• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Looking for a new putter

krallbd

Par Member
Hey everybody!(dr. nick voice)
I am looking for a new putter to buy. I currently have three, none of which are in my good graces right now. I have a hard magnet that doesn't fly how i want it to, a dx rhyno that flies too low, and a rubber putter that gets caught up by any wind.

Any suggestions?

If you don't like the magnet, the other two putters that seem to work for tons of people are the aviar and the wizard. Have you tried softer plastic for your putter? Something like an SS wizard, a JK pro aviar or a soft magnet seem to stick to the chains better for me.

I always recommend the Gateway putters...the Wizard, Warlock, and Magic are all great...and I hear good things about the Voodoo. I recently got my first Aviar, and honestly it's a bit too big for my hands. I know that my hands are are a little smaller than average, so the Aviar is a pretty tough disc for me to handle so far. I carry a 175 Glow Magic and a 175 Super Stupid Soft Warlock in my bags for all rounds....

I would recommend a Soft Magnet or a Titanic. I used to use hard Magnets, but when I found the Titanic , I never looked back. The Titanic is the Magnet in ESP plastic, and I have found it to be very controllable. It also has very good glide. Check it out

Also, the Soft Magnets have amazing glide. My brother and two friends throw Soft Mags and they do really well with them.

Depends on if you like the feel of deep or shallow putters? I love my Soft Banger GT because its not as deep as an Aviar, and not too shallow like an XD. The Banger GT and Wizard are basically the same disc but the Banger has a groove top which makes the grip more consistent and slightly shallower. Both of them do pretty good in the wind and have a little more glide than a Rhyno.

Warlocks FTW. I can't stand aviars either, my miniscule hands can't handle those deep rims comfortably either.

You might have the same problem my brother does based on what you said about the putters you use. You might want to play a couple of rounds with a midrange disc as your putter. My brother was have trouble with the discs turning (mostly left or floating up) with his putter. I took them away and told him to use his spider since it is a little bit faster. I gave him his putters back after the round. He is still putting with his spider and he beat me today. Granted I did try to tommy through the woods on the second to last hole for fun, but he dueced the last hole and I bogeyed and that's how you lose by a stroke. But his putting is tremendously better. That may be your problem.

If not get a Latitude Sinus SP and try that. If you hate it, I will trade you for it. Promise.

Get a 174-175 Titanic and try that. If you don't like it, I will buy it from you. That way, you got nothing to loose.

Get a 174-175 Titanic and try that. If you don't like it, I will buy it from you. That way, you got nothing to loose.

Now i just need to get out to a pro shop that sells one, have a few in mind, but it gives me the excuse to buy a few extra as well

I just picked up a Voodoo SSS.. it feels great in my hand.. super straight. I'm not a big Aviar fan either.

So far in my limited experience I've tried:

DX Aviar
SS Warlock
S Wizard
SS X Putt'r
Banger GT (ESP, soft D, and firm D)
Challenger (Z and X)
Soft Magnet (pro D)

By far my favorite putter now is the ESP Banger GT. From longer distances I like the Crystal Z challenger, though. Never liked the Aviar. The Warlock I only use if I need a shallow hyzer around an obstacle, it just has too much fade for me to rely on for regular putting - not straight at all. The SS X Putt'r is super straight but doesn't go far and falls like a brick, it's wayy too floppy for my tastes. I met a guy who uses a firmer Putt'r though and he swears by it (also he made every putt in the one game we played together, some from pretty far away). The soft magnet is OK but nothing special to me, and doesn't compare to the Banger GT.

if your looking for a great putter, just for putts and NOT driving, this is my personal fave
puttr-x_3.jpg

if your looking for one to drive, i am too :) lemme know when you find one

if your looking for a great putter, just for putts and NOT driving, this is my personal fave

I have the same disc in blue if anybody wants to trade for something. I'm looking for either a heavy Roc, a 170+ Z Avenger SS, a heavy ESP Buzz, or else just let me know what you have for trade and I'll see if I'm interested in anything.

i have champion aviar and it is a great float and line drive putter, granted i have large hands, but im curious to try this wizard i keep hearing about

Latest posts