• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Matrix

Yeah, Matrix and Theory are really nice complements, very similar hand-feel. I'm currently bagging a beefy P Vector, P Matrix, P Axis and P Theory and the Vector and Axis are the odd men out on a lot of holes. I only throw the Vector over the Matrix if I want to flex it and the Axis over the Theory if I need some more intricate line shaping or a little more distance.

Are you throwing the production run matrix, or the ones released for the circuit? My circuit one to me seems more overstable than the one I got from the infinite VIP club. Not by a lot though.

they are the LE stamps just released on Friday which I had a few left from the order that didn't sell so figured I would toss. Looks and throws pretty much just like the circuit one I had IMO but lost it in some long grass being a clearish blue so cant compare directly. All of the LE's I received are flat.

The one I got at the Circuit started losing some HSS after 4-5 rounds with lots of throws. Fwiw. Nothing crazy, just a tick.

Once that happened it sort of failed to knock the Axis out, for me personally, like it lost the difference it had.

I still like it for FH approaches that are outside my Envy FH comfort range. They FH so naturally for me, and it's reliably OS at that range.

Saw a couple more videos of the Matrix. Now I'm seeing the fade. Even turned over a little, it still hooks up at the end.

...waiting on neutron.

After 50+ holes with just the matrix and theory in the bag vs a vector i can say 100% the matrix is not as OS. I have a 178g/177g/168g and none of them have the LSS of my slightly domed vectors. My super domey vectors are way more OS vs these and it is not even close. I feel like this is a slightly OS buzz flight but not beefy as advertised IMO if MVP is claiming this to be more OS vs a vector. Specially into a headwind I've noticed a touch of turn or maybe it is the great glide of this disc. Good mid for go-to spot but not for OS wouldn't be shocked if it was even retooled.

After 50+ holes with just the matrix and theory in the bag vs a vector i can say 100% the matrix is not as OS. I have a 178g/177g/168g and none of them have the LSS of my slightly domed vectors. My super domey vectors are way more OS vs these and it is not even close. I feel like this is a slightly OS buzz flight but not beefy as advertised IMO if MVP is claiming this to be more OS vs a vector. Specially into a headwind I've noticed a touch of turn or maybe it is the great glide of this disc. Good mid for go-to spot but not for OS wouldn't be shocked if it was even retooled.
That's what I seem to be reading.

Disappointing that discs are given a rating and promoted as being OS and then they come out as straight or less OS than their other discs.

For a company with three mids it's weird how closely all three seem to fly.

I agree. MVP really needs to retool this mold IMO and make it actually OS. The tensor at max wt is more LSS just doesnt fly as well.

How is the HSS compared to the Vector? Is it almost like a midrange version of eagle/teebird or...?

It is very HSS without much LSS. Midrange teebird is very close IMO. As it is pretty much a longer envy which is a putter-tbird lol.

Ive been looking for a description on this disc that fits and you really might be on to it with the midrange teebird. It is stalker-esq for those dc fans.

Last edited:
I hope these actually do fly like a longer Envy for me. I just got a couple of them in and they feel amazing in the hand.

I hope these actually do fly like a longer Envy for me. I just got a couple of them in and they feel amazing in the hand.

I dont think you will be disappointed. What weights? I dont notice a huge difference within 10 grams even.

You guys that are throwing the production run(s), I'm wondering if any of them start to lose any HSS eventually? Curious how these will season.

You guys that are throwing the production run(s), I'm wondering if any of them start to lose any HSS eventually? Curious how these will season.

my proton that I hit a few streets with playing some urban style parking lot DG has more turn but still fades. it was 0 hss when new now -1

This mid flicks better than any other mid I've tried.

I'll try to finish editing my field work video sometime tonight. Jury is still out on whether or not my Vectors or Axis are in danger, but if nothing else the Matrix excels over those two for FH drives and approaches.

They feel a touch faster and longer than the Vector / Axis class. Slightly smaller diameter too.

They definitely pair well with Theories when it comes to rim feel.

my domey vectors are more OS though that is my only issue. if this mold was just sliiiiiiiightly more OS it could be a true winner as advertised. I really would not be surprised at all if it wasn't retooled for a little extra beef.

Faster maybe (smaller diameter?) but longer could be debatable. we both know how far axis/vector can fly lol.

its like the ion/vector are the old school now envy/matrix. just 4 too legit ass molds. big bead style vs low profile killers.