• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Mvp Amp

I dropped the Amp in favor of a Fury *gasp*
I found I had to really power up the Amp to get it to fly correctly, losing control in the process.
Still have the Volt bagged for now.

My situation too.

If you beat an amp in you get just as much glide as a fury, more distance, and not a finicky on power. I honestly don't think most people give the amp enough time to "get good".

If you beat an amp in you get just as much glide as a fury, more distance, and not a finicky on power. I honestly don't think most people give the amp enough time to "get good".

My amp started off hard to get that turn to hold, but i stuck with it and now its "broken in" i guess you could say. I get a straight flight that turns into a big turnover and finishes flat. It also holds an anny release most of the way to the end with a flat finish unlike a lot of other under-stable discs that just turn and burn.

the problem is that they just take time to get to that perfect stage where it holds the lines better.

Thats why i like to trade people for their used Amps because that probably means their almost to the sweet spot for me :)

I just noticed today that between my first set of Amps and my second set, Inflight changed the numbers. 376 to 366, and the turn went from -52 to -46 or something.

My second set also seems to turn the appropriate amount while the first set was almost a Volt.

My amps were really flippy.. They needed too much height and room to work to get out to fairway distance.

I just noticed today that between my first set of Amps and my second set, Inflight changed the numbers. 376 to 366, and the turn went from -52 to -46 or something.

My second set also seems to turn the appropriate amount while the first set was almost a Volt.

Thats funny because the newest runs that i have are a lot more under-stable than the first runs.. the inflight charts are not even close most of the time.

I recommend going directly to MVP for the charts..

chart_amp.png

This is exactly the flight i get out of my Amps

Thats funny because the newest runs that i have are a lot more under-stable than the first runs.

That's what I said. :) My first runs were more Volt-like (i.e. not a lot of turn). The later runs are more understable.

every single MVP disc seems to require too much effort.
Well, I've only tried a couple, but seems that way.
They drop too quickly

My 172 N Amp is the best disc in my whole bag. It flies on whatever line I put it and is the easiest disc I have for laser beam straightness. Mine didn't start out flippy and after 4-5 months of heavy use still isn't flippy.

My Fury on the other hand was a little flippy from day 1 but was a dream to hyzer flip. Now after the same amount of time it's a lot more flippy. Now I hyzerflip it to get it to turnover and go right after about 200 feet.

The fury is my understable workhorse but the Amp is my main workhouse period. I've got a really beat in Volt that flies similar to my Amp.

They drop too quickly

I agree with the more effort part than a lot of discs but the results you get are much better than any other discs I've tried.

They drop too quickly

Less glide = more control (within reason)

I notice the drop more so on the midranges than the fairways though.

If your in the stage with your game where your trying to get more distance to make it to the pin, more glide may be helpful to you.

When i throw Lat64 especially, some of their discs are so domey and have so much glide that i can never get any control for accurate ranging.. they blow past the chains when i want the disc to drop under the basket for a deuce.

there a happy medium between glide and control, and i feel like MVP hits it just right on most of their molds.

Threw an 173 Amp for the first time today - nice disc. For my arm, there was almost no turn, and a healthy fade. I could see this beating into a nice control driver.

About the fan boys or the comparison!

LOL

I have a star roadrunner that's more OS than my star sidewinder, both max weight, it's weird.

I hear the amp is similar to a SW but I just don't like MVP flights so far.

And no Amp that I've ever thrown (not just the White FRs) is as US as any RR I've ever thrown. More turn, and they'd be +1 fanboi.