• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Most OS Zone?

I don't think 300 with a Zone is out of the question. Those suckers are fast. I haven't tried to throw mine for max D before (only use it for specific lines), but there's a 260ft hole here that I throw a high stall shot with a Zone and have no problems reaching it. I'm sure if you get the nose down and torque it a bit you can get a lot more distance.

That's kind of what I was thinking. I have never hit 400' in my life, and I throw my Zone a lot on holes up to 250'.

what is more OS zone or drone? i was looking for a OS putter/mid as the closest thing to a os mid i have is a pred and it is to fast for the shots i am using it on.

Definitely the Drone, but it's also pretty fast. I tried out the Drone for a while for the shorter overstable shots that the Pred was too long for, but the Drone was a bit too long as well. I ended up settling with the Zone.

The Zone flies more like a Predator whereas the Drone is more like a Firebird as far as overstability goes.

If I'm guessing correctly Mike you are going to be forehanding this mostly, I just got a cryztal Z zone yesterday from dynamic discs and it is as flat as flat could be. Can't wait to forehand this baby cuz there's no bead, it's pretty shallow, feels amazing in the hand, and the flatness will give you the best forehand release minimizing OAT.

Any forehanders out there looking for OS mids, don't buy the drone. Yes it is incredibly overstable but it is awkward as hell to forehand because it's so tall. You will just end up with more OAT to even out the overstability. I suggest a Hornet for longer OS midrange to compliment your zone.

Last edited:
Both fh and bh. Some shorter holes are too easy to overshoot with my Ions so I thought a Zone might be shorter without having to alter my throw much.

Love my concave ESP Zone. I like how it does dive bomber at the end. I just got concave Crystal FLX Zone yesterday so I ll try it out soon.

I was wondering how Esp zones are more stable then Z,Cryztal, Ect. Most other molds are more stable in z,cryztal than esp. But it seems that the zone is more OS in esp...Don't throw them to much but just wondering. Should they be like this from most to least stable?

Cryztal z zone
Glo z zone
Z zone
Esp Zone
ProD zone?

Last edited:
I was wondering how Esp zones are more stable then Z,Cryztal, Ect. Most other molds are more stable in z,cryztal than esp. But it seems that the zone is more OS in esp...Don't throw them to much but just wondering. Should they be like this from most to least stable?

Cryztal z zone
Glo z zone
Z zone
Esp Zone
ProD zone?

Plastic stability isn't set in stone. The concavity of the flightplate is generally what makes a Zone more overstable. I have a concave Pro D that is as beefy as all of my flat Z's. Well, it was for a couple years anyway. This has been covered ad nauseum in this thread already...

Feels like the Cryztal is a bit more OS but they're very close.

I'm enjoying them. They certainly handle a lot more OAT than my other putters and mids. I've flicked it in ways I know would flip Ions/Wizards/Vectors/Rocs and had it hold the line. I see it making my bag based on the throws I've had so far.

I throw crystal sparkle i find them more OS than anything. I have a feeling it has something to do with the slightly concave flight plate

I have a semi-transparent ESP Zone that is more stable than overstable. That's why it's not in the bag. I'd like to try a more overstable one.

2nd this. Has anybody come across any pink esp's?

There are pinkies out there, and they're renowned for their beef. I have a blue ESP misprint that is as concave as I've ever seen, and it's super beefy. I haven't thrown a pink to compare though.

I have a semi-transparent ESP Zone that is more stable than overstable. That's why it's not in the bag. I'd like to try a more overstable one.

How's the flightplate? Flat? Concave? I know I don't have your arm, but I'd be willing to bet it's flat. The ones I'm referencing were once booters but now are, I think, ian's. Remembering the pics from the sales threads, they were opaque.

Last edited:

Latest posts