• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Most OS Zone?

Yea I like the feel of z over ESP so I throw a glow z. All the glows I have felt are concave and if they are less OS than the ESP it is negligible. They cost a extra couple of bucks though.

Every Z I've thrown (have almost every color from both runs) have been flat and flew more like my uberconcave Pro-D than my ESPs. The Glo Z I have bagged is concave (less than my ESP) and much closer in stability to the ESP.

I have noticed a ton of ESP misprints. Most have super concave rims and are severely warped. I think that z glow cflx mold up better.

My favorite ESP is a misprint and is super concave (not as concave as my old D though). It's the beefiest Zone I have, and I love it. I guess I need to start ordering more misprint packs.

My Cryztal Sparkle flies almost identical to my flat ESP

the ESP is the most OS. If you can find a Cryztal FLX it will be close.
This is really interesting, and I have no doubt at all about your claim because you would know, but my Cryztal FLX is my least OS Zone out of all that I've owned/thrown (ESP, Z, Cryztal). It's super flat and gummy/flexy and will glide out on a nice straight line and then have an abrupt, hard fade at the end. I also carry an ESP that is a complete meathook from the moment it leaves the hand and I can always count on it to skip for me, whereas the FLX is so gummy and soft that it usually just hits and sticks.

This is really interesting, and I have no doubt at all about your claim because you would know, but my Cryztal FLX is my least OS Zone out of all that I've owned/thrown (ESP, Z, Cryztal). It's super flat and gummy/flexy and will glide out on a nice straight line and then have an abrupt, hard fade at the end. I also carry an ESP that is a complete meathook from the moment it leaves the hand and I can always count on it to skip for me, whereas the FLX is so gummy and soft that it usually just hits and sticks.

The flatness is probably the culprit. Every flat Zone I've thrown as been much less beefy than a concave one in the same plastic.

Gotta agree with the concave zones being the most OS. My concave Glow Z is the most overstable zone I've thrown. I did go back to my ESP recently and gave it a toss in the field, it is way less stable than my Z is now. I carry a regular Z in the bag and haven't noticed any wear. Its still crazy overstable. I don't think you can go wrong here. Also, try the Pro-D! They wear in to be dead straight with a short fade! Like a brand new stable buzzz but slower.

cool, thanks for the information. I'm gonna see if any stores near me carry ESP. Wish I bought one years and years ago when I bought a D to try out, chunked that thing up on some trees real quick. If anyone wants to talk a trade send me a PM.

I'll throw in my two cents and say that out of the three Zones I own, my flat and stiff ESP is the most overstable. I have another flat ESP that is somewhat gummy and it flies straighter and comes out of an anhyzer much later. I also have a concave CryZtal Zone (picked it out after everyone saying concave is the way to go) and it's the straightest of the bunch.

If I want another Zone in the future I'd be looking for a stiff ESP.

Wonder how far I can drive a stiff ESP Zone? Haha, I'll shoot a test vid with one whenever I buy it or trade for it.

I have a red Z zone from the first batch of Z zones and it is as overstable as I've ever wanted it to be and hasn't lost any of that stability. the edges on this disc are so blunt and the plastic is so durable i don't see it ever loosing its stability

Wonder how far I can drive a stiff ESP Zone? Haha, I'll shoot a test vid with one whenever I buy it or trade for it.

300' would surprise me, not because of you but a good zone will start fading out soon after speed is lost and the blunt nose doesn't keep speed very well.

I think Ricky W. was throwing an ESP. 300' at throw down the mountain. At least in the warm up rounds. I was amazed how straight his stayed till right at the end maybe last 20% of the flight it hooked. That freak. If he hadn't said it was a zone I would have guessed a new buzzz.

I'm sure he and others can. Just saying more that 300' with a zone is like 400' with a lot lot other discs.

I don't think 300 with a Zone is out of the question. Those suckers are fast. I haven't tried to throw mine for max D before (only use it for specific lines), but there's a 260ft hole here that I throw a high stall shot with a Zone and have no problems reaching it. I'm sure if you get the nose down and torque it a bit you can get a lot more distance.

Latest posts