• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Latitude 64°

This tow-oown's becomin' like a ghost town

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqZ8428GSrI

awesome song EK! haven't heard it in a while. well since you would like some discourse, convince me to buy a Fuse a Pure and some GL drivers. this thing is getting a bit long to be useful without following it consistently.

keltik said:
awesome song EK! haven't heard it in a while. well since you would like some discourse, convince me to buy a Fuse a Pure and some GL drivers. this thing is getting a bit long to be useful without following it consistently.
That is indeed an awesome song/band.

I'll pimp the Fuse. Imagine a midrange that feels like a Buzzz but doesn't suck at holding an anny line; has remarkable, Comet-esque glide despite its sleek profile and turns into a point and shoot master as easy as you can power down on it. You want a soft, gentle hyzer? A Fuse can do that. Straight? Easy peezy (a beat Fuse may need to be hyzer flipped to straight) but the anny/turn over category is where it really shines. They love to glide out flat on an anny line, they just lock onto it and keep turning. It's really easy to dial in the late flight turn. I love holes ~250-300' where I need to go straight and then go right for the last third of the flight. Take a beat Fuse and rip it flat and it does the work for you.

They kicked a Comet and a QMS out of my bag. The Comet due to the Fuse being just as good but without a bead and the Qms b/c it's just so much easier for understable shots.

Not very wind friendly but what good understable mid is? Comets are more precise, line carving mids but the Fuse does an admirable job considering its modern profile.

mshelton said:
As DST draws close...WTB Glow Fuse...that is all.

It's been almost a year since...

Latitude 64 said:
I´m also quite impressed over Jeronimos knowledge and collection of our discs :)
But I have a disc he doesn´t have!! An Opto Core in "Glow in the dark" :D

Still born project? I'd love to have an after hours bag of glow River/Pain/Fuse/Pure.

BrotherDave said:
keltik said:
That is indeed an awesome song/band.

I'll pimp the Fuse. Imagine a midrange that feels like a Buzzz but doesn't suck at holding an anny line; has remarkable, Comet-esque glide despite its sleek profile and turns into a point and shoot master as easy as you can power down on it. You want a soft, gentle hyzer? A Fuse can do that. Straight? Easy peezy (a beat Fuse may need to be hyzer flipped to straight) but the anny/turn over category is where it really shines. They love to glide out flat on an anny line, they just lock onto it and keep turning. It's really easy to dial in the late flight turn. I love holes ~250-300' where I need to go straight and then go right for the last third of the flight. Take a beat Fuse and rip it flat and it does the work for you.

They kicked a Comet and a QMS out of my bag. The Comet due to the Fuse being just as good but without a bead and the Qms b/c it's just so much easier for understable shots.

Not very wind friendly but what good understable mid is? Comets are more precise, line carving mids but the Fuse does an admirable job considering its modern profile.

i also love the fuse for straight throws that turn over late. not many other discs can do this, and it's definitely very useful when you need it.

good answer BroD and dehaas. but what plastic? Opto or GL? or does it matter?

also no more love for the Pure? what about the Spike?

how about the GL drivers? All the Lat plastic I have is Opto and some are the freak OS ones and some have weird domes (shows how long it's been since I've bought Lat64). is GL better? What molds are really worth it? Striker still good? or does the River do more? Are their big D drivers worth a look? what about the Pain? How about current run Cores? worth another look?

keltik said:
also no more love for the Pure?

whoa, Whoa, WHOA NOW. No one said anything about there being no more love for the Pure. It's still the best damn disc on the market THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

#RAGE
#GIVEMEOPTOPURENOW
#lolz

Jeronimo said:
#RAGE
#GIVEMEOPTOPURENOW
#lolz
Damn I wish we could tag these threads. Would make it so much easier finding threads about specific discs... Too bad # isn't included in the search term.

keltik said:

how about the GL drivers? All the Lat plastic I have is Opto and some are the freak OS ones and some have weird domes (shows how long it's been since I've bought Lat64). is GL better? What molds are really worth it? Striker still good? or does the River do more? Are their big D drivers worth a look? what about the Pain? How about current run Cores? worth another look?
I've liked them in both Opto and GL. The GL seems a little more speed stable and cuts through the wind a little better. I don't have much experience with GL drivers. I have one pearly white GL Halo that throws pretty much like a seasoned Destroyer.

I really like the Pain so far, the Opto (green) flies like a DX Rancho and a the GL (Pink) flies like a KC Pro. Really nice to have that kind of flight in premium plastic. I haven't experienced these mysteriously straight Blue Pains b/c I don't throw that color.

keltik said:

i originally had an orangish opto fuse and didn't care for it. if i threw it too hard it would turn and burn, and it i didn't throw it hard enough it would hyzer out. i just couldn't figure out how to throw it. i read somewhere that people were saying they liked the flight of the gold lines better so i gave one a shot and i love it. i'm throwing a yellow gl and it is flatter than the opto that i had. i've got 2 gold or carmel colored ones that are a tick less stable than the yellow in my bag.

i prefer gold line plastic to opto. gold line seems to not be as overstable in most molds, and opto is so durable that it takes a while to beat in. so something that's a bit less stable out of the box appeals to me. plus a lot of opto looks like it would be extremely difficult to find. i throw rivers and strikers, both in the 160s. the rivers i've been hoarding are a cobalt blue, and the strikers are orange. if you like the leopard, give the river a shot and if you like the teebird then give the striker a shot.

i've been focusing this summer on cleaning up my form, so i haven't thrown a ton of high speed stuff. i like the flow the bit i've thrown it and just from reading online it looks like there is some variation in it. to me the gold line flows i've thrown right around 170 are just like a longer and faster river. i've thrown the bolt and havoc a bit but not enough to know them inside and out. you might want to look at the king and sword from westside, the sword has gotten a lot of high praise lately.

hmmmm....Way ta go, Specials

The thread has a pulse and is semi-lucid again.

As for Kap'n Keltik:
I vaccilate back and forth between GL and Opto....but Opto usually has the edge.
I can't make any specific rec's bcuz I have no idea how and what you throw now.

I like throwing the hyzer flip. I have a 6 power rating according to Joe's Flight Chart.

well right now I'm throwing mostly Discraft. Avengers (regular & SS), XS (depending on the course), Buzzz (mostly Z not feeling them anymore), Comets (but not doing what I want), Hornet (mainly FH and really liking it), Polecat (it does magic), Zone (FH and trick shots), ION (they're okay), xXx (it does what it does)

Drivers: The courses nearby are fairly short so I don't throw a lot of drivers. I liked the flat striker I have but it's crystal clear and I'm scared to lose it. I guess I'd try the GL Striker and maybe the River. I'm also curious about the faster stuff like the Flow and Halo etc.

Mids: well after playing all these putter length courses around here I've forgotten how to throw the buzzz. I also lost my favorite seasoned Z and everything else I've bought since then just doesn't do it for me. I have a couple of Cores (one normal opto and one sparkle) but I never really gave them a chance because I was so heavily invested in the Buzzz and I don't want to lose that sparkle. I do like how they fly. I'm just not sure what variations are out there. The sparkle I have looks like the "ideal" shape but like I said I don't want to lose it so I don't throw it.

I'm looking for a very shapeable mid, but also something reliable. Will the Core do this? I'm very intrigued by the Fuse since my Comets are not performing like I remember.

Putters: I like the ION but I'm not in love with it. I dropped the Wizard for the ION but I think they both have the same problem which is a super deep rim (~18mm). my putting sucks no matter what I use because I just don't practice. but I do drive a lot with my putter and I think that has hurt my driving with other discs. I'm interested in the Pure because it sounds like something I can throw on a myriad of lines. The ION is not as useful as I was hoping.

Pure and Spike sound interesting.

sorry for the long post.

If you are a speed 6, steer clear of flow and especially halo for a while- they will only thrash the good work you are doing with comet and buzzz

Vision, Fuse, River (165 ish GL) should be in your wheelhouse

EL-KABONG! said:
If you are a speed 6, steer clear of flow and especially halo for a while- they will only thrash the good work you are doing with comet and buzzz

Vision, Fuse, River (165 ish GL) should be in your wheelhouse

No no, he's a "Power Rating 6" not a "Speed 6". If I recall correctly that's a 400'+ thrower so Flow and Halo will work just fine for him.

Ah, Thanks for pointing that out j-ro
My bat.
No wonder his comet is going haywire...hard for most Power 6 fellers I play with to power down and still have a consistent "finesse" pull.

I LOVE both of my fuses. I have a max weight opto and gold. The gold is just about the straightest disc I have ever thrown. The opto is what surprised me though. For the most part gl seems a tad more stable but this specific disc is the most overstable fuse I have ever thrown. It has a little turn late in flight like expected from a fuse but then it has an unexpectedly high fade. It is still very straight but having a little flex back at the end is useful and it complements my gl very well

Jeronimo said:
keltik said:
also no more love for the Pure?

whoa, Whoa, WHOA NOW. No one said anything about there being no more love for the Pure. It's still the best damn disc on the market THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

#RAGE
#GIVEMEOPTOPURENOW
#lolz

When I first switched to the Pure putter, I liked the feel and flat top of the Zero Line. After purchasing a couple of Grip Line Pure putters for practice in the back yard, I have converted to them. I've never thrown a putter as predictable as the Grip Line Pure. As with any putter, these preferences are very personal. The Grip Line plastic doesn't slip or grip lock for me. They're great for driving too. (No need to bag a Ridge). Now I need to find a home for my Zero Lines.