• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] McPro Roc3's

I think Paul stopped posting after he got into a couple of flame wars back to back around here. One was SW22 saying he had a better forehand then him and the other one was AFTC saying he would have won the 2014 USDGC if he didn't throw thunderbirds.

In other words, DGCR ruins everything
No way, is this true? You had the biggest name in DG posting here and you schmucks ran him off?

No way, is this true? You had the biggest name in DG posting here and you schmucks ran him off?

I may not have the story 100% right but it was something like that. He was never a super active poster, it was actually quite fun because he would just randomly drop in and post something, usually to throw shade on someone talking junk about him.

I may not have the story 100% right but it was something like that. He was never a super active poster, it was actually quite fun because he would just randomly drop in and post something, usually to throw shade on someone talking junk about him.
Still pretty cool.

The MCBeth champion Roc3's are frigging awesome, Mark my words in 4 or 5 years people will be selling them big money on this site! Champ Thunderbirds as well. Innova is killing it right now with the plastic they have out. What is crazy is that everyone on here is hating on Gstar plastic, it is the closest thing in years to the Opaque Pearly gummy teebirds that are selling for $100+ now. Yes it doesn't look the same, but it feels and throws the same.

Yeah I saw the SW22 posts. It was kind of funny to read the back and forth. But it would still be cool if he randomly dropped in to say "I actually throw only McPro Roc3's they just have different stamps on them as a trick" kinda like the McPro Aviar stamped destroyer he has. That would be a cool disc to have. But to get back on topic, it would be nice to have someone confirm that, yes, McPro Roc3's are still going to be released.

Yeah I saw the SW22 posts. It was kind of funny to read the back and forth. But it would still be cool if he randomly dropped in to say "I actually throw only McPro Roc3's they just have different stamps on them as a trick" kinda like the McPro Aviar stamped destroyer he has. That would be a cool disc to have. But to get back on topic, it would be nice to have someone confirm that, yes, McPro Roc3's are still going to be released.
I asked the proshop awhile back, gave me the typical copy-paste about being sure to check if/when they become available.

So, let me get this straight, some of you are going by reddit or facebook to justify wild claims of 7 McPro Roc3's in his bag? What's next, 11 Destroyers...but only for certain tournaments?

Instead of hearsay being tossed around and expanded upon, try this...pull up his ITB video while at the 2015 Aussie Open. He's on site, about to start the tournament, and showing you exactly what's in his bag. Or check out any of his other 2015 ITB videos.

Will he change things up for specific tournaments, or mid-tournament? Sure, but it's not going to be something laughable like adding another 5 McPro Roc3's. :rolleyes:

It's a bigger stretch to go from "McPro" to assume Aviars in a thread about Roc3s. And as for where the McPro's are suddenly coming from, just as Pbmercil says he's had them at least since 2015 World's (although we all know he's started using them since at least 2014). He has them because they get beat in quicker than his champion ones, and thus they can fly at slightly different lines (which of course, he is capable of consistently hitting). And he would have many back ups at World's in 2015 due to all those water hazards.

I think you referred to his "latest ITB", but that one was Feb 2015 when he last had 4 champ and 2 McPro (I mean of course, Roc3s here, and not Aviars). The actual "latest ITB" was actually in August (https://www.reddit.com/r/discgolf/comments/3qlb3q/paul_mcbeth_2015_usdgc_in_the_bag/?) at USDGC where he has at least 4 McPros in his bag.
Pbmercil was referring to World's (https://www.reddit.com/r/discgolf/comments/3gh7f7/mcbeths_worlds_itb/) around June/July 2015 where he mentioned he has 9 McPros (again, Roc3s, not Aviars here).

I understand this. I'm disputing him carrying 7 in his bag, vs the 2 he shows in his ITB videos. Why on earth would he need 7? Think about it...before you answer.

Not IN HIS BAG! He's cycling them, and says so.

Last edited:
Instead of hearsay being tossed around and expanded upon, try this...pull up his ITB video while at the 2015 Aussie Open. He's on site, about to start the tournament, and showing you exactly what's in his bag. Or check out any of his other 2015 ITB videos.

Or ya know, you could just get the word from the man himself.

https://youtu.be/SXniyhK4Gmg interview starts at about 25:00 if the link doesn't go straight to it

So, let me get this straight, some of you are going by reddit or facebook to justify wild claims of 7 McPro Roc3's in his bag?

I'm going by an IN THE BAG video he put on Facebook. You keep talking about pulling up ITB's that are out of date

I saw the same ITB where he had 7 Roc3's and if I remember correctly, he had more McPro's than Champs.

Wasn't he throwing the Mako3 for awhile though?

Maybe that's why he doesn't need the flippy Roc3's anymore.

That could be a great Sig Disc for him.

...tons of spectators at the Worlds, a mobile Innova disc store 100 ft away, and "...7 McPro Roc3's" ;) ;)

I saw the same ITB where he had 7 Roc3's and if I remember correctly, he had more McPro's than Champs.
Wasn't he throwing the Mako3 for awhile though?
Maybe that's why he doesn't need the flippy Roc3's anymore.
That could be a great Sig Disc for him.

I think he's still bagging a Mako3 for some if not all of his tournaments. Doesn't throw it a lot, though.

P.S. How many sig discs does McBest have? Star Destroyer, Champ Krait, Champ Thunderbird, Champ Roc3, McPro Roc3, Mcpro Aviar, Nova... They need to save a few discs for others....

Last edited:
P.S. How many sig discs does McBest have? Star Destroyer, Champ Krait, Champ Thunderbird, Champ Roc3, McPro Roc3, Mcpro Aviar, Nova... They need to save a few discs for others....

Besides the Avery Teebirds seems like Climo's got the rest of the Innova lineup covered. I know it's blasphemy to consider bumping KC from a disc, but I think making Champ or Star Firebirds into Sexton signature models would be pretty well deserved on Nate's part.

Or at the very least give the man Echostar XCals seeing as I've never seen anyone else throw one.

I think he's still bagging a Mako3 for some if not all of his tournaments. Doesn't throw it a lot, though.

There are some runs of S-line P2 that has his name on it.

Besides the Avery Teebirds seems like Climo's got the rest of the Innova lineup covered. I know it's blasphemy to consider bumping KC from a disc, but I think making Champ or Star Firebirds into Sexton signature models would be pretty well deserved on Nate's part.

Or at the very least give the man Echostar XCals seeing as I've never seen anyone else throw one.

Wait until he wins a Worlds. That is how Innova does sig discs. Not saying it won't happen, but don't get ahead of yourself. They don't give out signature discs like some other companies do.

Wait until he wins a Worlds. That is how Innova does sig discs. Not saying it won't happen, but don't get ahead of yourself. They don't give out signature discs like some other companies do.

Not trying to argue or start anything, but what company(s) give out more sig discs than Innova?

Side note: my earlier comments about McBest's sig discs was not a complaint: I have no problem with him having those.. I have no problem with Sexton getting a Firebird line, either. I'd even like to see more: Valarie Jenkins Doss with a production TL line would've been well deserved, etc. At least they gave Hannah Leatherman a Tern line...

Not trying to argue or start anything, but what company(s) give out more sig discs than Innova?

Well, everyone. Other companies don't make you win a world championship. Again, you only get a sig disc with a world title if you are with innova. Dave Wiggins was the only exception. Well, an MPO world title I guess.

It's time for him to pass the torch anyway. How long has it been since he has won anything relevant against a strong field?