• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] Kastaplast Grym

My Grym experience is with ones made between 2017-2019, so take it with a grain of salt. I have had a lot of wraith experience (on and off since they released in what, 2006?) and threw all kasta for a few years. I have had 2 or 3 wraiths with as much glide as my less glidey Gryms. Those were my money maker gryms (flew much like a stable star katana). Most gryms were a little too touchy for me to trust for max D. Gryms are similar rim width buy lower profile, so they seem to fly a little faster than a wraith.
Now post injury and not as much snap, I may revisit them. I have no issues controlling a Cosmic Neutron Wave, and prefer K1 plastic... I would like to hear from someone who has thrown Waves and Gryms side by side, cause I think that may actually be a more direct comparison than a wraith.

Wave is probably a good comparison, but having said that, I have two Gryms that are vastly different and Waves all over the place as well. I do not think the Grym's rim width is as big as people think. I have not put my caliper to one, but there's no way it's as wide as 13s from Innova. 2.2 is what Infinite says.

Wave is probably a good comparison, but having said that, I have two Gryms that are vastly different and Waves all over the place as well. I do not think the Grym's rim width is as big as people think. I have not put my caliper to one, but there's no way it's as wide as 13s from Innova. 2.2 is what Infinite says.

Grym to me was like an Archon. Not overly fast, and it definitely has some high speed turn.

Wave is flippier than the Grym. Both are the same speed.

I was saying the grym feels faster than its rim width due to the lower profile, much like the illusion.

Gryms are way over the place in stability and from what I have heard they have only gotten worse as of lately. My flippiest was easily a -3. like some of the earlier run kings. 70% power and effortless rollers from hyzer...

Which waves are you familiar with TW? I bag them but have only thrown cosmic neutron. They fit on the middle of the pack compared to all the Grym I have thrown, but are supposed to be on the more stable side of Wave.

I was saying the grym feels faster than its rim width due to the lower profile, much like the illusion.

Gryms are way over the place in stability and from what I have heard they have only gotten worse as of lately. My flippiest was easily a -3. like some of the earlier run kings. 70% power and effortless rollers from hyzer...

Which waves are you familiar with TW? I bag them but have only thrown cosmic neutron. They fit on the middle of the pack compared to all the Grym I have thrown, but are supposed to be on the more stable side of Wave.

I don't even like the Wave, but I've dabbled with them over the years. I've thrown Neutron and Proton. Waves are just too flippy. They act like a Tern, but don't glide as well, and aren't as long.

The Grym for me wasn't exceptionally long. Like I said, it's a fairly basic understable 11 speed. Might be similar to the Grace.

I have thrown Waves in every plastic except glow. I have an outlier Neutron that is only slightly under stable for me. It's my favorite, but when I find Fission with any dome at all, I buy them.

Latest posts