• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

MD2

Sorry if this is answered already, at work and looking for a quick answer... With say a combo of C and P MD2's, what mid range holes would need to be filled with another mold? Are the C's stable enough to fill in for everything short of a powered down to midrange Firebird?

I've thrown some pretty darn overstable C's, so I'd say yes. However, I don't know how the Ps glide and if they would break into a good touch disc or not.

discspeed said:
I've thrown some pretty darn overstable C's, so I'd say yes. However, I don't know how the Ps glide and if they would break into a good touch disc or not.
Yeah, there are some seriously overstable Cs out there, but I try to hunt the ones that fly like MD2s are supposed to.

And I don't know if Ps beat into good touch discs or not either, but I'm going to find out. =) The Ds at least seem to beat in like that.

rwmurrow said:
How do you identify the very stable ones?

The heavier ones that have a flat wing and dome up high in the center were the most overstable for me.

Have you gotten the same results from those new P- and D-lines, than from them old first run orange goodies Jubuttib? Fade gone, lazor straightness, sparkles in the sunlight?

I never got round to buy them, the plastic feels slippery in my hand compared to the old ones...but then again I´m a guy who cant throw a Vector since its made out of ice in my hands.
So I´m just using the same First Run MD2 I started with this season, and the more I use it, the more convinced I am that its made out of ponies and rainbows. :)

Nothing is as good as an orange FR P-MD2. =)

I haven't beaten the P-Lines enough to get rid of the fade yet, but how the D-lines beat in gives me hope. The D-lines don't stay there very long though, but that's OK since I want them to beat to understable.

do some of the C-line MD2s have a + rim? my copy seriously looks like one, or is it a manufacturing feature that is unintentional? doesn't bother me too much though. the disc flies like it's on rails. wind, what wind?

Actually if I remember correctly all MD2s are supposed to have a slightly slanted grip.

EDIT: I checked all of my MD2s (CFR C-lines, production C-Lines, S-lines, old run P-Lines, new run P-lines and D-lines) and all of them are slanted. I recalled correctly.

Picked up a P MD2 today. 172 and a Pale Yellow color. Think slightly more yellow than the typical glow in the dark material they make those plastic decorations in. Pretty dead straight with little fade on the first throw (which was from the top of a small hill). Looking forward to hitting the course with it and seeing what it can do.

It'll do straight, it'll do true hyzers and it'll do anhyzers. =)

My first attempt with an MD2 was a C line, and I didn't give it time to break in before I took it to PIAS. Wasn't impressed with it, but this one has potential. The C-Line I had didn't do much different from my Rocs so why would I throw it instead of my Roc?

Edit: Also this was before my recent form breakthrough and I was strong arming everying...

The production C-Lines did come out a bit too overstable compared to the CFR runs and other MD2s (though not all, my yummy gummy opaque pink ones are nice~, deflashed they fly just a bit more stable than a P-Line, and will most likely get even straight as they beat in). Deflashing them helps quite a bit.

And apart from that, for me a reason to throw C-MD2s instead of Rocs would be that I like the grip a lot better.

I did not deflash my C MD2... Oh and I wasn't saying I wouldn't throw the C MD2 over a Roc, just saying I wouldn't buy a C MD2 to replace a Roc when I have a stack of Rocs if they don't do much different for me. I can see it if the grip didn't suit me, but as long as I still have some stable Rocs they'll be there WITH the P MD2 at least...

jubuttib said:
Deflashing them helps quite a bit.

Elaborate pls! (god i'm such a noob) You mean sanding off the excess plastic, right? But where, at the nipple? If that's it, I'll make that my facebook status: "Sanding off nipples" :twisted: There's certainly no excess at the parting line.

I kind of like the fact that my P-MD2 is for anhyzers and low power touch shots with low wind, and the C-line is then overstable enough for making sure it doesn't flip (at least with my puny form!).

So how's everyone looking on beating up a CMD2?

OMG I have one that has just achieved the sweet spot. It's EXACTLY what I've wanted. Fast, Glide, and Straight. I used to be a hyzerflipper for straight shots (learned from hyzerflipping rocs) and then when I got into the PD I learned the throw flat, and now I love the straight roc. But the straight CMD2 is like a faster straight roc with Shark glide. I'm in LOVE.

A few days ago I was playing the Championship Layouts at Barber and there are two woods holes 15 and 17 (Frank D will appreciate this). Well the championship layout has you throwing from 17's basket to 15's basket which produces a 550 or so foot shoot with a 20' or so wide fairway. This shot is MD2 heaven. Threw it hard and high and got a good 330 down the fairway dead in the middle for an easy putter up and a 3 on a really tough hole.

I need more CMD2's like this. (sorry for the essay)

The flash is on the bottom, extending the bead. Sand that off and it'll fly straighter.

Trey: I know exactly what you mean. =)

I've beaten my CMD2 in to a point where I really love it, it's currently the perfect compliment to my beaten in Mako. These two discs are the main reasons my scores keep getting lower and lower, makes me really want to try out some of the P's.... and other discmania discs as well. Still haven't gotten a hold of a PD but from what I hear I want one.

Latest posts