• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Kastaplast Berg

Umm honestly don't know, for me personally they're about the same? Haven't done too much field work with my stack, and love the dyed glow in my bag so haven't thrown K2s too much. Hell, I don't throw the Berg all too often so I've yet to switch to K2 for winter. Next round I'll throw in one of the other pretties I posted and get back to you!

Speaking of those pretties. Where'd you pick those up? Them things are sweet looking.

Speaking of those pretties. Where'd you pick those up? Them things are sweet looking.

Discsport is Sweden have a few nice ones left...and the Shipping from Sweden is not that bad

https://discsport.eu/art/5248

berg-dyed-2019.jpg

Those are slick looking. I'm gonna check those out. Thanks Jolt.

I've been searching for this disc for a year and was about ready to accept that it didn't exist and start emailing the manufacturers to make one.

I love this thing. K3 for me.

I play on courses with a fair bit of side hill greens and roll aways are my most hated thing in the sport. I've learned the trick is to match the disc to the angle of the hill when it lands. Finding a disc to do that has been tricky.

150 foot upshot to a side hill green. Throw something stable like a zone or harp and they come in on angle and have roll away potential. Unless you put anhyzer on it, adding another bit of complexity to the throw. Throw something less stable and it tends to be the type of disc with lots of glide. So you have to throw soft and tentative and bad things happen, wobble, missed line, not enough spin to meet your expected line. Either way you go, very touchy shot.

The Berg solves this. In K3 it is so straight, very little stall fade, just enough to be predictable. I throw it hard and it comes out of my hand fast and I think "Oh my god I just threw it 100 feet long!" but this thing is so lazy, moves through the air so slow and about the time it's getting to the basket it just gives up and drops down. It gets to the ground so fast once it runs out of steam it doesn't have time to really fade much at all.

The Berg lets me make firm confident throws without overshooting and its so straight I can match the angle of the hill with ease.

I love this thing.

The 150' to 200' upshot/drive with danger behind the basket is where the BERG really shines . . .on the lokal courses i play i have two holes with OB or a steep cliff behind the basket..perfect "BERG hole"
Every time i play with someone new on any of these holes, the next time i see them they have a BERG in their bag :)

I have a gummy K2 that is definitely more OS than my K1. A couple K3s are out for delivery today - I have a feeling this will be the blend for me

I have a gummy K2 that is definitely more OS than my K1. A couple K3s are out for delivery today - I have a feeling this will be the blend for me

It's a unique mold for sure. Without some juice it just dies regardless of plastic [stability], so do be aware K3 won't suddenly aid in range finding if that's what you're looking for. I wouldn't call it turn but K3 definitely drifts, and fades less...still goes roughly the same distance as a K1 or K2.

That sounds like exactly what I'm looking for. I like the distance (or lack thereof) of the K1 and K2, just a little more overstable than I was hoping for, especially the K2.

The K3 is less stable and beats in to a nice straight flight...but it don't have the "fun" shape of a K1/K2, the center part of a K3 is almost flat

The K3 is less stable and beats in to a nice straight flight...but it don't have the "fun" shape of a K1/K2, the center part of a K3 is almost flat

Fun? Your English is clearly awful;)

If only K1 and K2 were as flat as K3:drool:

Fun? Your English is clearly awful;)

If only K1 and K2 were as flat as K3:drool:
I have had K1 nearly as close and my prefered k2s started flatter and have puddled with time.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

K3 was just what I was looking for. I don't think it landed more than 10ft from the pole every time I threw it.

K3 will deform with tree hits and general usage but flight isn't really impacted. Mine has two curvy lumpy sections around the rim, gives it character.

I've shelved mine for past 6 months in order to break in a K2, eager to get some side by side field work in now that newness has been thrown out of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Looked like Drew made a new distance record with a BERG in his latest video. . hard to see the exakt distance, but looks like +450ft with a K3 BERG

Grabbed a k3 a few weeks back. The plastic does feel amazing! So velvety.
I was expecting less glide and a touch more stability, but I suspect that's because I've used a rhino as my main approach disc for a couple years. The rhino has a lot more fade and is more of a brick.
That said, it may find a spot in the bag yet, I'm pretty good working lines with a rhino but sometimes the extra fade is a problem, the berg is point and shoot!

Fun video from Drew, but he should have measured out each disc. . .i bet many of those throws was "a world record distance throw" for that mould.

I don´t think anyone have ever thrown a BERG that far. . he should throw that again, measure the throw and send a pic to Kastaplast

Fun video from Drew, but he should have measured out each disc. . .i bet many of those throws was "a world record distance throw" for that mould.

I don´t think anyone have ever thrown a BERG that far. . he should throw that again, measure the throw and send a pic to Kastaplast

in sweden the record is 112 m = 367 feet. we have a special competition after the kastaplast doubles event.

but yes i think drew smashed berg over 400ft which is insane.

I liked his reaction from throwing it after being like "is this a cookie jar lid?" and then just watching it rip up and flatten out perfectly, just a smidge shorter than the others.

The rhino has a lot more fade and is more of a brick.

For K3 absolutely. K1 and K2 would be more Rhyno-like for you (though still different and unique). There's a noticeable difference between their base and premium versions.

Latest posts