• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Mud Run - through our course!

Talk about environmentally idiotic. I dont get these themed runs such as mud or spartan or water buffalo. Im sure they are fun, but they can seriously can leave some damage from trampling the grass and natural areas.

The Mud Run course is finished just not groomed yet. While it took down some trees I wish it wouldn't have, they changed the route just enough to not adversely effect the course. In fact some areas on tougher holes have larger bailout areas....which should make the course less frustrating for those that don't have a strong accuracy game.

The real positive is the Mud Run now opens up the backside of 80 plus acres of park property. We have 18 baskets the city bought in 2009 that have been in storage. We're now going to be able to finally expand our course.

Plans are to put another 9 hole loop here and the other 9 at another nearby park.

Sounds like while it was not entirely desirable for this event to be thrown on the course the unintended consequences could be great. Looks like a blessing to me.

Sounds like while it was not entirely desirable for this event to be thrown on the course the unintended consequences could be great. Looks like a blessing to me.

That could be the case. Our county of 70k has several other courses and two new ones going in this summer so I'm afraid this course, our first and most centrally located course, could end up being the forgotten course in the community.

We're planning on a presentation requesting expansion of the course from the additional baskets we have in storage that will be going in the found soon. It all really depends on how it all plays out.