wouldn't lead me to believe I had seen something impressive.

Dull and uninspired? Maybe, but they did say it would be talked about for years because it was so good. I'll take them over Jerm and sexton laughing at their own bad jokes.

Dull and uninspired? Maybe, but they did say it would be talked about for years because it was so good. I'll take them over Jerm and sexton laughing at their own bad jokes.

Opinions and stuff.

I will take excited commentators over monotone boredom 10 times out of 10 and that's why if I feel the need to watch KC Wide Open again it will be on mute.

I thought it was in bad taste when both McCall and Risley said McBeth was throwing a Thunderbird on a hole and then laughed at their own bad joke.

Especially considering Discraft was a Presenting Sponsor and they both are affiliated/employed by Dynamic.

I thought it was in bad taste when both McCall and Risley said McBeth was throwing a Thunderbird on a hole and then laughed at their own bad joke.

Especially considering Discraft was a Presenting Sponsor and they both are affiliated/employed by Dynamic.

They also said someone (forget who and what round, but not Trilogy sponsered) threw a Spark and a bit later made the correction.

Again, time for the other side of the coin.
And this is presented as one person's opinion.

Personally, I like Robert McCall commentating.
AJ has toned down a bit, for the better.
Together, they sound a bit like two good buddies taking a few hours to watch a DG video, and it sounds a bit sophomoric at times.
Maybe, that's what I enjoy.
I know it's not Wide World of Sports, or ESPN, or even BigSexy, but they're not trying to be (at least I think not).
Anyways, I enjoyed it.
Again, personally, I look forward to any commentating by Robert and I think that AJ will do better and better with experience.

I thought Risley and McCall were okay (almost mispelled it 'oaky', Freudian slip there?) but not great. But they do have potential with time and practice to be much better. Yes, they do need a bit of enthusiasm and no so many bad jokes, but there's potential, there...

There are some seriously picky people 'round these parts. Sheez.
Seriously. DG is still a very niche sport that doesn't make much money compared to any of the major sports. I'm still blown away when I watch these videos, when I consider what their equipment and travel costs must be, and just cost of living period. And considering their commentators have zero media training, they do a fine job. We are spoiled to be able to watch these slick condensed videos for every big tournament, even if all you could hear was chains and applause. Everyone involved is doing it for the love of the sport, certainly not to get rich.