• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Jomez Productions

R3 F9- - wow

That R3 F9 is insane. . GG goes -10 in just 7 holes, that´s has to be a record of some kind?

Poor Paul. he goes -9 on the F9 and LOOSES strokes ?!? lol

R3 F9- - wow

That R3 F9 is insane. . GG goes -10 in just 7 holes, that´s has to be a record of some kind?

Poor Paul. he goes -9 on the F9 and LOOSES strokes ?!? lol

That's what happens when you put the best in the world on a course with Recreational pars.

I would really like to see someone like GG or Paul on this cource vs a 900 rated Am

A "champ vs chump" with only ONE chump . . . the best in the world makes this cource look easy, but for me i probably would not be easy at all

Just want to say thanks to Jomez for bringing us the CCRO coverage. I enjoyed watching this tournament, and a lot of it was due to the excellent coverage. :thmbup:

That's what happens when you put the best in the world on a course with Recreational pars.

True, but it still was impressive to watch. And I've said it before and will say it again: I just don't think it's possible to create a course that will challenge the very best players that won't leave the rest of the players, even good pros, simply destroyed. The very best are just at a different level...

Its just ridiculous how far Gurthie can get a disc to carry throwing them that damn high. It just boggles my mind...

Its just ridiculous how far Gurthie can get a disc to carry throwing them that damn high. It just boggles my mind...

Yes, the disc "should" just stall out.. but it continues forward. . just how?!

And the amount of spinn that the disc still have after 600feet in the air is unbelievable

Was that back foot off the ground on Paul's teeshot on 18?

I watched all 3 rounds of the Jomez coverage, and never saw any player throw a disc anything like the direction that the tee pad faces.
The players all instead immediately threw their discs over the adjacent tree line.
The Jomez drone hole preview itself followed the same path that the players chose, and the commentators seemed to indicate that throwing over the tree line is the intended route of the fairway.

Was the hole designed such that the players must throw over the trees, or are they all choosing to take the Simon Lizotte over the top route?

If the players are expected to throw nearly perpendicular to the tee pad, then it would be prudent to give the players significant leeway concerning the run up. But, if they are throwing in a direction that the tournament director never intended, then there must be foot faults going on all day at that tee.

I watched all 3 rounds of the Jomez coverage, and never saw any player throw a disc anything like the direction that the tee pad faces.
The players all instead immediately threw their discs over the adjacent tree line.
The Jomez drone hole preview itself followed the same path that the players chose, and the commentators seemed to indicate that throwing over the tree line is the intended route of the fairway.

Was the hole designed such that the players must throw over the trees, or are they all choosing to take the Simon Lizotte over the top route?

If the players are expected to throw nearly perpendicular to the tee pad, then it would be prudent to give the players significant leeway concerning the run up. But, if they are throwing in a direction that the tournament director never intended, then there must be foot faults going on all day at that tee.

The impression I get from that hole is that the tee and basket don't belong to the same hole normally and that the tournament hole is essentially a safari hole, but I think that's just a trick of the camera. More likely the "fairway" wasn't designed to go over that tree line the way the players were playing it and there's a gap through it somewhere to the right of where they're throwing, but it's undesirable to the big arms who want a look at two on a 390 foot hole.

Both McBeth and Gurthie were close to faulting by throwing with one foot off the pad. Hard to tell if their back foot was off the ground at release or not. Were I to guess, I'd say even if they faulted, no one in the group is going to call it because they're all doing the same thing. It's unfortunate, but it's one of those unspoken things among players ("I'll let it go if you let it go") on what are essentially trick shots forced by the design of the course. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the design is bad. It's just not something befitting players of their caliber. The hole probably plays fine when played as intended by mere mortals.

Looks like that hole needs a mando to make them throw the intended line

18.jpg

No, they are choosing to go over the trees and land in the open field area. The fairway actually goes downhill following the direction of the tee pad. Basically goes down straight then as you reach the bottom it goes 90 deg left for 60-80 feet and then 90 deg right towards that elevated (long) basket. The problem is the normal route is a tunnel like shot with the trees kind of forcing you to follow the downward slope of the hill. Basically you cant reach the basket going the traditional route.

Safe play for lesser arms would be to fire something overstable to fade out into the field and end up somewhere past that OB volleyball court. Still leaving some meat on the bone for that upshot/approach. This course has two baskets and two pads for every hole so it can be played in a variety of ways and varied lengths.

Was that back foot off the ground on Paul's teeshot on 18?

Noticed this in round 2 as well, the three backhanders all made it look sketchy to say the least. Kind of approaching that jump putt fuzzy, gray area of too hard to call in real time. Snagged a screen grab of GG just to highlight how strange it looked. Not sure if it was illegal but definitely was a bad look. :confused:

Attachments

• GG18.jpg
    GG18.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 75