• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] Kastaplast Grym

BirdieMachine

Michael Moore Fan Club President
New Driver Approved-

21.2 width
2.2 rim width = speed 12
1.1 rim depth
26.25 rim conf. = very sharp

Interested to see the stability on this one compared to the Rask. Hopefully it's a bit less stable. Never thrown a Rask but I do love the feel of Kastaplast plastic, so this one has promise possibly for me.

I like their plastic, would try more of it if we could get some more in the U.S.

I really like the Rask, just wish the inner wing thing didn't interfere with a FH grip.

The KaxeZ and berg are amazing, rask leaves something to be desired, let's hope this can fill the driver void and let's hope it comes in k2

On Facebook they said the preliminary numbers are 12/5/-2/2

K1 is some of the most durable, high quality plastic out there. Love it for the Kaxe and Z.
K2 is pretty great, too, but K1 is reminiscent of old Proline with even more durability.

I looove my Rask. Best cut down trees disc ever. My Kaxe is my high power line shaping fairway..... I mean mid range disc. Super excited about this.
If they keep up the good work, I expect to have a bag half MVP half Kastaplast

Last edited:
It's pronounced "grim" except with an 'y' instead of an 'i'. It means cruel or fierce, but it's often used in a positive way "grymt bra" = "very good"

Doubtful. It was like a 3week lag from when the K3 Berg went on sale overseas to when Clearwater got them in.
Gonna have to try one, though. Now just need them to create something speed 10 akin to the PD...

That's too bad, If this is anything like their ''mids'' it will compete with my aqua Cannons for distance... Video looks promising

Have about a dozen throws in with the grym now and let me say... Awesome disc, the depth is a little shallow for my liking, however it seems to help the speed, in order to get this disc to turn you have to put a lot of snap on it, as for fade, it is reliable thus far, I'd give it a destroyer/outlaw flight rating with a tick less fade, 12/5/-1/2.5 will continue to throw it and see if it stays in the bag like the KaxeZ and the Berg

If you can throw a hyzer flip you will love this disc, needs some room on a full rip but it's got some hearty fade, now if kastaplast can give us something with a normal wing like the grym and 0 turn they will be close to a full line up

I have Really liked everything that Kastaplast has put out so far, but nothing has made my daily bag. The Berg was/is close.

Latest posts