• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Kastaplast Berg

Wolfey that is exactly the berg. Throw it harder than you think you should need too and watch it drop straight. One of the top of the world type shots here in CO I throw a K1 Berg hard and flat aiming 20' behind the pin
500' with about 175' elevation drop and it falls right at the pin. Such a fun shot to throw

Picked up a K1 glow at 174g and went ahead and grabbed a K3 at 172g. K1 feels as magnificent as advertised, firm, grippy, with a bubble in the puddle, K3 is definitely grippy and flat.

Throwing them soon, hopefully the K3 will turn into a nice slow turnover thrower for me. Anybody putting with K3?

Put these in the bag for a round and a little field work. I shixt you not, I threw one in from 80' with the K1 glow, mild hyzer flick around a tree and it slo-mo'd into the basket. Needless to say I'm smitten. Threw most of my upshots with them, most of those standtstill flicks. You guys were right, this disc is a flick approach machine.

Probably don't need to bag both of them but I'm gonna for a while. Both have plenty of fade, especially when powered down. Only tried a couple of FH annys and both would hold, then just sit down. Both sit and stick, K3 sticks real nice.

I threw a k1 on Friday and really enjoyed the disc for the 2nd time around. I originally tried it when it came out but the one I had was really os it if I remember correctly so I didn't keep it bagged. The one I threw on Friday was easier to throw and not as os but flew great. So I went ahead and Picked up a neon yellow k1 from infinite. I can't wait to get it so I can put it to work.

so ive had this berg for a month or so and have really started to like it more now that i have it dialed in. it has been a crucial disc in the gusting wind where i need pin point accuracy. i'm still getting used to the FH power it can take and the angles i need to throw it on but the anhyzer fh shots are a thing of beauty. this past weekend we had 35+mph gusts at a tourney on the final day and this disc saved my score in many ways,so reliable. i still bag a serpent,which flies very similar,just less LSS and more glide(beat in) i think if i beat in a k3 berg,it could possibly take its spot but im not in a hurry to try just yet.

i'm still getting used to the FH power it can take and the angles i need to throw it on but the anhyzer fh shots are a thing of beauty.

Yup, FH approaches with my K1 Berg are just so $. I love to loft it with anhyzer and watch it sink right next to the basket. Like tossing a football.

Who's still throwing the Berg?

First round with the Berg today and it only took a couple of holes to understand its stability/distance/etc. Both of the Bergs I threw (white 172 K3 twins) were not truly glideless bricks like I've read here or seen in videos, nor were they as overstable as I recall people calling them. Still a blast to throw and comfortable in the hand. People also mentioned possible trouble putting with them since they "have such little glide" but I couldn't disagree more...felt like any other putter to me more or less. Of course it wasn't as easy as a more neutral mold like say an Aviar or Magnet from 60' out, but inside the circle the differences are negligible IMO.

:popcorn:

I carry one, but don't use it enough. I did sink a sick 80' tunnel shot with it last week. Pretty sweet disc, just has to compete with all the other pretty sweet discs.....

After reading some of this, I need to try it FH for tricky approaches. That might be just the thing.

I carry a handful. If you want the true Berg experience you need to try a k2. K3 is good at what they do, especially for wet weather grip but the k2 accentuates the drops like a brick approach disc. They are exceptionally good when its danger to go too far.

FH approach open field or forced line is definitely the shot the berg excels at the best.

The berg is easily the hardest to replace mold in my bag. It just does so much for me, everything inside 200'

Of course it wasn't as easy as a more neutral mold like say an Aviar or Magnet from 60' out . . .

Both poorly worded and thought out. It doesn't have an ounce of HST regardless of how hard you're throwing it which in this example is 60'ish. The Berg requires more precision in the finer details of your throw and is less forgiving from outside the circle putting distances.

After reading some of this, I need to try it FH for tricky approaches. That might be just the thing.

I'm BH dominant and had numerous good forehand shots today with them. Could have been luck.

I carry a handful. If you want the true Berg experience you need to try a k2. K3 is good at what they do, especially for wet weather grip but the k2 accentuates the drops like a brick approach disc. They are exceptionally good when its danger to go too far.

FH approach open field or forced line is definitely the shot the berg excels at the best.

The berg is easily the hardest to replace mold in my bag. It just does so much for me, everything inside 200'

Isn't the K2 gummy and K1 is more stiff? Aside from the feel of the plastics are they generally different in flight? I understand K3 is probably a different animal but I'd assume the other two are more similar.

Last edited:
Both poorly worded and thought out. It doesn't have an ounce of HST regardless of how hard you're throwing it which in this example is 60'ish. The Berg requires more precision in the finer details of your throw and is less forgiving from outside the circle putting distances.

Agreed, it's not super overstable in that it doesn't want to dump fade, but it's insanely HSS. It's almost surprisingly not super LSS for how HSS it is. But if you put it on any hyzer angle, expect it to hold. I can see it not being great for putting because of that, compared to most putters that just keep going down the line you threw it even if the wing is tilted a bit.

Agreed, it's not super overstable in that it doesn't want to dump fade, but it's insanely HSS. It's almost surprisingly not super LSS for how HSS it is. But if you put it on any hyzer angle, expect it to hold. I can see it not being great for putting because of that, compared to most putters that just keep going down the line you threw it even if the wing is tilted a bit.

After bagging a K2 Berg for a long time, recently I tried replacing it with a K3 for the purpose of feel. The main difference for me has been the finish, both are have great HSS but the K3 has a noticeable drop in LSS. I've been consistently finishing 10-15 right of my target on RHBH because of the lack of bite the K3 provides at the end of the flight.

Glad to hear the premium is more overstable...can anyone comment if there's a difference between K1 and K2 aside from feel? I prefer my plastic firm.

The differences between k1 and k2 in flight is tricky. I have not thrown a lot of K1 (own 2 or 3 of them), because some reason this mold makes me love the soft plastic I usually am very against. (I was one of the ones crying when Gateway discontinued "Firm" shur-grip)

The K1 when thrown hard RHBH seems to finish straighter than the K2. However the k2 is slightly more likely to drift slightly during the HST portion of flight. I like the K1 in the mountains for very downhill throws. It just goes arrow straight and never picks up too much speed, even when thrown hard.

When thrown soft the K1 seems to finish harder and pulls out of line faster. I like the k2 because it seems to work lines well and the disc just seems to have been made to be in k2 plastic.

The differences really are minimal between k1 and k2 in flight, but those are my slight observations.

What you're missing in your questions regarding plastic comparisons is that K2 molds up with slightly more dome in the center of the flight plate than k1 giving a slightly more pronounced thumbrack feel. K3 is almost board flat across the flight plate where k1 has a more gradual dome than k2.

My favorite approach berg is a K2 that has a dome more similar to k1. It almost has some high speed turn out of the box. Still has more fade than my 4 year old k2, but I imagine it will be really sweet after a few years. These take a LONG time to break in. They make my old 3rd run Ions seem like baseline. (the ion hit an amazing sweet spot after about a year of primary driving, while the berg still flys almost new)

The berg in k2 is worth trying. The plastic is not too floppy feeling in your hands due to the disc shape it holds shape well. It is the only disc I have ever preferred in anything but the most firm plastic option.

Good info . . .

Thank you sir:thmbup: I ended up getting a K1 and flattened it. Liked the way my K3 felt but the dome on the K1 was just too weird for me (I don't mind dome on most other discs), it's sliiiightly puddletopped now like a good ESP Zone or something. The Ion reference was exactly what I needed to hear. Can't do the soft or gummy plastics anymore so I think I made the right decision for myself! Only thrown it maybe 20 times or so thus far but it's exactly what I wanted and the epitome of a brick with tons of HSS and very little LSF.

Been throwing and putting with a K3 for a couple weeks now. I can't even bring myself to look at my Aviars anymore. My putting has been more accurate and if I miss I don't overshoot as far. I can even get it to "float" a little for outside of circle jump shots. It is crazy for scrambling, anny holds a line, but always want to fall flat. Hyzer holds to the ground, but doesn't skip or roll. All in all this disc is just pure accuracy. I would warn that a push putter is probably not going to get much distance putting with this, it is suited more for spin putts

If you are throwing a Rhyno for upshots or short drives and ever thought to yourself, "I need a disc with less distance and less fade". The Berg is right for you. Seriously, if you have some spare cash and want a disc that is really fun to throw, grab a Berg. K3 is all I have thrown so far, but there is alot of K1 and K2 love in this thread

Latest posts