• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Kastaplast Berg

I haven't thrown Bergs, but the flat K3 is more my style plastic and profile-wise. I'd probably find an excuse to pick one up if they get a RDG makeover

I'm fairly certain it hath been decreed in ancient texts that all RDG stamped Berg's be in K2 or K1 plastic, lest they be considered blasphemous.

I'm not a fan of premium putters or soft putters so I haven't tried a Berg yet. How soft is the K3 plastic? They list them as medium soft.

I'm not a fan of premium putters or soft putters so I haven't tried a Berg yet. How soft is the K3 plastic? They list them as medium soft.

They feel like the very stiff runs of innova pro. Not flexy but velvety to the touch.

You can definately bed them in two hands, but they feel very solid in a throwing grip.

Do the K1's skip much more than the K2's do? Throwing my K2 around on hard, frozen ground and I'm really enjoying the bit of skip it's been getting. I have to throw this thing to the right of the target anyway like a Zone so if the K1's skip a bit like a Zone does a K1 could be intriguing since it's almost impossible to overthrow a target with a Berg.

This thread is too slow. Here is a bump in love for the Berg. I am picking up a K1 with my GrymX soon so I will answer your skip question BrotherDave.
20160312_072946_HDR_zpscjq44ezn.jpg

I picked up a K2 Berg last week and it's definitely more of an overstable pig than I was expecting. I mean, everyone has said it all along. But when you actually hold one for the first time, you don't think there's any way it will be so overstable and glideless. Such a weird and cool disc. It's not making the bag, but I'm glad I tried it.

Do the K1's skip much more than the K2's do? Throwing my K2 around on hard, frozen ground and I'm really enjoying the bit of skip it's been getting. I have to throw this thing to the right of the target anyway like a Zone so if the K1's skip a bit like a Zone does a K1 could be intriguing since it's almost impossible to overthrow a target with a Berg.

I picked up a K2 Berg last week and it's definitely more of an overstable pig than I was expecting. I mean, everyone has said it all along. But when you actually hold one for the first time, you don't think there's any way it will be so overstable and glideless. Such a weird and cool disc. It's not making the bag, but I'm glad I tried it.

All I have is the K1, so I can't compare, but it is not skippy. I have not tried it on frozen ground. For one, it is too slow to skip. When I hit hard-pack it will 'skuttle' (is that a real word) a bit.

The K2 plastic must be very different than the K1 as the K1 Berg is pretty darn straight. It has less fade than an Envy.

Last edited:
My bag my K1 Berg mainly for downhill putts, so I don't have to worry about overshooting the basket or the infamous high speed, Goodyear tire backed, MVP roll-aways on a miss

( I am a putter *****, I am bagging six different putter molds currently)

Throw that K1 on some low steep hyzers and it will sort of skip I am sure. I don't really get much out of my k2 or k3 often. Not like a zone or harp that's for sure.

Anyone have a reason why I shouldn't order a K1 Berg right now? I've got a good thing going with my Pa1's but I think I might like this more for short drives and upshots. I guess this could be the closest thing to a beadless Banger GT that I could get?