• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Mvp Amp

Where are you guys finding these stable amps? I threw a buddy's amp and that thing was like a light star leopard. I wouldn't have considered it a speed 9 or stable. I was able to release on a steep hyzer angle, rip it way up in the air, and let it flip and ride an anny line to the ground. I also tried throwing it flat at about 20' high to get it to stable out and not turn as much, and the thing flipped to a roller and rolled out to near 375'. I'm thinking that I may need to give another one of these a shot, maybe I threw a wierd one....

^^The FR Amps are much more stable than that. I've thrown my FR 300ft, and it hardly turns at all. I've gotta get me a new Amp so I can see how flippy they are.

Where are you guys finding these stable amps? I threw a buddy's amp and that thing was like a light star leopard. I wouldn't have considered it a speed 9 or stable. I was able to release on a steep hyzer angle, rip it way up in the air, and let it flip and ride an anny line to the ground. I also tried throwing it flat at about 20' high to get it to stable out and not turn as much, and the thing flipped to a roller and rolled out to near 375'. I'm thinking that I may need to give another one of these a shot, maybe I threw a wierd one....

I found mine via preorder from community discs. I drank the first run kool aid. :p

^^ What is a "good one?" Flippy? I personally love mine, but would also like a flippier one to accompany it.

How do I know if I'm buying a flippy one(which I want) just to be clear

Good question.
I have taken the Amp out of my bag in favor of a GL Fury, and, are any Amps available in the 166g range (The lightest I had was 170ish)/?

I've never thrown an Amp that was even in the same ballpark as a Ch TB. Also, even my FR white Amp which was one of the more HSS run broke in quickly to develop a characteristic turn pretty much however I throw it. So I don't know what to think about that. The best advice I can give to avoid an unusually HSS Amp would be to go with a primary color instead of black/white/pastel (which is really color + white pellet).

My favorite driver right now is one of my original tester Amps (red 173). I've purposefully tried to beat it in and now it's a thing of beauty that I can finesse turns with. It still doesn't have the glide of a Valk, but for shaping lines across conditions and ranging it is the best US control driver I've ever possessed.

FWIW I opined to the MVP bros that I thought the P Amps should be made no more and maybe a little less stable than the Ns. That would make it easy to know you are buying a turny one.

as some have said, white seems to be commonly more on the +side of stable. they are flat right out the box. the other 4 amps i have, have some dome to them, and flip like they should. the white one is like, shock/resistor flat, and is just a super slow motion turner for me.

How do I know if I'm buying a flippy one(which I want) just to be clear

The trick is to find a website that sells a lot of discs and you can be almost sure your getting a new run that way.

Also you can call them and ask how new their current stock is..ask specifically for the latest ones..etc.

I got 2 blue swirls amps from communitydiscs and love them but they're flat and stable. I can get them to turn but no where near what a beat-in amp does. The fact is, is that you have to break amps in for them to perform, and that's okay. You get to have fun doing that

any premium plastic disc will fly more true to its design when not brand spanking new. I feel like the amp is a lot like the tangent, in that, the more use the discs see the better they get-- from grip to flight. A brand new neutron disc might be one of the slickest plastics on the market IMO and impacts the flight similar to how flashing does. If your neutrons are still looking brand new then you are missing out.

any premium plastic disc will fly more true to its design when not brand spanking new. I feel like the amp is a lot like the tangent, in that, the more use the discs see the better they get-- from grip to flight. A brand new neutron disc might be one of the slickest plastics on the market IMO and impacts the flight similar to how flashing does. If your neutrons are still looking brand new then you are missing out.

Truth

In the winter time the neutron is a little slick, but in summer its nice and tacky for me, with a slight sweat/moisture on the hand the grip is GREAT.

you don't need to lie about it. take a brand new neutron disc vs proton even and you can feel the difference. There is almost NO surface tension or any type of resistance when slide your fingers on it-- no noises or anything at all which would suggest neutron plastic is not even a little grippy.

with condensation/clammy hands it tacks up but not sweat or moisture. Dry hands are just as bad don't get me wrong but fresh neutron and grip do not go together. The only tacky premium plastic on the market right now IMO is prod. 400s which is truly grippy premium plastic off the shelf.

So I was able to get my hands on an Amp today thanks to Um..., and it is definitely one of the understable ones. :thmbup:

Once I got it dialed in, this thing was easy easy easy hyzer flip-to-flat lazer beams. I didn't try to turn it over from a hyzer flip, but it seems to be at that perfect level of understability where it will flip from flat, hold the line, then fade at the end a bit. It's exactly what I was hoping the TD would be - effortless hyzer flips that won't get squirrely and run away. It's definitely going to hold a spot in the bag as long as it holds this level of reliability. A lot of fun to throw.

you don't need to lie about it. take a brand new neutron disc vs proton even and you can feel the difference. There is almost NO surface tension or any type of resistance when slide your fingers on it-- no noises or anything at all which would suggest neutron plastic is not even a little grippy.

with condensation/clammy hands it tacks up but not sweat or moisture. Dry hands are just as bad don't get me wrong but fresh neutron and grip do not go together. The only tacky premium plastic on the market right now IMO is prod. 400s which is truly grippy premium plastic off the shelf.

What are you talking about? surely something must be different with your skin, bone dry hands? lol

I just did what you said to do, fresh unthrown neutron, slide one finger across the top of the disc and i get a squeaking loud noise from my finger tacking up as i pull it across.. So much for that test, Aim for the Chains. According to my results it has good grip.

Everyone has different types of skin and moisture. It also depends on the temperature of the plastic and environment humidity. I could easily say you lie or are not telling the truth about the grip, but i wouldn't be so ignorant to say such a foolish thing considering it would be different for everyone and is an opinion.

the grip is similar between neutron/proton and its not "slick" (unless its wet, but all premium discs are slick when wet).. i have stacks of fresh neutron sitting next to me and it feels very nice. not as good as prodigy premium but its up there. try blowing into your fist to give your finger tips some moisture if they are very dry and MVP gets real nice and tacky (for me at least).

Latest posts