• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Mvp Amp

apparently you haven't felt enough plastic.

Nothing about MVP discs say grip. I love the plastic but wish it tackier. Soft proton is much more gummy IMO like a FR ion was vs before the softs were stamped soft so that tells you there can be a level of "grip" different from others even with similar looking discs.

Grippy discs are not impacted by conditions, your hands, or personal thoughts.

I have more different types of plastic within an arms reach as i type this right now than i would like to admit. Im not saying MVP has the best grip, but it certainly isn't bad compared to whats out there.

And your totally wrong about grip being impacted by "conditions, your hands, or personal thoughts."

Climate, weather and temperature conditions have a HUGE impact on how a plastic can feel and that changes depending on the plastic and some plastics are better in different conditions than others.. for example MVP grip sucks when wet and cold.. but i still manage to get by with it in these conditions as long as i have a towel.
Also, If someone has callused, hard, dry hands compared to someone like me (computer software engineer) with soft clammy skin, they will have a different personal thought on how that plastic feels for them. Not to mention some people have a personal preference for different feels and softness or gummy feel.

Again, not saying MVP is the best plastic because its definitely not.. but its not bad at all when you compare it to everything else out there.

Last edited:
apparently you haven't felt enough plastic.

Nothing about MVP discs say grip. I love the plastic but wish it tackier. Soft proton is much more gummy IMO like a FR ion was vs before the softs were stamped soft so that tells you there can be a level of "grip" different from others even with similar looking discs.

Grippy discs are not impacted by conditions, your hands, or personal thoughts.

Well I need moisture for grip. Dryness sucks. For me mvp is better than all innova plastics, and I do t throw prodigy nor do I care to.

Grippy discs are not impacted by conditions? What? Can you elaborate on how the pores of the plastic stay static. If grip is not impacted I would say durability is not impacted.

It feels good to the thrower who gives a rip?
I love the neutron soft plastic much better than proton soft, but it's all good.

I would say that your grip of your hands is not impacted by conditions, thoughts or butterfly's in china.

Chalk up and throw.

Well it would seem to me that a disc with good grip properties-- will grip well in all conditions and situations.

You would have to be sensory deprived to think a disc like soft vibram putter isn't grippy anytime/place vs a neutron ion.

That's all.

Interesting, i just grabbed a fresh neutron resistor and tried to slide my finger across it. I am having trouble getting any sound from this one.. which means that different runs of neutron can be grippier than others =/

the first run neutron shock is easier to get the grip test sound than the first run neutron resistor

I have a FR shock that has turned rubbery from being outside over the spring which I LOVE but its extremely unique to any of my other neutrons even beat volt which looks worse than the shock but much more firm.

All I am trying to say is that its misleading here to put MVP and grip in the same sentence. Even soft neutron ions are not really grippy they are just very pliable which allows for easier pressure into the flight plate and a more firm grip on the disc but don't really think its any tackier at all just SOFTER.

I'm sitting here with 6 different types of plastic and they are all grippy, including the MVP.. sure, they all feel a little different but they all have grip and i can feel similar amounts of resistance when i try to pull them out of my grip. Your the only one whos misleading by saying MVP plastic is not grippy, wtf? Maybe your just trolling, but your way off base here.

Too much grip or gummy feeling can be bad when you want a smooth clean release anyways.

Last edited:
lol. Remember your bike handle bars? They weren't covered in neutron or proton plastic. And those Ski-gloves? or a Race car tire? an engineered running track? Basketball/football surfaces? Anything with "grip" does not have the same physical properties as these polymers do.

lol. Remember your bike handle bars? They weren't covered in neutron or proton plastic. And those Ski-gloves? or a Race car tire? an engineered running track? Basketball/football surfaces? Anything with "grip" does not have the same physical properties as these polymers do.

Dude, thats all rubber though, i don't know any discs that have good durability with grip as good as rubber.

And honestly i think rubber discs would be a bad idea, the disc wouldn't smoothly slip or snap off your fingers, you would likely get grip lock issues and its probably why they don't make rubber discs.

even base plastics (that i know of) arent as grippy as rubber lol.

Last edited:
and why do so many people want a base-line plastic if (and I quote verbatim) "the grip is GREAT." :doh:

Because base plastic is better in wet conditions, it also falls apart over time and in return breaks in faster.

People throw base plastic so they can cycle discs quickly for more desired flights (like Rocs)

but were talking about premium plastics, so that is totally irrelevant.

I do think MVP needs a base plastic though..

Last edited:
...okay?

i-surrender--large-prf-1137941186.jpg

Dude, thats all rubber though, i don't know any discs that have good durability with grip as good as rubber.

And honestly i think rubber discs would be a bad idea, the disc wouldn't smoothly slip or snap off your fingers, you would likely get grip lock issues and its probably why they don't make rubber discs.

.......um, Vibram

Vibram, that's actually one of the only company i have never owned a disc from. I have tried a few of their discs from the glide shop down in madison and some friends but:

- They didnt feel good to me at all, i like a tacky feel.. these were very powdery eraser feel (something that i would have to get used to)
- had to throw them considerably harder than other discs to get the same distance
- they didnt glide very long, they fell out of the sky like a rock when they slow down.
- Before winter hit i also tried a friends lightly used Lace and it flipped over like the flippiest beat to heck roadrunner you have ever seen.. it landed on a gravel road at almost a 90 degree angle and it took a bad scrape to the rim. Luckily he didn't care for the disc himself and it wasn't a big deal.

Has a Vibram sponsored player ever won a Major?

MVP is one of those companies that has some great premium plastic putters. I've never liked base plastic in any disc.

Seriously? Between this and your blind faith in the gyroscopic properties that may not even exist… I guess I see now what others have seen for awhile about you and MVP.

Since you seem to have missed the irony of one of your posts: Has an MVP sponsored player ever won a major? :p

Truth: rubber and plastics can both be made with varying degrees of grippiness. I think grip isn't entirely important to the actual throwing (i.e. when the disc comes out of your hands - see this thread for that: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97747), but people still like to FEEL that a plastic grips better for the stages of the throw where the disc isn't being gripped firmly.

C'mon. Be reasonable at least.

P.S. And again, easily 50% of my bag and often 80% when I play shorter courses) is MVP. LOTS of MVP discs here. Big fan. Just not one with unrealistic beliefs…

r-pro might be from recycled bouncy balls.

don't get me wrong I don't even want these discs to be rubbery and grip like sandpaper at all which is why I careless that MVP only has premi plastics-- throwing almost every shot with a power grip, the actual grip of the plastic doesn't really matter at all to me. There are benefits to both but find the performance and durability to be much greater factors than overall feel. Touch shots might be the only time a nice grippy disc can be beneficial.

LOL

Has a sponsored MVP player EVER even been to a Major? No.. rofl

Nice try though. And MVP just sponsored its first player a couple weeks ago.

I'm well aware of that. Anyone who spends time here is.

The point is that such a question - "Has an MVP sponsored player ever won a major? :p" - is just about as stupid as the question you asked. (Except of course that I asked it rhetorically, while you were actually attempting to make a point with yours.)

On top of that, it's stupid because which players win events says a LOT more about the quality of the players than the quality of the products. Duh.

iacas you try so hard but its always fail..

Agree to disagree there. You made a silly post about how it would be stupid if discs were made out of rubber… despite the fact that discs are being made out of rubber (and more than just Vibram uses some rubber in their products - $$$ Wizards have rubber in them too, for example), then you asked if a Vibram player had ever won a major as if that has anything at all to do with the quality of the products.

sorry, go put together some anecdotal evidence or something

You're the one who does that. You're the one who will say that you've "experienced" things like the gyroscopic effect. I've used basic, simple scientific principles a few times before realizing that you were too far down the rabbit hole to make sense of it. Scientific reasoning and basic physics are pretty much the opposite of anecdotal evidence.

As I said, I get now what others have been saying about you for awhile now.

no one wants to listen to you or your revolving 10 posts repeated over and over

Agreed, but he's easily added to the ignore list.

Happy holidays.

P.S. On topic: my first run Amps are like Volts, so I got some later run Amps and they're actually slightly understable. Good. I marked them to keep them separate. :)

Vibram, that's actually one of the only company i have never owned a disc from. I have tried a few of their discs from the glide shop down in madison and some friends but:

- They didnt feel good to me at all, i like a tacky feel.. these were very powdery eraser feel (something that i would have to get used to)
- had to throw them considerably harder than other discs to get the same distance
- they didnt glide very long, they fell out of the sky like a rock when they slow down.
- Before winter hit i also tried a friends lightly used Lace and it flipped over like the flippiest beat to heck roadrunner you have ever seen.. it landed on a gravel road at almost a 90 degree angle and it took a bad scrape to the rim. Luckily he didn't care for the disc himself and it wasn't a big deal.

Has a Vibram sponsored player ever won a Major?

I used to have Ridge, VP and Summit in my bag. I switched from Ridge to SS Voodoo caused Ridge dropped down too quickly to my liking. I use fan grip for control upshots/approaches and I don't have good grip with those rubber based materials. Premium plastic is much better for me.