• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Mcbeth star destroyers

I know you guys are trying to be funny, but Avery is tall, not muscular. He certainly doesn't use any type of AAS. He's hardly the biggest disc golfer. Look at this forum's own (or used to be these forums own) Mike C. Dude's bigger than me. Or how about Alexsky Bubis? That guy's a MANIMAL. Avery didn't "bench press his way" out of this because he looks like he could bench about 225. But let me tell you: big muscles make it very hard to disc golf.

:cool: I see you using proper terminology over there. Way to actually know what you're talking about sir. :clap: lol

So are these going to be made from the gummy star plastic, the firm stuff or the middle of the road regular.

Seriously, I cant keep track of their plastic inconsistencies anymore.

Bought a AJ Star Destroyer, gumstar, flippy piece of doo doo. Bought a DX TeeBird, flipped and crashed right on que.

Picked up a good old DX Destroyer one day later....perfect. So when is Innova going to warn us buyers about subtle and drastic changes in their plastic which makes a huge difference in flight.

Yes, I have an AJ Star Destroyer for sale now, it's unique as hell......$90,... obo:\

Oh Oh, wait, it's a McBeast Destroyer so they are going to do it right:wall:

Did I ever tell you about the time Avery and I went horseback riding, but there weren't any horses around? Anyway, Avery throws a saddle on my back and rides me around Wyoming for three days. Well, wouldn't ya know it, my stamina increased with each day, and I develop tremendous leg muscles. So anyway, Avery decides to enter me into the Breeders Cup under the name Turkish Delight. And I'm running in second place, and I'm running, and I break my ankle. So anyway, they're about to shoot me. Then someone from the crowd yells out, God bless him, Don't shoot him, he's a human.

Bill Braskey!!!!

I seriously doubt they'll take KC's name off any more discs any time soon. I mean just this year he won the Memorial and the Pro World Championships and took 2nd in the Glass Blown Open in Master's division. In open division he also won an A tier, had top 5 finishes in 3 B tiers, and finished 8th in the Hall of Fame Classic! His rating and win record is better than Avery's, and he's like 20 years older. More importantly, his name has serious cache with loads of disc golfers. I still say the Star Teebird makes lots of sense as a sig disc for Paul, even if he throws both champ and star.

I also think that the guy who really deserves another sig disc is Barry Schultz. He may be quiet and unassuming, but that guy wins tournaments. He won all 3 master's division tournaments he played this year, and in open division he had 13 1st place finishes in B/C tier tournaments and took 6th place in the Hall of Fame Classic. I really hope he wins the USDGC this year; he was super close to winning last year.

I said this on another thread that my question is how AJ's sister, Valarie Jenkins Doss, is going to react. Her husband Nate Doss is with Discraft, might she tell Innova to sit and spin and go Discraft, too?

I'm waiting for these two to both jump ship for lat 64.. But they're both a bit past their prime, so lat may be better off focusing on development of young talent..

I'm waiting for these two to both jump ship for lat 64.. But they're both a bit past their prime, so lat may be better off focusing on development of young talent..

You talking about Nate and Val?

They are still very relevant and finish ranked in the top more often than not. ANY company out there would be happy to have them onboard. (Hence the Innova, Discraft, GripEQ sponsors)

:confused: Both players are elite and completely relevant.

Yeah, they're great, but in their prime they were regularly taking down worlds and nt events. It's a struggle now; not their fault but speaks more to all the increasingly young talent pushing the game to higher levels each season.

Yeah, they're great, but in their prime they were regularly taking down worlds and nt events. It's a struggle now; not their fault but speaks more to all the increasingly young talent pushing the game to higher levels each season.

Nate and Val have both been ranked as the number 2 golfer in the world in their respective divisions within the last year. Calling that "past their prime" is a pretty major reach. They're just not McBeth and Pierce, respectively

I seriously doubt there is bad blood amoung the involved parties.

avery has one worlds under his belt with a nice career backing it.

mcbeth just won his fourth consecutive worlds with a steller career backing it/highest rated player ever/etc.

it just makes sense that paul be rewarded with a signature disc that he's stated he desired multiple times.

Nate and Val have both been ranked as the number 2 golfer in the world in their respective divisions within the last year. Calling that "past their prime" is a pretty major reach. They're just not McBeth and Pierce, respectively

^ Agreed! mcbeth , pierce and lizotte are freaks. they are on another level from anyone else playing maybe ever in our sport. if they were not around the landscape of professional disc golf would be very different. nate and val are still very relevant and at the top. with macbeth we are witnessing a level of dominance similar to jordan, he may be once in a lifetime player and i personally enjoy watching the dominance.

Without knowing the details, its hard to say if Avery came out a winner or loser in this. Either way, it's clear that Innova wants to keep its superstar very happy.

The only thing that would entice Avery to "hate" on McBeth- disc golf wise would be if Paul were to switch to Prodigy. Ha ha....but seriously Avery does not like Prodigy...cue the memorial footage..