• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Mcbeth star destroyers

Has he won anything of note since 09 worlds?

A co-ed event in 2014, a bunch of European events in 2013, 2 B-tiers in 2012, Asia Open B-Tier in 2011, an A-tier in Georgia in 2010...

But he has a lot of top ten finishes in big events in those years. And 55 total career wins. Not too shabby, but when stacked against Paul McBeth...

People on Facebook are saying the McBeth Destroyers are more Destrulcan-esque. Doesn't make sense to me, but anyone heard anything about this? I don't know the type of Destroyer that McBeth prefers.

There is only one pic, and its of the top of the disc. Anyone calling a destrulcan off that pic is full of it

I don't know the type of Destroyer that McBeth prefers.

I don't either, but I would imagine he's getting whatever he's asking for within bounds of the PDGA's certification of the mold.

Looking forward to the McBeth Star Destroyers coming out...

A co-ed event in 2014, a bunch of European events in 2013, 2 B-tiers in 2012, Asia Open B-Tier in 2011, an A-tier in Georgia in 2010...

But he has a lot of top ten finishes in big events in those years. And 55 total career wins. Not too shabby, but when stacked against Paul McBeth...

Yes the highest rated event he won from 2010-2015 was a a/b tier in Georgia according to his pdga profile. Had a good 09 season. Seen a similar downturn from eMac, both of those guys are post 35 nowadays.

Did I ever tell you about the time Avery and I went horseback riding, but there weren't any horses around? Anyway, Avery throws a saddle on my back and rides me around Wyoming for three days. Well, wouldn't ya know it, my stamina increased with each day, and I develop tremendous leg muscles. So anyway, Avery decides to enter me into the Breeders Cup under the name Turkish Delight. And I'm running in second place, and I'm running, and I break my ankle. So anyway, they're about to shoot me. Then someone from the crowd yells out, God bless him, Don't shoot him, he's a human.

There is much about this place I don't understand. But I'm addicted to throwing frisbees. :shrug:

Now that I think about it, maybe everything's cool between the 3 parties-- there could have been a 3-way conference call where they talked it all out and aj gave his complete approval..

Did I ever tell you about the time Avery and I went horseback riding, but there weren't any horses around? Anyway, Avery throws a saddle on my back and rides me around Wyoming for three days. Well, wouldn't ya know it, my stamina increased with each day, and I develop tremendous leg muscles. So anyway, Avery decides to enter me into the Breeders Cup under the name Turkish Delight. And I'm running in second place, and I'm running, and I break my ankle. So anyway, they're about to shoot me. Then someone from the crowd yells out, God bless him, Don't shoot him, he's a human.

Probably one of the best and most relevant replies I have ever read.

How can anyone actually think this wasn't an amicable decision between all parties.

Does this for certain end AJ Destroyers?

Can they not coexist

Whatever, I'm just happy to own a sweet AJ Destroyer. Bought it when I knew nothing which is about what I know now.

Paul deserves the mold he probably has sold more destroyers for innova then Avery in the last few years. Good for him

The business side of this is what I'm really curious about, couldn't care less whose name is on the disc. I just don't think there's ever been a situation where someone got their name taken off a signature disc without changing sponsorships.

Wondering if Avery is moving completely over to Discmania as an employee, or if this was a concession made and AJ will get the Star Teebird or something... very intrigued to how the decision was made.

Oh man, stock up! This is like when Climo won #12 and Dave Dunipace confirmed on the PDGA message boards that NOTHING was changing about the KC Pro Roc. In fact, they were stamping existing blank 11X inventory with the new 12X stamp. But the value of 11X's doubled over the next year anyways.

I've met him several times. He's tall, with broad shoulders..and the bane of powerlifters everywhere: LONG ARMS. Ever try pushing up 225 pounds with a 15 foot wingspan? A helluva lot tougher than doing it with my T Rex arms.

You know who's huge? Yeti. I don't know how much older than Avery he is, but I assure you Yeti could mop the floor with him in the gym or in a strongman competition. And probably in disc golf, frankly
For someone who talks SO much about lifting/bodybuilding you don't seem to know what you are talking about...

I'm sure Avery was informed this was coming long ago and a contingency was put in place. People make Innova out to be some heartless corporation at times. For Innova and Paul this is home run financially. Hell, they could even afford to pay Avery the money he is losing out on with the hype of McBeths name being added. I think all parties will be quite satisfied and no hard feelings will be felt from the Jenkins clan.

Much like other sports, pro models will come and go. I am sure Avery is rewarded nicely with a buyout and will compensated as he continues to promote.

The business side of this is what I'm really curious about, couldn't care less whose name is on the disc. I just don't think there's ever been a situation where someone got their name taken off a signature disc without changing sponsorships.

JK Valks, anyone?

So with Avery's name off of the Destroyer, which stamps are more valuable? I'm still not sure if the "two-line" or "three-line" style is more coveted. I believe I have one of each but perhaps time will tell...