• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Kastaplast Berg

If you are throwing a Rhyno for upshots or short drives and ever thought to yourself, "I need a disc with less distance and less fade". The Berg is right for you. Seriously, if you have some spare cash and want a disc that is really fun to throw, grab a Berg. K3 is all I have thrown so far, but there is alot of K1 and K2 love in this thread

This is true. Beat in pro rhynos can go quite far. And my zones are too beefy for that kind of shot. Interesting. Might have to try one out! I like throwing my approaches fairly hard too while discing down.

This is true. Beat in pro rhynos can go quite far. And my zones are too beefy for that kind of shot. Interesting. Might have to try one out! I like throwing my approaches fairly hard too while discing down.

In that case I do not think you will be dissapointed. If I remember correctly Victoria can get pretty windy, you might want a K1 or K2. From what I heard they are a little more stable into the wind. I know on a full power throw into a headwind I get a tiny bit of turn out of the K3s, but the plastic is so amazing.

^Thank you! I'll take credit for his work lol...and yes I throw all three. Beautiful discs are meant to fly, not be collected!

^Thank you! I'll take credit for his work lol...and yes I throw all three. Beautiful discs are meant to fly, not be collected!

Did you get those off of 1010discs? They have some of his discs, but I'm hoping there is another website I can look at some others for sale.

Is K3 plastic still really soft? I'd love to putt with a Berg but I need a firm flight plate.

Is K3 plastic still really soft? I'd love to putt with a Berg but I need a firm flight plate.

I only have one K3 Berg purchased about 6 months ago but it's pretty firm (not the reason for me posting).

Remember the ChampyStar craze? I held a K3ey-K1 Reko today...my less experienced buddy was confused by the feel based upon his other K1s. He showed it to me (bragging cool stamp) and I explained to him [probably] what was up. Felt SO FREAKING GOOD. I don't throw Rekos but I wanted to steal it. Firm and flexible and grippy and durable and amazing...but not like K2 at all.

Yeah it is soft but K3 Bergs are kinda weird, they are puddle topped and have no dome at all. The way they mold up makes it tout like a drum and the rim is stiffer than my K1. I can flex my K1 a lot more than my K3's. You can tell the plastic is softer but the tightness of the flight plate makes it stiffer than it should be.

Only comparison I can give on the flight plate would be maybe SS gateway, there is definitely some give in it but not as much as you would think.

Anyone use them for putting or have used them?

I tried to putt with my K3 Berg last summer but found it was dropping too quickly so I was putting mainly with the Reko until I switched to something else later. At that time, my putting form was still bad and inconsistent but I improved quite a bit since then.

Still I always liked the feel of the Berg (and K3 plastic) in my hand so I decided to try it again today and I loved it. With the space I have at home, I can only practice putt up to 25' but I had good results. I just bought a couple more of K3 Bergs online and I plan to give them a go at the putting league next week and see if my results are at least as good as previous weeks and also see how it goes for longer putt.

It takes alot of snap on a spin putt to get them moving, but I was canning 45 ft putts at about a 60% success rate around November last year. Being out of practice I will be lucky to get the disc to move 30ft before dropping right now. Great thing is, if you miss the putt, you have a 5 foot comebacker.

If I can get them up to 60' without feeling like I have to put crazy effort, I think I switch back to them. The shape of the rim with the puddle top make it very easy for me to putt smoothly with a lot of spin on any angle I want, with a straight or lofty flight.

I've practiced some more and up to 25', the glide or power needed at that distance is not different. I guess before it was more about confidence and consistency, a scared or off timing spin putt just become a weak push putt.

Last edited:
I did putt them for about 2 years. I have been in and out of slumps for much longer than 2 years. The berg was great. Stayed close and was point and shoot. Eventually I decided tempo was a big problem with my putt and switching back to the wizard has made me focus more on tempo.

There is a learning curve, more so than other putters but if it feels good it is worth the time.

Picked up two newish looking K2 Bergs from a used shelf for $8 a piece. First throw with them I was extremely disappointed because threw them low like i would a zone and they just dumped out short. Started throwing them a bit higher and they were phenomenal for both forehand and backhand. So easy to range.

I liked them enough that I headed back to the shop and picked up two K3s and one K1 to compare. I was surprised how much I like the K3s for putting.

Great mold. I'm interested to see how well these work out over time.

Edit:

I was also impressed how well it worked for short flex throw in shots. I was over 50% from 50-60 feet.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I had a ~100' throw in yesterday with my K3 Berg. Laser beam right at the basket and it started dropping right before it hit chains. If I would have missed left or right I wouldn't have been more than 7' from the basket. I am really digging this mold.

I had a ~100' throw in yesterday with my K3 Berg. Laser beam right at the basket and it started dropping right before it hit chains. If I would have missed left or right I wouldn't have been more than 7' from the basket. I am really digging this mold.

It's special. Wouldn't want to play a round without mine.

At kiss the sky I was 100% conversions on my berg approaches including the one hole I was throwing it from the tee. No disc is easier to gauge distance that a dialed in Berg

Has anyone here ever had a k3 berg that flew like a k1? My first k3 had a very nice hss and lss. It had the domey flight plate too. I lost it now I've bought 3 more and im realizing I must have had a unicorn. I'm wondering if it was an earlier run.

I've handled about a dozen and they were all unlike K1s (flat, less overstable). YMMV

Latest posts