• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

lostDoughnut Progression

lately ive been feeling like my right hip is getting past my right leg during standstills (from what ive seen in others i bet im doing the same thing).

notes from today

"how do i extend my right knee before i get on top of it?"

"maybe my right knee extension is happening too late"

during hole 9 something finally clicked where i was throwing downhill and it made me extend my right knee a bit sooner than what im used to. my throw felt alot smoother and the disc went further.

"my right leg extension was occurring late. it feels like my knee extensions needs to occur more when im stil looking away from the basket and close to when i start my downswing"

im ecstatic i found that feeling and will hone in on it

Looking at the last video, your rear foot goes too far back when you start the backswing, so you kind of over shift/sway. Need to stick the foot into the ground earlier and resist smoother so your rear foot doesn't spin out.

Looking at the last video, your rear foot goes too far back when you start the backswing, so you kind of over shift/sway. Need to stick the foot into the ground earlier and resist smoother so your rear foot doesn't spin out.

i need a tattoo on my forearm that says 'slow down' . :D

i feel these videos are where im getting stuck/or feel like im having issues. as im searching for leverage in my left leg

https://youtu.be/ggLTM9bfD54?t=232

https://youtu.be/FWasFdvnGio?t=89

possibly that fall/squat motion (shown below)
https://youtu.be/dMaDUeKK63A?t=35

is perhaps what i did on hole 9 by accident during my round as it was on decline hillside.

notes from practice
"today i was wondering what my upper spine should be from backswing to downswing. during downswing should me spine tilt back

i felt like i was going over the top of my right hip.

i felt like my left foot was not inline with my plant foot causing some issues

i didnt feel very strong with my plant foot during plant leg knee extension

should my front toe sway? when i look away from target so does my foot?
i feel like im squatting too much at peak downswing position that my right hip is getting too over my right foot
"

felt too many times where i felt unbalanced and my weight was too far over my toes.

two images below
Capture.jpg

should my spine be this tilted back(i might have overexaggerated it)
Capture1.jpg

image below was taken from a video at the end of practice i was tired and my form was getting worse. i feel my left foot was too far behind me (too far to right of teebox)
Capture4.jpg

i think im getting myself confused on when my feet should be more inline (shown as 'a' below) vs staggered(shown as b below). red arrow points to direction we want to throw the disc

43e.PNG

im guessing for the reverse elephant walk standstill throw we want to be more like B?

Looks like your rear foot is turned too targetward, need to flare/turn it back out.

If you feel like you are too staggered east west, then your stance is too wide north south.

i feel if i am too forward address my left foot starts to rotate towards the basket. i feel the best forward address position for myself is when my left foots toe is barely on the ground but just enough to keep the foot from rotating towards the basket. it could be more simply that i need more practice to get the muscle memory down
forward addess.jpg

my right foot tends to rotate away from the target when getting closer to peak backswing (i dont know if thats of any concern). i was wearing my flat shoes with no grip and the ground was wet. my knee does feel better when the right foot does rotate away from the target vs if i try to keep my right foots toe parted towards the target during the backswing. i could have foot position issues
right leg.jpg

i thought about 'bouncing more' . i thought maybe somehow that would help with some type of leverage. i notice my knees dont get straight from this so i dunno if the bouncing this much is inefficient. video below is an exaggeration of the movement

i need to work on my door frame drill as i am tipping over my front toes alot

todays practice i was trying to find the best position of my feet and what felt the best. havnt found it yet. im glad that im aware of why i am tipping over (or i believe i know).

video below shows a lack of door frame drill (there could be other issues). it could also be a combo of my arm still getting so high during the backswing. as my right arm raises up going from backswing to downswing my spine its tilted because of that (possibly). im also needing to slow down as my right foot comes off the ground

Last edited:
**continued from last post, ran out of time to edit**

at the end of practice i thought. well lets tilt back ALOT and see what happens. im trying to find the sweet spot for myself. tilting the spine too far back away from target and the results are i cant extend my plant leg my left leg feels wonky. at least i didnt tip over my front foot. :D

the sun was coming down and i had to have an off angle at myself otherwise the sun was in the video.

im trying to find the right place for my spine, best place for my feet. eventually ill work on my left arm

Need to tilt back with head still inside posture/rear foot - let the swing go back past.

Swing both shoulders forward over front knee into finish.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-02-20 at 12.25.18 AM copy.jpg
    Screen Shot 2022-02-20 at 12.25.18 AM copy.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 53
notes:

need to extend the plant leg earlier (or i believe thats a part of what im trying to achieve). to me it feels so unnatural to extend my plant leg as early as i think it needs to. it almost feels like at peak reachout position i need to push into the ground with my plant leg. i need to practice the elephant walk more. today at hole 11 (or somewhere around there) i felt my body sync up and the results were the discs flying alot further. i did it twice and lost the feeling. the brace felt very solid/smooth it was kinda tiring to do as my plant leg was holding back so much momentum.

i kinda feel i need to get lower during the downswing so my plant leg can get better leverage to hold my body back

i always wondered how people take video where it plays normal speed then it slows down after a few seconds within the same video. i got a new phone and found out it has new features. the slow mo is controlled within the video editor on the phone.

i went out today with a friend to have some fun. these throws were done before i saw the previous critiques

1. i believe i need a better door frame
2. my plant foot is notorious for moving during the downswing
3. i shift to the left of the teepad
4. i spin on my toe on the 2nd video, :gross:

Looks like you are trying to pull the door frame with your spine/head extension, instead of the hips/weight pulling the door frame and the door frame pulling the spine back into flexion/relaxed.

Your rear arm is also out of control and not helping.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-02-21 at 1.14.41 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2022-02-21 at 1.14.41 PM.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 53
^ 8min 40s - chest compression like pressure cooker, you are lifting your lid up off.

notes:

need to extend the plant leg earlier (or i believe thats a part of what im trying to achieve). to me it feels so unnatural to extend my plant leg as early as i think it needs to. it almost feels like at peak reachout position i need to push into the ground with my plant leg. i need to practice the elephant walk more.

notes1:
this is really starting to make sense with my issues. "start shifting from the top" i feel like im way off on my weight/shifting.

https://youtu.be/um5cS9u_Y0w?t=203

notes2:
kinda feel like i do this at times. "put hinges on the calves"

https://youtu.be/um5cS9u_Y0w?t=320

im staying mindful of what i perceive/feel to make sure im not leading myself down the wrong path

it almost feels like at peak reachout position i need to push into the ground with my plant leg.

i like how my thoughts from that day kinda line up with what shawn is describing.

"for a fraction of a second the weight will leave the left and go into the right" as he talks about weight/shift
https://youtu.be/2DMwiBkvrkg?t=236

i feel like im trying to do more work than what my body is already doing. i feel like i am manually adding more flexion in my right knee which is messing everything up

crazy how this is lining up with where i am at. now i just need it to stop raining so i can practice all of this :thmbup:. def will keep the pressure cooker and left arm in mind. i have been putting off the left arm for way to long

i have done alot of drills in my apt during the time in that its been raining. im honing in on 'loading up' on the right leg (plant leg) and being able to consistently get a feeling. im really figuring out what works for my body in regards to feet position/weight distribution spine tilt. im trying to find that sweet spot (the one that i felt during my round last weekend)

regarding the weight in the left leg. i finally have a feeling for the weight and how it moves during the backswing. when i swing back im now aware of the weight in my left leg and how my left leg 'plants' into the ground. if my left leg doesnt brace then i would topple backwards away from the target. (being aware of that weight during a full swing took alot of time to get too for myself)

in regards to the 'pressure cooker' coming off from the sean clemments video (i think the basic idea is to keep my chest over my toes). i believe im still having that issue. today i really wanted to focus on the feeling in my legs. (which im sure goes hand in hand with keeping my chest over my toes. it was the feelin in the legs is what was on my mind mostly during practice.)

todays notes:
-keep chest over toes
-rach back more (and possibly get that angle the upper arm makes to chest be better).
-mayb the backswing is too slow and im getting stuck on rear foor? my thoughts are getting stuck on the left foot is that i start my downswing before weight is on the plant leg.
-sometimes im getting my right hip too far over my plant foot causing me to fall over my brace. just need more practice being able to consistently keep angles in my body the same