• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Looking for a TeeBird that isn't a TeeBird

You're welcome, see I am a former wizard user who loves that plastic variation....in putters it's good, in drivers it is a pain because of the plh. Current teebirds are consistent. Legacy's drivers are not, at least pinnacle seems to have a crapton of variation.

Are you saying they changed the mold, or just that different runs came out different?

Are you saying they changed the mold, or just that different runs came out different?

There is a ton of variation in general. You cannot judge by run with pinnacle. It's why you see legacy guys hunting certain colors and weights, etc. But the new red cannons might not fly like the old red cannons, etc. Silly. Icon seems to be the most consistent. The only trends I have seen with my two eyes are The OS flat, snot yellow pinnacle rivals and that as you get down to 167-171 the plastic is gummier for better grip. If I have to name a rival as my teebird sub, it would be either an icon for a champ teebird type flight or a lighter gummy pinnacle for more neutral and season it in. The flat gummy patriots are nice too. Icon has that out of the box flip.

So yeah. I've got retailers all over here so I can hand pick and didn't mind...but if you are ordering online, you would be doing yourself a favor to call and ask about dome/shoulder/slickness etc if you get pinnacle.

It's complicated.