• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Kastaplast Berg

Are there any differences in feel or stability between regular K1 and K1-Glow?

Have not thrown K1 Glow Berg yet, I have heard its slightly less stable and has a touch of glide. So far thats the norm for Kastaplast glow with the exception of the Reko which came out more stable

Been feeling these up a little at a new shop in Tulsa. Since I throw a standstill flick for approaches whenever possible, I think I'm gonna have to grab me one. I see it's flight is described as lid-like. I hated the Polecat for flicks, they just turn and burn without a lot of finesse. Looks like the Berg will take some torque. Wondering if it will hold a flick anny line with some snap and released on the proper angle?

Y'all please justify my desire to purchase more shiny plastic.

You will not regret a K1 Berg. It's not going to fly far but is super accurate and has plenty of HSS for FH's. I really like cranking them on a hyzer FH off the tee. Just so predictable and accurate.

Been feeling these up a little at a new shop in Tulsa. Since I throw a standstill flick for approaches whenever possible, I think I'm gonna have to grab me one. I see it's flight is described as lid-like. I hated the Polecat for flicks, they just turn and burn without a lot of finesse. Looks like the Berg will take some torque. Wondering if it will hold a flick anny line with some snap and released on the proper angle?

Y'all please justify my desire to purchase more shiny plastic.

Lid feel and lid lack of fade, but not lid HSS or lid Glide.

FH Anny approaches are one of the bergs strongest uses.

You will not regret a K1 Berg. It's not going to fly far but is super accurate and has plenty of HSS for FH's. I really like cranking them on a hyzer FH off the tee. Just so predictable and accurate.

Lid feel and lid lack of fade, but not lid HSS or lid Glide.

FH Anny approaches are one of the bergs strongest uses.

:clap:

Alrighty then, reckon I'll have to figure out which plastic I wanna try when I get to Tulsa next week. I don't think my shop has K3. Thanks dudes, my wallet already feels lighter.

:clap:

Alrighty then, reckon I'll have to figure out which plastic I wanna try when I get to Tulsa next week. I don't think my shop has K3. Thanks dudes, my wallet already feels lighter.

The K2 I have is really gummy so you'd probably want a stiffer one if you intend on flicking with power.

The K2 I have is really gummy so you'd probably want a stiffer one if you intend on flicking with power.

That's kinda what I was thinking. I saw the K1 described as a firm Star plastic, which I like a lot. Sounds like I won't need to worry much about skips and ground action with the Berg, even with stiffer plastic.

I have a K2 Berg which has been in and out of my bag for two years. For some reason I even sold it to my friend for awhile, but then traded it back :D

I have recently used it again for short FH approaches and it's pure money especially in icy conditions. Now I bought a black K3 Berg and this one has even better feel for flicks, because K3's have more concave top that makes the depth of the rim shallower.

I've been unable to throw that K3 yet. How are K3's beating in? Straight flight without fade and dropping out of sky? At least my K2 hasn't lost its fade.

I have a K2 Berg which has been in and out of my bag for two years. For some reason I even sold it to my friend for awhile, but then traded it back :D

I have recently used it again for short FH approaches and it's pure money especially in icy conditions. Now I bought a black K3 Berg and this one has even better feel for flicks, because K3's have more concave top that makes the depth of the rim shallower.

I've been unable to throw that K3 yet. How are K3's beating in? Straight flight without fade and dropping out of sky? At least my K2 hasn't lost its fade.

Interesting on the k3 making the rim shallower. My tiny hands love that.

Gonna try k3 instead of k1 then.

Interesting on the k3 making the rim shallower. My tiny hands love that.

Gonna try k3 instead of k1 then.

I prefer a shallower rim as well. Wonder how the baseline K3 plastic holds up. Unfortunately I've become enamored with baseline plastic that's not priced like baseline plastic.

alright, so i have been thinking about revisiting the berg,just because it feels so great and its a nice and overstable disc. i currently throw serpents,one new and one beat as well as a jokeri for the faster,short mid os disc. i feel the berg would overlap with the new serpent,even though it has less glide and more LSS. i guess im trying to justify a purchase but not sure if its a necessity.

i remember throwing my first run berg and it was really os, didnt feel versatile thrown bh so i got rid of it. are lighter k1's or k2's more workable or is the berg just that consistent among different weights?

K2 is generally less stable and yes lighter weights make it less stable. I advise to buy k3 plastic for less stable. Its far more durable than dx and the shape of berg makes it even more durable.

K2 and k1 is the most understable when the top is flat. Bubble in the puddle makes it more stable.

K2 is generally less stable and yes lighter weights make it less stable. I advise to buy k3 plastic for less stable. Its far more durable than dx and the shape of berg makes it even more durable.

K2 and k1 is the most understable when the top is flat. Bubble in the puddle makes it more stable.

Picked up a K1 glow at 174g and went ahead and grabbed a K3 at 172g. K1 feels as magnificent as advertised, firm, grippy, with a bubble in the puddle, K3 is definitely grippy and flat.

Throwing them soon, hopefully the K3 will turn into a nice slow turnover thrower for me. Anybody putting with K3?

Decided to jump on the Berg train after loosing my money Scale. Damn, are these things rad. The feel, as mentioned earlier, is so unique and I personally love it. I now have a pretty beat K3 that is dead straight and just drops like a Berg should. I primarily use the K3 for FH due to the flat top, but all three are comfortable for both BH and FH. My K2 and K1 are both workable but def still Bergs. I guess you could say they have more glide but I think it's splitting hairs. All three plastics will hold an anny for me and just flatten out as it drops, doesn't really come back per se. I use them so much in the woods and other courses around here and if I lived where there were more wide open courses, I'd probably just throw my Wizs. But they just feel so nice, that my inner mold minimalist will have to deal.

I have a K2 Berg on the way. How will it hold up in a headwind?

It will be so steady, you'll see.

^ to PocketSand wanting to be a minimalist. I try but the Berg does one thing so well for me - short FH shots where accuracy is key. I've never used anything like it for that purpose. Good to have role players.

I have a K2 Berg on the way. How will it hold up in a headwind?

I've never had my K2 flip in the wind and it's got some substantial wear. But I'm still often surprised by it's lack of fade. It goes straight, slows down (not that it ever goes that fast even thrown downhill) and then drops. That is actually the specific hole/shot that keeps it in the bag. 250' with a 50' drop just rip it at the pin and let it drop in.

Latest posts