• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Kastaplast Berg

Anyone have a reason why I shouldn't order a K1 Berg right now? I've got a good thing going with my Pa1's but I think I might like this more for short drives and upshots. I guess this could be the closest thing to a beadless Banger GT that I could get?

Yeah, this is probably the closest to a beadless Banger GT although you might want to check out a RDG Serpent too. The groove on those is much less pronounced than on Bangers or Bergs if that's your thing though.

The Berg is just such a funky disc that I can't get rid of mine. :cool:

Anyone have a reason why I shouldn't order a K1 Berg right now? I've got a good thing going with my Pa1's but I think I might like this more for short drives and upshots. I guess this could be the closest thing to a beadless Banger GT that I could get?
no disc drops to the ground as the berg does. k1 is the most stable of the plastic types.

some local veterans has referred to it has a dx piranha.

its the slowest disc out there. i usually can push my putters to 270ft without alot of effort.

full power on my very beat up k3 berg gets me 200 ft...

K1 seems like the plastic I would like best here. Thinking of using it as a primary approach disc. Would appreciate an Innova/Discraft/Prodigy plastic comparison with K1.

For novelty i guess, I bought the recent run of glow bergs. First time throwing them. Even though i prefer beaded putters this still felt good out of the hands.

These are alot of fun to throw. Just love that sexy feel of the berg.

I could see these making the bag on super windy days. Or if I put together a bag of just mids and putters.

K1 seems like the plastic I would like best here. Thinking of using it as a primary approach disc. Would appreciate an Innova/Discraft/Prodigy plastic comparison with K1.

All the K1 Kaxe remind me a lot of old Proline Innova, the slightly CE feeling stuff.
The K1 Bergs I have are all transparent and are more like a grippy premium champ.
K2 remind me of the old gummy candy pro plastic.
K3 is its own animal.

What's the deal with the teal/seafoam/mint bergs and recos? Every time I look at the kastaplast website, I find myself drooling over that color, but never see them anywhere. Were they a limited run color? I've been meaning to try out a berg and a reko but wanted to grab one in that super awesome color. I'm starting to think I won't be able to find them though. I would carry pretty much any disc in that color.

What's the deal with the teal/seafoam/mint bergs and recos? Every time I look at the kastaplast website, I find myself drooling over that color, but never see them anywhere. Were they a limited run color? I've been meaning to try out a berg and a reko but wanted to grab one in that super awesome color. I'm starting to think I won't be able to find them though. I would carry pretty much any disc in that color.

Pretty sure it was a color they only did for the first run.

First Run Bergs have been going in the neighborhood of $75-100 recently, just for reference...
Even used ones have been catching a pretty high premium.

Yup that price is not unreasonable. Sad that the only Berg I have lost was my first run...
All the discs but the Rask (their first mold) were molded in Teal first and only first. Rask was origionally red. I have only seen red, orange and blue.

I know I'm behind the curve in finally picking one of these up. I got a K2 from Ozone Discs. What a fun, fun disc this is. It goes left, it goes straight, it goes right. It is perfectly stable. I can backhand or flick it on any line I want. I am especially impressed with this discs ability to handle the torque of a putter flick and just hold its line without a dumping fade at the end.

I play a lot of wooded technical courses where I live in Seattle and this disc is what I would describe as a scrambler's paradise. It's just so fun to throw around even when I'm just outside the house goofing around with trick shots around obstacles. The plastic feels so nice it makes me want to hold it even when I'm not throwing it.

I seriously cannot wait to start incorporating the Berg into my full time bag. For me this is a huge winner that makes getting up and down from weird places inside 180 feet a big part of the joy I find in disc golf. I'm definitely looking forward to trying a Falk soon too.

You're telling me first run bergs were real and catch $75-100?? I saw like 4 of them in a PIAS like a month ago :doh:

Berg bump.

I've got a K1 Berg on the way. Going to let it battle against my Pa1's. I love throwing putters. This is the first non-USA branded disc I've ever bought. Seen a lot of reviews comparing it to a beadless Banger got me curious. Review soon....

They're neat. Nothing really shaped like them. I wish I had gotten a K1, my K2 has a little too much flex for something I like to throw with power.

Finally got some time in with my K1 Berg (174g). Here's what I noticed:

Plastic - K1 reminds a bit of Prodigy 750 or some really stiff versions of Innova Star. Plastic is stiff, a little slick and seems very durable.

Feel - Really haven't held anything like it. Feels great to hold on a BH power grip. Even better on a FH grip. The rim is really chunky and that adds a lot of confidence before throwing. Didn't really like it with a fan grip.

Flight - The word I thought of after throwing it was sluggish. It doesn't want to go far and that's what I like about it. It has a lot of HSS but didn't want to fade out very much. The reason for that is because of the total lack of glide. Where a lot of OS putters would fade out, the Berg just sinks. Right to the ground and sits. I really liked using it for FH approaches. It can handle plenty of snap and it is really easy to put it right next to the basket because it starts to sink hard at the last third of the flight. I'd give it ratings of 1.5/1/0/2.

I thought it would be similar to my PA1's but the lack of glide and unique feel of the Berg set it apart. It's so comfortable to approach with it on a FH and that's been a big flaw in my game. Going to keep working it in as a thrower. Berg is the word.

Last edited:
Sounds like you discovered exactly why we love the berg. So confidence inspiring on approaches.

The only draw back is how often you will have a great drive or approach have everyone cheering thinking its going in, while you know all along its going to fall just short for the perfect park job.

Berg love is growing. Got another K1 in the mail along with a K3.

The K3 plastic feels great. Reminds me a lot of Prodigy 300. The flight plate of the K3 is totally flat where the K1 has a little dome in the middle. Definitely going to splurge on some more K3 to get me through the year.