• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Michigan New Course Updates

it looked like a battlefield when i went by it the other day. creepy fog and the forest was GONE. i heard they were making a 'park' tho.

It took them all of two weeks to accomplish that crap. If there is an actual park, and not a "park", I will be more surprised than after a shart.

The land, pre-nuclear, was suitable for a disc golf course. Not a whole lot of elevation, but could have been home to a course that was a cross between red hawk and the monster.

Their might be enough room left in the space for a dog park when they are done destroying the natural landscape. The proposal from schostak construction shows all the land cleared from haggerty til just up to the old psycho ward. Their is room in the rear of the property, near the subdivison, but I doubt it will be used for disc. The master plan calls more for walking paths and bike paths that lead to the shopping center.

... sorry for the rant, but damn. support your local non-chain business guys. dont shop at walmart.
I so hope they don't put a WalMart there. Hope the company isn't even considering it.

Last edited:
i doubt the internet forced them to build brand new stores instead of reusing empty stores.

It's sad, but true that it is much less expensive to build on 'green' undeveloped land than it is to re-use 'brown' land that has already been developed for commercial or industrial uses.

it looked like a battlefield when i went by it the other day. creepy fog and the forest was GONE. i heard they were making a 'park' tho.

It took them all of two weeks to accomplish that crap. If there is an actual park, and not a "park", I will be more surprised than after a shart.

The land, pre-nuclear, was suitable for a disc golf course. Not a whole lot of elevation, but could have been home to a course that was a cross between red hawk and the monster.

Their might be enough room left in the space for a dog park when they are done destroying the natural landscape. The proposal from schostak construction shows all the land cleared from haggerty til just up to the old psycho ward. Their is room in the rear of the property, near the subdivison, but I doubt it will be used for disc. The master plan calls more for walking paths and bike paths that lead to the shopping center.

This is especially funny when you think about the vast swaths of vacant land within the city of Detroit. I know that it's not currently suitable for development, but it'd be nice to think that someday that land will be re-purposed and used instead of clear-cutting the dwindling wooded areas.

Bay City State Rec: Over the past two years the State's land has been scouted numerous times without any results. The park manager assured me they really want to put a course in there, but the land just isn't there. The initial thought was there should be space for 18 holes, but space is limited, so it went down to 12 holes, then down to 9 holes. It sounds like size isn't the only problem. Obviously, budget is a huge problem. They currently have hopes for a 9 holer near the visitors center, but nothing will happen this year due to the budget deficit. The area with the bald eagle's nest would be good for 12 holes, but it is now being negotiated for a boardwalk with Bay County.

Possible Bay City course! The good news is that the park manager is putting me in contact with another guy from the Bay City area who wants to get a course built in the city (a specific spot has been chosen that has enough land to facilitate a park). It sounds like a grant request is being written for about $20K to get this put in. For the record, I'm willing to do anything to help, and when the time comes I know a lot more people would get involved, too.

looks like a new course in traverse?

http://mikelovestc.wordpress.com/
And here's something new: Disc Golf out on the trail. They're putting up golf baskets along the route to add a little extra entertainment to the trek through the woods.

Visit www.TimberRidgeResort.net or call (231) 947-2770 for more information.

http://www.grandhaventribune.com/article/286931
Plans are hovering for a new disc golf course, but it will be another month before the Spring Lake Township Board makes a final decision on it.

Last edited:
looks like a new course in traverse?

http://mikelovestc.wordpress.com/

http://www.grandhaventribune.com/article/286931
Plans are hovering for a new disc golf course, but it will be another month before the Spring Lake Township Board makes a final decision on it.

Nice. I recall a course years ago at Timber Ridge, at least I think it was the same place. Didn't last long, long enough for me to lose a few discs there on a family trip in the area. Beautiful land, another course to add to the area's already quality golf scene.

Nice. I recall a course years ago at Timber Ridge, at least I think it was the same place. Didn't last long, long enough for me to lose a few discs there on a family trip in the area. Beautiful land, another course to add to the area's already quality golf scene.

No, Timber Ridge is actually a ski resort outside of Pawpaw, Northwest of Kazoo. Great mountain course used for worlds.

Hey! Bay City has some momentum going supporting the establishment of an 18-hole tournament style disc golf course again. I've collected 13 letters of support from surrounding communities and have passed them along to the city. We've also had one meeting to identify possible areas to install a course. If you feel so inclined as to do something to support the effort in a free but very meaningful way, contact Bay City's Parks Department or County Executive with a quick word of support :)

With the success of Bertha Brock in Ionia, plans have begun for disc golf at Ionia State Rec Area.

Nice.

Does anyone know of any courses in development in east Kent County (Lowell/Alto/Cascade/Ada/Rockford?) or proposals that have been shot down?

There are a lot of parks with a lot of land available... there's also a lot of county/city/township owned properties that are undeveloped that could be suitable for course installations.

There's a lot of potential, I just think the options need to be explored if they haven't been yet.

EDIT: additionally, if anyone wants to work with me on proposals for courses in these areas let me know. I have no experience in doing this, I'd just like to see some more championship caliber courses established in the area.

Last edited:

Latest posts