• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] McBeth's next signature disc speculation.

what should mcbeth's next signature disc be?

• Nova

Votes: 88 29.7%
  • Star Teebird

Votes: 19 6.4%
  • Mako3

Votes: 7 2.4%
  • Champion Groove

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Champion Gator

Votes: 13 4.4%
  • Firebird3

Votes: 11 3.7%
  • McPro Aviar (regular production)

Votes: 24 8.1%
  • Star Destroyer

Votes: 78 26.4%
  • Beast

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Champ Firebird

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • Champ Teebird

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • PD

Votes: 6 2.0%
  • Colt

Votes: 7 2.4%
  • Xcaliber

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Champion Metalflake Polecat

Votes: 26 8.8%

• Total voters
Isn't Discmania in Europe as Innova's European company? As such, would it not be more likely we'll see a Lizotte disc from them than a McBeth disc?
Simon has 2 signature Discmania discs (the FD is fantastic), and AJ and McBeth each have one.

My bad about the earlier Krait suggestion. Goes to show how little I know about that disc that McBeth already signed it!

Isn't Discmania in Europe as Innova's European company? As such, would it not be more likely we'll see a Lizotte disc from them than a McBeth disc?

Jussi runs/owns Discmania. Lizotte has an C-Line FD and Paul has a S-Line P2 as sig discs.

Simon has 2 signature Discmania discs (the FD is fantastic), and AJ and McBeth each have one.

My bad about the earlier Krait suggestion. Goes to show how little I know about that disc that McBeth already signed it!

You're right... I'd also forgotten about the McBeth Krait...

I'm interested to see the response from the gyromaniacs if the next McBeth signature disc is an overmold.

If the P2 counts in this logic, if he gets the Nova then he'll have 3 sig putters. That would be cool, since I'm a putter fiend myself, but with 2 sig drivers, 3 sig putters and only 1 sig mid, if I were Innova I would push for the Gator.

But in the end it's still the player's decision. So in that regard my money would be on the Nova, if he chose to have another sig discs (and why wouldn't you?)

I'm interested to see the response from the gyromaniacs if the next McBeth signature disc is an overmold.

Lol why? It'll be the same response as always. Pure, unadulterated butthurt.

If the P2 counts in this logic, if he gets the Nova then he'll have 3 sig putters. That would be cool, since I'm a putter fiend myself, but with 2 sig drivers, 3 sig putters and only 1 sig mid, if I were Innova I would push for the Gator.

But in the end it's still the player's decision. So in that regard my money would be on the Nova, if he chose to have another sig discs (and why wouldn't you?)

Good points. I think I saw on one of McBeth's WITB videos that he said he only uses the Gator to get out of trouble spots, that it's not a "regular" disc for him. And doesn't Sexton or someone already have a glow Gator deal?

Sexton may have a Firebird deal, but not on all plastics, so I'll withhold my surprise if a 4x McBeth Firebird comes out.

Side note: someone mentioned the "gyro" lovers and the Nova... IMHO the Nova (and Atlas) were experiments by Mr. Dunipace & Co., not so much to be "gyro" vs. MVP/Axiom, but to see what happened when he did it. The Nova turned out to be a good product, and I won't be surprised if we get 4x McBeth Novas (and the flight plate in McPro plastic with the XT overmold would be so cool somebody might wet their pants), but I don't think it's going to create an Innova/MVP issue.

Side note: someone mentioned the "gyro" lovers and the Nova... IMHO the Nova (and Atlas) were experiments by Mr. Dunipace & Co., not so much to be "gyro" vs. MVP/Axiom, but to see what happened when he did it. The Nova turned out to be a good product, and I won't be surprised if we get 4x McBeth Novas (and the flight plate in McPro plastic with the XT overmold would be so cool somebody might wet their pants), but I don't think it's going to create an Innova/MVP issue.

Yeah, Dunipace had said that the purpose behind the atlas and nova were grip and not gyro. It's still an overmold though, and there has been endless debate on how much difference it makes and would a touring sponsored pro throw them exclusively blah blah blah. Just a good excuse for the trolls to do their thing and the fanboys to react accordingly. Makes for good entertainment.

He took the Roc3 and made it a top seller, why not see if he can't do the same for the TB3?

Star TB, Nova and Star FB would get votes for me too.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but I'm assuming that you don't have intimate knowledge of any contracts between McBeth & Innova and are only speculating about the details in them. So allow me to make a few speculations too: Innova does NOT have to do whatever is in McBeth's contract. Contracts are broken ALL the time. I'm not saying that they WILL do this or that it would be a SMART thing to do. But if they wanted to, Innova could break any contract they had with anyone, anytime. Of course they would probably be sued for breach (happens all the time) and then the lawyers would negotiate a settlement (also happens all the time.)

As for McBeth, he's definitely the most valuable pro a disc company could have endorsing their discs. For now. But the fact remains that Innova was #1 by a wide margin way before McBeth came on the scene. And they'll probably be #1 after he moves on. Considering how big their business is, and until I can read his contract, I will speculate that the money & energy Innova spends keeping McBeth and any other pro happy is a relative drop in their bucket of costs.

You are just confusing. Was your original point that the money Innova spends to keep pros happy just a "drop in their bucket of costs"? Because you didn't say that before and I didn't really get that from your post that I was replying to at all.

You seem to be implying that Innova doesn't really need to give McBeth a signature disc because Innova will always be the #1 disc company no matter if they have world champions showing off their plastic or not, and even if they breached their contract and McBeth went to another company that wouldn't matter to them. That is completely ignoring how Innova got to their position as the #1 disc golf company. It is true that all of us are just speculating about McBeth's contract or Innova's financials. However, it is clear that Innova cares and has always cared a lot about sponsoring top pros. If they didn't, then they wouldn't have sponsored Climo or Val Jenkins or Des Reading, etc., etc. Personally, I think Innova knows their own business and they know what sells discs. If sponsoring the top players in the world didn't sell discs, I think they wouldn't have kept doing it for all these decades. But I mean, what does Innova know? If armchair quarterbacks like us tell them they don't need to give McBeth rewards to keep him on their team, then I'm sure they should just drop him. After all he's only the top player in the world "for now" like you said. I'm sure your advice will maximize their profits because you know so much more about this business than Innova does. [/s]

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Prodigy want Paul, but Innova countered with a better offer? I think their investment is yielding some nice returns.