• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Michigan New Course Updates

I thought the course was already great during the tournament and looking at the new distances/layout, according to up in the air, the multiple pads and everything else will make this course even better.

Yup, when I was talking with Andrew (who designed the course). He said the multiple tees make for two completely different courses. The short tees are a challenging course in it self with the given pars. The long tees are another story all together!

>>--Leila Arboretum DGC-- Battle Creek {18 Holes}<<

Wow! That's where people played object Frisbee Golf long before there were basket courses around...

>>--Ramona Park-- Portage {9-18 Holes}<<

Say it's so! ANOTHER new course 15 minutes from me? Did I warp to the year 2525 or something?

Nope, not year 2525. I got this info from township/city master plans. These courses should be coming soon. Not sure who the designers are, but they are in the works for the near future.

The Battle Creek/Portage/Kalamazoo area is becoming quite the disc golf mecca if I must say.

Last edited:
Nope, not year 2525. I got this info from township/city master plans. These courses should be coming soon. Not sure who the designers are, but they are in the works for the near future.

The Battle Creek/Portage/Kalamazoo area is becoming quite the disc golf mecca if I must say.

I currently played every course in Battle Creek and Portage (Except Dexter Lake Church), but none in the Zoo. With these new courses coming I might have a day ahead of me (Robert Morris, Oshtemo, Air Zoo, Knollwood, Leila Arboretum, Ramona Park). No one could play all the courses in that area in one day. Props to the local scene in that area for exploding the awareness all around!

Last edited:
The new Belle Isle course delivers. Everyone should check it out. It's a bit wet right now, but after digging a trench for the water fountain yesterday things should dry up well in a few days. I liked shooting at the targets and I think it offered a different (but equally fun) challenge from the metal baskets.

DirtyMitten: got a new one for ya.

I know this isn't technically MI, but Windsor is pretty much a suburb of Detroit so I'm going to lobby to include it here:

[pending 2013]
Lakewood Park - Tecumseh, ON
18 hole course on a former ball golf course. Many mature old trees and interesting features on a 65 acre site right off of Lake St. Clair. It's been win after win on getting this course green-lit. The town is realizing they have a unique opportunity to bring disc golf to an area that doesn't have anything within a 2 hr. drive. We don't have a definite in-writing YES yet, but all of the signs are very promising so far. Side bonus: 5 min walk from my house.

DirtyMitten: got a new one for ya.

I know this isn't technically MI, but Windsor is pretty much a suburb of Detroit so I'm going to lobby to include it here:

[pending 2013]
Lakewood Park - Tecumseh, ON
18 hole course on a former ball golf course. Many mature old trees and interesting features on a 65 acre site right off of Lake St. Clair. It's been win after win on getting this course green-lit. The town is realizing they have a unique opportunity to bring disc golf to an area that doesn't have anything within a 2 hr. drive. We don't have a definite in-writing YES yet, but all of the signs are very promising so far. Side bonus: 5 min walk from my house.

Sounds cool. But probably won't be added to the list. Maybe if Michiganders could get there without a passport... I've yet to even play a course across the river. WAY to hard to get over there.

Sounds cool. But probably won't be added to the list. Maybe if Michiganders could get there without a passport... I've yet to even play a course across the river. WAY to hard to get over there.

I'm sure you already know this but we can get the enhanced license to get over there. I believe its only $45, and at the border I think they put in a fast lane for people who use the enhanced license instead of a passport.

I'm sure you already know this but we can get the enhanced license to get over there. I believe its only $45, and at the border I think they put in a fast lane for people who use the enhanced license instead of a passport.

True. But the course still isn't in Michigan...

Edit: Got Pioneer Trails on there as two separate listings. The one's that say, North & South with 18 a piece are correct. Will be fixed on next update.

Yes, Yes it shall be so.

The North Course is marked and flagged. 100% wooded, traversing through a wooded ridge along the entire north section of the property. Blue and Red skill level tees, alternate pin placements in the future, and road OB on some holes. Pretty tight but generally better than 20% width to length ratio for most holes.

The South Course is designed but not yet marked. Includes a few 500'+ holes in a park like setting under huge white pines and mowed grass, a bunch more woods like the North course, a manmade pond (only 200-250' carry or so), river OB, and a throw across the river to three holes on an island! Again predominantly wooded, but less ridge terrain.

I currently played every course in Battle Creek and Portage (Except Dexter Lake Church), but none in the Zoo. With these new courses coming I might have a day ahead of me (Robert Morris, Oshtemo, Air Zoo, Knollwood, Leila Arboretum, Ramona Park). No one could play all the courses in that area in one day. Props to the local scene in that area for exploding the awareness all around!

I have played Dexter Lake Church a couple of times on my way to other courses, nothing much exciting about it. Very open course, somewhat short holes all laid out on the big church property. Good little warm up course on your way to another course in the area.

Nice to hear about the BC/Portage/Kzoo area turning into a DG haven. Haven't been over there too much other than to play Cold Brook and hit up Bell's Brewery. :thmbup: Looks like I may need to plan a trip there myself sometime.

Yup, when I was talking with Andrew (who designed the course). He said the multiple tees make for two completely different courses. The short tees are a challenging course in it self with the given pars. The long tees are another story all together!

Please give credit due to all the other people that had as much to do with designing the course.. Tom, Andy, Matt, Ben, Zack, Scott, Chris, Brian, Snake, Josh most importantly and i'm pretty sure there might be some others i'll leave unmentioned.

Also thanks to the people that put in work on the days to clean up that complete mess.

The new Belle Isle course delivers. Everyone should check it out. It's a bit wet right now, but after digging a trench for the water fountain yesterday things should dry up well in a few days. I liked shooting at the targets and I think it offered a different (but equally fun) challenge from the metal baskets.

Trench made a huge improvement with that broken pipe.

oh man, 18 at rotary? thats a busy park. i wonder where its going to go in.
looking forward to farmington courses and sterling heights too!

i figure this would be the best place to ask, could someone pass information to the northville guys? they are going to make a park and a strip mall at the corner of 7 and haggerty , plus the old hospital further west. any chance for another course there?

i know its close to cass, but cass is busy as hell, it needs a sister course!

oh man, 18 at rotary? thats a busy park. i wonder where its going to go in.
looking forward to farmington courses and sterling heights too!

i figure this would be the best place to ask, could someone pass information to the northville guys? they are going to make a park and a strip mall at the corner of 7 and haggerty , plus the old hospital further west. any chance for another course there?

i know its close to cass, but cass is busy as hell, it needs a sister course!

Pretty much never going to happen. You can find all the site plans online. The construction has already gone scorched earth on a large chunk of the available land. That entire piece of property will be one massive development with a u of m medical center going in first. Followed by several big box stores and crappy chain restaurants. Repeat until all the trees are gone.

Just what Haggerty needs... A massive development poop stain smeared across the landscape. Thankfully I have no need to travel east of 2-75.

I hope that --Grand Isle-- Belmont {18 Holes} is good. It's like a 2 minute car ride from my house.

The construction has already gone scorched earth on a large chunk of the available land.

it looked like a battlefield when i went by it the other day. creepy fog and the forest was GONE. i heard they were making a 'park' tho.

how many more big box stores are left to stick there? northwest is novi mall. or north on M5 has all those other big box stores. south of there is laurel park mall. not to mention the stores on haggerty from 6-8mile.

i guess they need more cell phone stores? heh.
they blame the internet for the killing of retail stores? i seriously doubt the internet forced them to open stores next to each other. i doubt the internet forced them to build brand new stores instead of reusing empty stores. i doubt the internet forced walmart to build two stores 5 miles apart from each other.

sorry for the rant, but damn. support your local non-chain business guys. dont shop at walmart.

Latest posts