• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Latitude 64°

jubuttib said:
mshelton said:
Well, if the Finnish get in here and start clammering about that, maybe they can let me know when I'll be able to get a purple-shift GL Fuse and River.
What, you mean the Finns? =)

No need to start clammering on about that, EL-KABONG! already wrote the necessary information. And as for Latitude's discs, you'll be wanting the Swedes for that bit.

Thanks for the clarification and sorry for the error, must be the lack of purple in my bag that has me mixing things up :D

Pick up a GL Flow today and I have to say I'm marginally disappointed. This thing is flat and pretty understable and turns more than I'd like even on a good hyzer flip. However it's got rediculous glide and still fades back for some effortless 420' bombs. It should compliment my domey and stable opto quite well.

himynameismatt said:
Pick up a GL Flow today and I have to say I'm marginally disappointed. This thing is flat and pretty understable and turns more than I'd like even on a good hyzer flip. However it's got rediculous glide and still fades back for some effortless 420' bombs. It should compliment my domey and stable opto quite well.

Gl and opto flows compliment each other very well IMO. My gl flow is definitely my farthest flying disc downwind, the thing goes forever!

what'shisname said:
himynameismatt said:

Gl and opto flows compliment each other very well IMO. My gl flow is definitely my farthest flying disc downwind, the thing goes forever!

My only concern is that it's so understable brand new it's not going to be long for it's purely an any turnover disc. We'll see though I haven't beat up any Lat plastic yet so idk how it flies when beat.

himynameismatt said:

Find yourself a domey GL Flow, like the kind of dome you see on the realy domey Optos! I got one and found its not as understable as the flat GL Flow I originally got. And it seems to have amazing glide. My domey GL Flow is now my max D disc for when I have a wide open fairway. I wish I had my measuring wheel with me yesterday when I was playing on vacation. If I can believe the tee signs, then I probably got right near my longest throw ever with my GL Flow yesterday. And the weird thing was it wasn't even the best line I could have put it on for max D. It just glided a ton and got out there.

Ive seen these flat opto flows and theyre super flat. I turned a few friends onto throwing flows but they picked up these flatties and they definitely do fly understable,more so than goldlines. Ive had my seasoned opto thats been beatin and flies less stable than new but I might try to find one of these super flats for some even more understable usage

Definitely true about the domes. I've got a domey GL in the bag that I love and a couple backups like it. I also have a Flat GL and god damn is it flippy. I've never carried it for a round, just played around with it in the field. Too understable for my needs.

Even though my Flow is pretty flat it does have a good amount of glide still which was the redeeming factor for me. I'm probably going to pick a couple more of each for testing before I make a decision. I truly feel that my Opto's are one of the best flying premium plastic discs out there the glide is simply incredible.

Tomas and Svante are gone man... They've pulled out. We're just yelling in the wind here now. The single reason I loved this disc golf manufacturer, that they talked to their customers and I don't just mean the pro's, appears to have gone away. Perhaps the honeymoon is over.

Jeronimo said:
Tomas and Svante are gone man... They've pulled out. We're just yelling in the wind here now. The single reason I loved this disc golf manufacturer, that they talked to their customers and I don't just mean the pro's, appears to have gone away. Perhaps the honeymoon is over.

Dammit Jeronimo, you asked for opto Pures one too many times. :lol:

Doesn't it get cold over there soon? Maybe then they will be back.

discspeed said:
Jeronimo said:

Dammit Jeronimo, you asked for opto Pures one too many times. :lol:

You read my thoughts exactly Mike. I'm worried I scared them off.

Oh, and...

Don't say cold man, that's a dirty word this time of year.

discspeed said:
It's always too cold here for the likes of you. But yeah, it'll get noticeably colder in a month or two. Nothing severe before October at least though.

And while looking at the stats I noticed we've had 61.4 degrees Celsius (142.52 degrees Fahrenheit) heat variation this year (this specific city, not the whole country), from -30.3 C to +31.1 C. Looks nice in the graphs.

They just got back from L64 dg vacation at the Worlds in Santa Cruz area....and they were busting hump to get all the new stuff out before they rolled so: have patience

So I left my super flat GL Flow in the car today, it was a hot day about 85 which is hot for us. Anyways the f*cking thing clovered on me like just as bad as any super soft putter. Lost a lil more stability and lost most of it's glide. I'm having to release it with like 70° of hyzer to get it to pop flat. Otherwise it tracks left (lhbh) and turnsover. Went very far and straight with a good tailwind behind me. But I'm still pretty upset.

himynameismatt said:
So I left my super flat GL Flow in the car today, it was a hot day about 85 which is hot for us. Anyways the f*cking thing clovered on me like just as bad as any super soft putter. Lost a lil more stability and lost most of it's glide. I'm having to release it with like 70° of hyzer to get it to pop flat. Otherwise it tracks left (lhbh) and turnsover. Went very far and straight with a good tailwind behind me. But I'm still pretty upset.

You can easily remedy this...Hopefully someone will link one of the threads that deal with this. Plastic has great memory and can almost always get back to where it belongs. It involves filling the dome with hot water and letting it cool slowly.

what'shisname said:
himynameismatt said:

Have you thrown Z Nukes on slight annies or Westside Discs King? They are pretty long downwind.

Jeronimo said:
EL-KABONG! said:
have patience
dude...

Did Atwater-Taylor take over the helm for them or what?

I think that they were busting a ton of all nighters to get their own and westside's orders filled so they could roll out here