• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Mvp Amp

Just threw my hot pink Amp into the couch a few times today. It will wait patiently with my Tangent for warmer weather in 2014, along with all the other plastic I grabbed this last month, and may yet grab this winter.

I need to give my Amp another go. I got hooked on the river and have not played with the Amp for a while. Got an Ion in my SS package, and picked up a used Shock, so I guess I should try a MVP round.

I need to give my Amp another go. I got hooked on the river and have not played with the Amp for a while. Got an Ion in my SS package, and picked up a used Shock, so I guess I should try a MVP round.

Amp replaced my River. I used to be a huge fan of the River and considered it one of my favorite discs. How soon we forget.

Just threw my hot pink Amp into the couch a few times today. It will wait patiently with my Tangent for warmer weather in 2014, along with all the other plastic I grabbed this last month, and may yet grab this winter.

Hahaha.... I do that too during the week since there's no daylight after work to play. I did get out in the snow with my Amp on Sunday.... It was purrrrdy....
11405815043_fdff87f615.jpg

Has anyone bought a newer run white Amp recently? I know the early white ones were more stable than intended, and I'm wondering if that's been fixed with newer ones. It would be an online purchase, or else I'd check the PLH against the pink one I have that flies awesomely.

Has anyone bought a newer run white Amp recently? I know the early white ones were more stable than intended, and I'm wondering if that's been fixed with newer ones. It would be an online purchase, or else I'd check the PLH against the pink one I have that flies awesomely.

Amps in any color that i have bought after the first runs has had more turn and easier to flip out of the box. I have not bought any white Amps since the first runs though but im sure they have made an effort to get all colors/runs as close to intended flight as possible.

I just got an amp and it's actually a very nice disc. I hate mvp mids, but this fairway is very much like a teebird, maybe a bit more overstable at the end.
It seems like it would do well in a headwind and/or downhill shot, thoughts?
I haven't had time to do this yet but am excited to try. I'm thinking it will either S curve or go really straight.

I just got an amp and it's actually a very nice disc. I hate mvp mids, but this fairway is very much like a teebird, maybe a bit more overstable at the end.
It seems like it would do well in a headwind and/or downhill shot, thoughts?
I haven't had time to do this yet but am excited to try. I'm thinking it will either S curve or go really straight.

Sounds like a FR Amp. They were more stable than the current runs. Have you actually thrown it yet?

FR's are more like Teebirds for a noodle arm. But even they aren't as stable as the 'Birds.

Maybe he means it feels like a Teebird? ???

I think this is where new players get really confused... You should always write how far the disc if flying for you when describing its behavior.

Has anyone successfully purchased one of the correctly understable Amps from an online retailer recently? If so, which one?

I went into my local shop to buy a backup for my Amp, and the PLH on both I compared were higher than my Amp. Mine is nice and understable - flips to flat with ease - and I would like one to back it up. Just don't want to buy one and get stuck with a wonky one. If anyone can let me know where they bought their flippy Amp I would greatly appreciate it! Looking for one around 170 grams.

I would love to try a flippy one as well. The 172 red one I have I love. It's my favorite disc in my bag but it's not really understable. It'll go dead straight as far as I can throw it which is about 330 max.

I've been looking for a good disc to hyzer flip. Right now I'm using an Avenger SS but it's a little unpredictable.

I got some new orange Amps (172) direct from MVP recently (obviously one of latest runs I guess) and I checked out at the field and it is not as understable as my seasoned Amps. However it will become nicely understable (for me) with some seasoning. I also got a carolina blue Amp (also 172) from DGC today (I did not have Amp in that color) and it was similar as that new orange ones. I have "field work" bag containing 4 drivers of each (Servo, Resistor, Amp, Volt) so they get some seasoning as I do regular field work each week.

Yes I've thrown the amp.
I'm not a noodle arm, it feels and flies like an 11x teebird.
Not a cal, but a ca.

Definitely turns at the end if cranked, but shorter golf lines are similar to a tb

tu-f-o: I think you have one of more stable Amps. I have some Amps (esp white ones from first runs) that are quite more stable than current Amps I am using.

I got some new orange Amps (172) direct from MVP recently (obviously one of latest runs I guess) and I checked out at the field and it is not as understable as my seasoned Amps. However it will become nicely understable (for me) with some seasoning. I also got a carolina blue Amp (also 172) from DGC today (I did not have Amp in that color) and it was similar as that new orange ones. I have "field work" bag containing 4 drivers of each (Servo, Resistor, Amp, Volt) so they get some seasoning as I do regular field work each week.

How do the Amps do when thrown flat? I'm starting to wonder if my Amp is more understable than it was designed to be. Can you compare your Amps to something else in that range?