• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Latitude 64°

eegor said:
When I first switched to the Pure putter, I liked the feel and flat top of the Zero Line. After purchasing a couple of Grip Line Pure putters for practice in the back yard, I have converted to them. I've never thrown a putter as predictable as the Grip Line Pure. As with any putter, these preferences are very personal. The Grip Line plastic doesn't slip or grip lock for me. They're great for driving too. (No need to bag a Ridge). Now I need to find a home for my Zero Lines.

There's one disc that has been in my bag far longer than any other and it's a Grip Pure. Over the past near two years it's been used to the point where the stamp is completely gone and the surface is dull with a multitude of tiny scratches and dings. I know some folks have had durability issues with Grip plastic and others felt that Grip didn't grip enough for them but neither has been an issue for me. Backhand, forehand, roller; about the only thing I don't use it for is a primary putter. It was my primary putter for a while but my impression was that I was seeing a higher percentage of slip throughs and super ball doinks off the center pole with the Grip Pures than with the Zero Pures so I switched.

I have been on a Lat64 kick as of late so I thought I would try out the Core. So far the results have been pretty positive. The Core has been pretty easy to work on a multitude of lines. It's been easier for me to get the Core to hold those lines than the Buzzz. It's also been easier to toss for distance than the Buzzz is for me. The Core bridges the gap between my drivers (River and Striker) making for less of a hole in my bag distance wise. I know I am late to the party on this one but I really like the disc. I have a Fuse and for me it's a work in progress do to my form issues. With the Fuse out did most people drop the Core. Or is there a spot for both in most people's bags.

mattw said:
I have been on a Lat64 kick as of late so I thought I would try out the Core. So far the results have been pretty positive. The Core has been pretty easy to work on a multitude of lines. It's been easier for me to get the Core to hold those lines than the Buzzz. It's also been easier to toss for distance than the Buzzz is for me. The Core bridges the gap between my drivers (River and Striker) making for less of a hole in my bag distance wise. I know I am late to the party on this one but I really like the disc. I have a Fuse and for me it's a work in progress do to my form issues. With the Fuse out did most people drop the Core. Or is there a spot for both in most people's bags.

I think there technically would be a spot in the bag based on how you are describing the Core since it sounds pretty neutral for you. The Fuse is about as predictable in blue, gold, orange, and red shift goldline as an understable disc can be.

The way I got used to the Fuse (didn't take long) is I threw it with the same mentality I would handling a low 160's gl River, only ranged as a mid.

I like the Fuse and want it to work after reading the discussion thread on the disc. Just not comfortable with it yet. I realize that the issues are all on me so I am working on my release to clean things up. I started playing some Fuse only rounds this weekend it worked alot better after that but I still would have some shots turn and burn on me when I was trying to hit some gaps.

i didn't care for the fuse at first, but that's because i was trying to throw it like a buzzz. i could lay into a buzzz and have it cruise on a rope and you definitely can't do that with a fuse and keep it straight. focus on throwing it smooth and not necessarily hard and you will start to figure it out.

I hit a seriously screwy anhyzer forehand ace today with my river. My first time throwing it on this line. I saw another guy try it so I had to do it better.

Dan Mc said:
Looks like stocks stamp opto and gl bolts are coming soon. Pdga mag has an ad for them

Pics?
Tomas mentioned that they were running yellow colored GL's last week.

Does Lat even make light weight Rivers anymore? I am just about to force myself to give up on them as I have been looking for almost a year now for backups to my 162 orange one. Its my absolute go to disc but from what I have read the heavier ones behave more like teebirds than leopards. Maybe some pro leopards in my future? I just havent seen any sub 168 ones with the rare occasion 165 white one. With their colors changing their flight so much, I want to stick to either orange or blue which I have heard are nice.

weedjj said:
Does Lat even make light weight Rivers anymore? I am just about to force myself to give up on them as I have been looking for almost a year now for backups to my 162 orange one. Its my absolute go to disc but from what I have read the heavier ones behave more like teebirds than leopards. Maybe some pro leopards in my future? I just havent seen any sub 168 ones with the rare occasion 165 white one. With their colors changing their flight so much, I want to stick to either orange or blue which I have heard are nice.

They are tough to find.
Try DTW, they had a bunch of yellow and blue GLs around 164-167 a short while ago

I had hello? moments, when in a little wind head- and rear winds i got my 173 GL silver River on a high line drive to over 400'. It needs height handles winds only a little better than Leopards fading very close to those. Just marginally more. In some cases the difference doesn't need accounting for just point and shoot. This is the straightest long disc i've thrown. The trouble with it is wind performance combined with great glide. If it misses the intended angle it's missing wide off the target. Distance control is problematic, because it's Leopard long on low throws and grows legs thrown higher. Power requirement is higher than with a Leopard and the difference in fade and flight path changes way more in 5 % increments than with the Leo. That is problematic in the woods and throwing up- or downhill. And needs perhaps a style change depending on the rest of the bag and the situation. Which may be a pro or a con. All in all it is a fairly impressive driver with many possible uses and less trouble in winds than other slower super straight discs. Add in a new Beast for more distance and wind neutrality and you're golden. Beast go far on lower lines and fade little, but more. Enough to differentiate them.

I think a River PD combo should work well for versatility and tackling different wind conditions.

403' headwind and 420' in a mild rear wind. I had a good day and had somewhat rested muscles. Had i not thrown a Star 172 Sidewinder of more consistent kind than the old shits, i would have made my longest straight drive ever. Sidewinder in the better form that it is in now is less wind tolerant and equally little fading, but faster thus longer thanks to also having a good glide. Both topped at 420' but the Sidewinder fade later and less by a hair.

turso said:
How do the opto bolts fly? My GL one is flippy as hell, but controllable.

The proto optos they made for Worlds are WAY more HSS than the gls.

But the production ones may be closer to the GL :(

Just wanted to chime in with some Fuse love. I added a flattish 181g GL Fuse to my bag about 3 weeks ago as a possible replacement for my last beat DX Roc that I broke recently. I liked what i saw during my first few rounds, so I added a domier 178g Opto Fuse last week. Since that time, those 2 discs have been getting more air time than the majority of the other 13 discs in the bag.

So far here's what I love about it: 1) its the first premium plastic understable midrange I've tried that i feel responded well to touch when brand new. 2) it closely mimics a beat DX Rancho Roc flight, but has more glide (which equals more distance), filling the small gap between mids and fairway drivers. 3) it can cover more ground left-to-right on a RHBH turnover near the end of a flight than my Rocs ever could.

The shallower rim took 5-6 rounds to get used to, and I feel like I still can't go with a full snap on these yet without turning them over too far, but their potential for distance and slow, gentle turn has kept them in the bag (and in the air) longer than i honestly imagined.

If I were to be looking for a more stable Pure for sidearm purposes would a Sinus be in that area? Or are they made similar at all. Or is a Discraft Ringer probably my best bet?

Crosseyed0811 said:
If I were to be looking for a more stable Pure for sidearm purposes would a Sinus be in that area?
Sinus is a very overstable putter, more like a Rhyno with a higher power requirement (according to Joe's).

jubuttib said:
Crosseyed0811 said:
If I were to be looking for a more stable Pure for sidearm purposes would a Sinus be in that area?
Sinus is a very overstable putter, more like a Rhyno with a higher power requirement (according to Joe's).

I knew it was more stable, but is it still low profile similar to the Pure?

Crosseyed0811 said:
I knew it was more stable, but is it still low profile similar to the Pure?
Judging by the specs the rim depth is the same but the Sinus is taller. And it definitely felt bulkier the last time I handled one.