• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

MD2

I have thrown just about every color. With the new mold I definitely prefer the flat opaque ones. Some of the new runs are really stiff and domey

zj1002 said:
I have thrown just about every color. With the new mold I definitely prefer the flat opaque ones. Some of the new runs are really stiff and domey
The flat opaques are where it's at. I do have two really stiff domey pinks, and while they don't really fly like an MD2 should in my mind, I have used them to some considerable success. Just need to account for the lack of speed and harsher fade.

yeah those stiff pinks seem to drop like bricks. They don't fly terribly, they just don't fly like the first few runs. The flat ones are just as stable but they cut through the air faster and the grip is awesome

zj1002 said:
yeah those stiff pinks seem to drop like bricks. They don't fly terribly, they just don't fly like the first few runs. The flat ones are just as stable but they cut through the air faster and the grip is awesome
I'd say that the flats are just as HSS but less LSS, the domey ones fade much more for me.

I keep forgetting to tell Climo that his beloved CFR CMD2 is not actually the production mold...I'm pretty sure he's unaware of this and I know he has thrown the newer ones with me and didn't think so much of them compared to the one in his bag.

I asked Millennium if they would run the QMS with the micro-bead but that probably won't happen. I get the feeling I won't find many more of these. No one is willing to give them up and/or knows that the CFR ones are no longer in production

discspeed said:
I keep forgetting to tell Climo that his beloved CFR CMD2 is not actually the production mold...I'm pretty sure he's unaware of this and I know he has thrown the newer ones with me and didn't think so much of them compared to the one in his bag.
I think he's going to like the flat production ones none the less...

C-MD2 - stock overstable
CFR proto MD2 - hyzer flip goodness
2 D-MD2 - beating up to replace my proto

anyone else get the feeling the MD2 is starting to reach Roc status. I have a steady rotation of md2s(and QMS) that works much better for me than the Roc's did(or maybe I got better)

zj1002 said:
C-MD2 - stock overstable
CFR proto MD2 - hyzer flip goodness
2 D-MD2 - beating up to replace my proto

anyone else get the feeling the MD2 is starting to reach Roc status. I have a steady rotation of md2s(and QMS) that works much better for me than the Roc's did(or maybe I got better)
Yep. Pretty much the first thing that popped to my mind after I managed to beat in my first D-MD2 a bit was "I'm going to have about 5 of these in rotation if things go on like this..."

I'm doing the same thing. The distance potential and range of possible lines between C and D MD2's is amazing. My only other mid is a brick...uhh I mean 175 CFR Gator.

damn if I had known I would have. someone got a sweet sweet disc. hopefully that person actually throws md2s

Booter said:
it was labeled as a m2 lol prob why it didnt see much action

tell me next time!

I don't know how you folks constantly check ebay. I find that more tiresome that marketplaces

Booter said:
i have the ebay app on my phone that alerts me when certain things pop up on ebay :)

x2 on this. I have saved filters on my ebay account for certain disc's. So I get alerts for when they start and when they stop. I am a disc whore...what can I say.

where the hell can you find the flatter CMD2's? I beat mine to a point where I need a new one to match it with and I can't find another one.

Unfortunately they seem to be very rare. That's why I got three of them to start with.

Latest posts