• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Latitude 64°

When is the Bolt going to be released in regular production? Oh and how is the gold line putter coming? ;)

Speaking of the Bolt, is that second release purple one a color shift or just plain purple?

mshelton said:
Speaking of the Bolt, is that second release purple one a color shift or just plain purple?

http://www.discgolfreview.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5420&start=3734

Heh, I actually posted on that page too, my short - mid term memory, well it ain't what it used to be.

Thanks, probably be picking one up anyhow, been enamored with Lat64 plastic since I got my first one a while back, couple that with having a purple disc weakness...yeah gonna order one.

Not trying to promote or push any retailers but there's a dude on eBay that has his lat64 as a buy it now or best offer. I've put in offers for a buck or 2 less than what he's asking and he's accepted all my offers. I think prices are 14 for opto and 15 for gl and combines shipping. He had some of the purple bolts for 20, almost picked a few up but decided against it.

mshelton said:
Heh, I actually posted on that page too, my short - mid term memory, well it ain't what it used to be.

Thanks, probably be picking one up anyhow, been enamored with Lat64 plastic since I got my first one a while back, couple that with having a purple disc weakness...yeah gonna order one.

You will dig it. They are a bit domier and a bit more stable than the flatter first run reds

Threw my an Opto Line Flow today. These might become my new Max D disc. As I put one a personal best 456' according to google earth. I've been looking for something in between a Wraith and Destroyer in terms of stability and speed. And the Flow pretty darn close. Also I have no problem saying that Lat64's opto line glides better than champ or z.

mshelton said:
I like the Flow but it turns it's nose up at my less than refined release...
Yeah it def likes to be released cleanly with a lot of snap as opposed to my Destroyers that I powered too much to get consistent accuracy. It's fairly refreshing that the flow forces you to throw it cleanly w/ snap. A lot of the newer fast discs can just be thrown hard with lots of torque and can still manage above average results.

The Flow is great...I still have all mine, but at the moment I'm testing/using the Westside Sword. This is a must throw if you are a Flow fan as I'm pretty sure it shares mold pieces with the Flow. If not, it sure has a similar shape while seeming a little longer and faster.

discspeed said:
The Flow is great...I still have all mine, but at the moment I'm testing/using the Westside Sword. This is a must throw if you are a Flow fan as I'm pretty sure it shares mold pieces with the Flow. If not, it sure has a similar shape while seeming a little longer and faster.
I too love the Flow, been throwing it in Opto and a little on the domey side to get as much stability as possible. My buddy throws the Sword and absolutley swears by it and says the same thing. If you love the Flow, you'll flip for the Sword. Guess its time to get a Sword.

I absolutely love the Sword, especially the slightly heavier ones like 173-174. However, I found them to be nothing like the Flow. I had to back off the power to activate the Flow's glide, and it seemed just too nose sensitive. The Sword can take almost anything I can dish out as long as I keep it level and clean. The only problems I have noticed so far is when I cannot generate snap and I slip into a wrist roll. Its really low LSS will not permit it to come back when I accidentally give it a small amount of anny and send it off to the right.

My Swords took the Nukes out of my bag, but the Flow would have had a more niche spot in my bag. Then again, to be fair I am basing this all of my memories of throwing my Flows over nine months ago.

Sounds like its time to check out a Sword. Max D disc is something I'm having trouble settling on lately.

discspeed said:
I'm pretty sure it shares mold pieces with the Flow. If not, it sure has a similar shape while seeming a little longer and faster.

This ^ is like yelling "Niagara Falls" at the Finnish version of the three stooges...you better duck, sir!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yJBhzMWJCc

FWIW- This is directly copied from Westside's site:

Mold setup
Molds upper part is Westside King version 1.0, completed on 22 September 2010.
Molds lower part is Westside Sword version 1.0, completed on 12 March 2011.
Molds and their copyrights are owned by Westside Golf Discs.

Well, if the Finnish get in here and start clammering about that, maybe they can let me know when I'll be able to get a purple-shift GL Fuse and River.

mshelton said:
Well, if the Finnish get in here and start clammering about that, maybe they can let me know when I'll be able to get a purple-shift GL Fuse and River.
What, you mean the Finns? =)

No need to start clammering on about that, EL-KABONG! already wrote the necessary information. And as for Latitude's discs, you'll be wanting the Swedes for that bit.

Latest posts