• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

lostDoughnut Progression

i did try and keep the top of the pressure cooker on (keep chest over toes).

image below shows me not doing that. i felt a couple of times doing it (keeping my chest over my toes) correctly, i can go with that feeling and add on to it next time
spine upright.jpg

those throws felt good. they didn't feel like 'heavy momentum'. i didnt get any heavy momentum throws today. very good consistency which im happy for. (left arm still bad)

todays notes: having a more narrow stance really helped me feel more in control of my swing.
narrow stance.jpg
when i had a wider stance my legs felt more effort/power, but im not sure that equated to more distance
wider stance.jpg

i did try a few times to keep my left arm by my side. video below is during middle of practice and keeping my stance narrow. which to my surprise didnt really hinder me. i felt i was able to get more coiled up, but now that i can get more coiled up i simply need more practice as im feeling new things.

i rushed and threw 5 discs to see where my form would break down. annnnd its the left arm of course

to do:
1. keep top on pressure cooker (keep chest over toes)
2. left arm
3. im not a fan of how high i bring my hand during backswing (dunno if thats actually an issue)

i feel i do the bad example that he shows near the beginning of the video. i dont believe i do it all the time but im sure i have. sometimes my right toe points towards the target but during my backswing my right foot picks up and it turns away from the target. when my toe points away from the target that makes my knee point away from the target too so its making that movement harder (im assuming)

example of my plant foot doing all sorts of bad stuff. lol (video is an older one but i wanted to note the behavior)

Last edited:
i think i understand. in the above video my stance is very wide. because of that my legs cant get coiled up so my right foot picks up because of the tension. having a more narrow stance solves that issue.

i did try a few times to keep my left arm by my side. video below is during middle of practice and keeping my stance narrow. which to my surprise didnt really hinder me. i felt i was able to get more coiled up, but now that i can get more coiled up i simply need more practice as im feeling new things.
^ Nice, this one is by far the best yet! :thmbup:

1. Keep your eyes on your disc/thumb. You are always looking way ahead of it back and forth. Pay attention to how you swing or fling your thumb/disc to target!

2. Hard to tell in vid, but I'm not sure your wrist/disc ever really flexes/lags from the lower arm accelerating outward from power pocket. Looks like your wrist is extending early and grip ends up more toward the front of the longer, instead of keeping the grip on the outside edge longer with more sudden late spring of the wrist at the very end.

Your last vid is private.

^ Nice, this one is by far the best yet! :thmbup:

1. Keep your eyes on your disc/thumb. You are always looking way ahead of it back and forth. Pay attention to how you swing or fling your thumb/disc to target!

2. Hard to tell in vid, but I'm not sure your wrist/disc ever really flexes/lags from the lower arm accelerating outward from power pocket. Looks like your wrist is extending early and grip ends up more toward the front of the longer, instead of keeping the grip on the outside edge longer with more sudden late spring of the wrist at the very end.

Your last vid is private.

ty!!

1. that def is odd :confused:

2. i have been so focused on my legs that the power pocket could have some issues cropping up

3. ive been watching a ton of golf videos i forgot to update that last one. its public

:doh:

i dunno why. but i always hear dont do reverse pivot in golf videos and i thought i knew what it ment

reverse-pivot.png

i feel this is me too (my knee is moving too much during the backswing). my backswing form might be breaking down. (regarding my right knee)

slowing down keeps being a hard thing to remember. yesterday during practice i was able to slow down and keep my backswing/downswing the same speed and yup. that helped a ton!!! :thmbup: its something i cant do all of the time because i think about other things i need to work on and my body slowly starts to speed up. (ill be sure to keep that in my notes that i look at before i start practice so im mindful of it)

one thing ive not really thought about is the tilted spiral as i go from pre address to the backswing. starting at the pre address my spine is upright but then going into the backswing i need to tilt.

video below starts with me showing how im trying to keep my chest over my toes (keep pressure cooker lid on). practice throws start at 30seconds

todo:
1.left arm
2. keep eyes on disc
3.wrist action during power pocket
4.keep same speed from backswing/downswing. dont speed things up drastically

Attachments

• back.jpg
    back.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 1
Got to keep your head more centered inside your feet.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-03-09 at 2.25.32 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2022-03-09 at 2.25.32 PM.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 73
i felt my left leg had been getting too loose which i believe was causing my head to not be centered. i noticed when i kept a stiffer left leg my head stayed more center and i felt i was doing a deeper butt wipe drill. the affect of this was i toppled over my front leg a few times. not a big deal just something to take note. my body will self correct with practice

i believe i started to feel the 'heavy momentum'. i have a hard time committing to keeping my chest over my toes (keeping lid on the pressure cooker). to me it feels so unnatural (funny to say that when ive gotten this far, haha). when i keep my chest over my toes i guess im keeping tension in my body and when my right leg does extension it pushes up my right side of my body making me feel that heavy momentum (just thinking).i feel almost like im going to fall over onto my toes. i also catch myself trying to throw my disc to flat vs on an arc.

video below my head gets a bit too far. gettin there

video below, rotated on toe

todo:
1. left arm
2. keep eyes on disc
3.wrist action during power pocket
4.keep same speed from backswing/downswing. dont speed things up drastically (get better consistency)
5.better balance (stop getting too much weight over front foot causing rotation on front foot and not heel)

Last edited:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-03-13 at 1.39.18 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2022-03-13 at 1.39.18 AM.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 122
You either need to move your rear foot back deeper/eastward out of the way like reverse elephant walk
wider stannce.jpg

image above is what my focus was on. rear back foot deeper/eastward. the effortless distance started to come back! (still room to improve)

catching myself doing it (left leg not as far east as i would like) wrong

video below show what i think is getting better

my right knee felt alot better too, no soreness . i think my left leg could go a slight farther east. it was odd getting used to such a drastic change.

Swing back inside your front foot/ankle and then keep it wide or straight back behind your shoulder/arm. Your backswing is going back around you way too much.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-03-14 at 3.20.28 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2022-03-14 at 3.20.28 PM.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 49
when when swinging through my foot (going from the pre address to backswing) and making sure at the peak of the backswing my arm is out and away from my body i feel like my hand/disc makes this path if looking from the top down view. this is just an observation and if ok, something to get used to
dddsdd.jpg

during todays practice i thought to incorporate:
1. battering ram
2. keeping arm out and away from body at peak backswing
3. swinging inside my front foot with my disc going into backswing

having my foot farther east. i feel during the downswing my front leg takes alot more effort to press down. im getting tired sooner. haha

side view slow motion

rear view normal speed

i think im learning a new type of balance as my rear (left foot) toe drag didnt happen all the time