• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Latitude 64°

jubuttib said:
Crosseyed0811 said:
I knew it was more stable, but is it still low profile similar to the Pure?
Judging by the specs the rim depth is the same but the Sinus is taller. And it definitely felt bulkier the last time I handled one.

Ok, I've not found one nearby to cop a feel. The pure feels great in my forehand grip, but it doesn't take much to turn it over and it never return... I've always struggled with FH with typically deep rimmed putters (Aviar like)

I think the jokeri and the pure feel pretty similar. I switch between a pure and a jokeri all the time. The jokeri is a fabulous forehand putter.

Oh yeah, thanks for reminding me! Don't know how I forgot. JOKERi is indeed one of the best FH putters out there, very resistant to turning over without having a meathook fade. As an added bonus, as they beat in they lose LSS and not HSS, so they just get straighter. Even the Basic will be stable enough for FH purposes, and feels very similar to Lat's Zero plastic.

jubuttib said:
Oh yeah, thanks for reminding me! Don't know how I forgot. JOKERi...

I was wondering about this when I read it last night but was too tired to ask. JOKERi is the disc that started me forehanding shots other than the omg get outta the shig type. Sinus is kinda sorta but shorter and with a harder fade unless beat.

JR - somewhere you made a comment about the effect of tuning your King to make it more stable, but I can't find it. How are you tuning it? Hands close together bending hard toward the flightplate? Putting it on the edge of a flat surface and bending the rim up? How severe are you bending it?

I am seriously peeved that the Diamond only comes in Red and Blue transparent.
Just lost a brand new Red one that veered into the brush. These discs are IMPOSSIBLE to find when they go off the fairway into the woods. Can't you guys come up with something more visible and eye catching? If not, I will have to give up on these Opto discs. I am slightly visually impaired and just had my afternoon ruined losing a new disc I was just growing to like.

Help us Lat 64, you're our only hope!

Spinthrift said:
JR - somewhere you made a comment about the effect of tuning your King to make it more stable, but I can't find it. How are you tuning it? Hands close together bending hard toward the flightplate? Putting it on the edge of a flat surface and bending the rim up? How severe are you bending it?

That way and GL bends insanely much! 70 degree bend and 10 15 max for VIP. You also benefit from a domey one. Or possibly you could stretch the dome up with hot water treatment.

eg37167 said:
...Diamond only comes in Red and Blue transparent.

33cvtrn.jpg

'Sunlit Pale Leaves' color but if your problem is with tone, it might help. I know the red hides remarkably well in dark, leafy areas.

Booter said:
Dye those greenys with some chartreuse dye. . .
The Spike-It Dip-N-Glow brand works great. Get unscented unless you want your disc to smell like garlic or crawfish. I put it on with a small brush and even it out with a cotton ball with acetone on it.

or send it to me and for a small fee i can use rit neon yellow :) no scent to worry about

flow was that dull ass yellow
blitz was clear
king was light light green like that diamond above
kenny was white glow
IMG_0798-1.jpg

keltik said:
did you just submerse those discs in warm dye and let them sit? what's the trick boot?

That's the way to do it. You do have to be careful with the amount of dye in the mixture though or the result might be interesting, and the time needed is dependant on the heat and mixture concentration.

turso said:
keltik said:
did you just submerse those discs in warm dye and let them sit? what's the trick boot?
That's the way to do it. You do have to be careful with the amount of dye in the mixture though or the result might be interesting, and the time needed is dependant on the heat and mixture concentration.
And the dye in question. My orange RIT takes a lot longer to do anything than the denim blue, wine red or black.