• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Latitude 64°

At least last year i think Lat had no full time employees and they did Lat stuff on their time off from their regular day jobs. Very respectable if you ask me. They are doing volunteer work not a get rich scheme. Mind you i think they don't work without compensation. Hope so.

discspeed said:
You can easily remedy this...Hopefully someone will link one of the threads that deal with this. Plastic has great memory and can almost always get back to where it belongs. It involves filling the dome with hot water and letting it cool slowly.

Maybe I've been doing it incorrectly, but I've ended up with two puddle-top discs because of this method, and others that just won't dome up.

JR said:
At least last year i think Lat had no full time employees and they did Lat stuff on their time off from their regular day jobs. Very respectable if you ask me. They are doing volunteer work not a get rich scheme. Mind you i think they don't work without compensation. Hope so.

If this is the case then they are doing pretty well in my book. They do have some cosmetic issues, consistency issues and have had some anomalies like the pop top Cores but over all they are progressing nicely and have released some really nice discs, tops being the Fuse, River and Diamond (I know a lot of you have turned your nose up at it but if that disc could end up in beginners hands as apposed to the latest speed 19 driver...). Every disc manufacture goes through the consistency issues also even MVP who seem to have the tightest tolerances for their product. I'll keep buying what they have to offer and try it out, I'm no pro but I do spend money and let others try what I have (pretty sure I'm responsible for 3 Fuse and 1 River purchases by others so far). Anyhow, kudos to them and hopefully they'll keep up the good work.

Only gripe I have is that most of what is available out there is not so great of color choices for frequenters of the off fairway throwers such as myself, less leaf colored discs (gold, yellow, orange, bronze and red) and a few more bright discs.

Did an email interview/Ten questions with Tomas. Alot of issues from here were covered.

http://discgolfer.ning.com/group/latitude64launchers/forum/topics/interview-with-tomas-ekstr-m

Facebunk version

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_205410532812817

L64L: Can you share any news on any future products/discs/bags etc...???
TE -Next up on the disc agenda is a new putter and more fairway drivers.

Pretty nice to see as apposed to another warp speed driver.

same as flattening any disc. either a 200* oven or poured hot water into a disc on a flat surface.

JR said:
what'shisname said:
himynameismatt said:
Pick up a GL Flow today and I have to say I'm marginally disappointed. This thing is flat and pretty understable and turns more than I'd like even on a good hyzer flip. However it's got rediculous glide and still fades back for some effortless 420' bombs. It should compliment my domey and stable opto quite well.

Gl and opto flows compliment each other very well IMO. My gl flow is definitely my farthest flying disc downwind, the thing goes forever!

Have you thrown Z Nukes on slight annies or Westside Discs King? They are pretty long downwind.

I've only thrown nukes a couple times, didn't like the grip on them. Never thrown a king though.

Spike said:
Peot said:
They really need something like a BB/Challenger/Wizard to round out their lineup
I think so too.

I swear to God I will gut you both if you put them on a different trail from the optopure. :p

but really... :evil:

Jeronimo said:
Spike said:
Peot said:
They really need something like a BB/Challenger/Wizard to round out their lineup
I think so too.

I swear to God I will gut you both if you put them on a different trail from the optopure. :p

but really... :evil:
I doubt they are that easily put on other trails :). I want that Opto Pure too! (...but wouldn't say no to a Gold Pure either)

I have two Halos in my bag right now. One wasn't getting thrown much because it flipped into the wind a little. I decided to make it flip a lot and get rid of the Havoc that I used to like, but has been frustrating lately. Spent twenty minutes throwing the Halo into a jagged stone wall, like 400' drive throwing. Opto plastic never ceases to amaze me. I'll get some pics. Made a few drives today and wish I could measure the drive. Had to be a personal record.