• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Mvp Amp

Question for you amp throwers...

As it beats in, does it lose HSS or LSS first?

In other words, does it fade less or turn more

I'm talking about the early stage of wear.

I've played a couple times a week with mine since April and given it lots of use (my bag was speed capped by the 3 MVP fairways until this month) and noticed neither aspect has changed so far. I'll go with slow beat-in, which ever happens.

Just a few more days and my Amp will be here. This disc sounds like it will be a great disc for Understable Fairway Shots. Once my Volt gets here I'll pretty much have my Fairway drivers covered. :thmbup:

I think really flat Amps tend to lose the HSS first, but I've got a domier blue one right now that I have a good feeling about...I just haven't hit enough stuff with it to tell. I love the glide on the blue one too...It always goes as far as my Volts, where other Amps I've had tended to be a little shorter.

I think really flat Amps tend to lose the HSS first, but I've got a domier blue one right now that I have a good feeling about...I just haven't hit enough stuff with it to tell. I love the glide on the blue one too...It always goes as far as my Volts, where other Amps I've had tended to be a little shorter.

Man I hope the one I get is a domey one. I pulled the trigger on a orange 168 gram Neutron Amp.

I ordered a Neutron Volt too. It's a 168 Red one. :D

I have to confess that I have been throwing my seasoned Amp more than any other MVP driver. I've really developed some touch with it, carving out lines from varying hyzer releases. I've been using it on a lot of 300ish wooded holes where it is too low or tight for me to throw a mid. I've been using it BH an FH as well. I can make it fly just like a new Amp, or I can get some really understable lines out of it. It is also capable of a 100% straight tunnel shot now with almost no fade. This Amp was one of my testers (red 172) and I've done everything I can do to try to beat the stability out.

I currently have a FR red 172 shock which is so workable like you describe. All my amps were pretty stable at lower speeds where this thing is actually understable and flips to straight so easily. It would be nice to see a slower production disc from MVP which would fit this slot more-so than the AMP which is a great driver IMO but not understable really and I would even say a bit touchy.

I currently have a FR red 172 shock which is so workable like you describe. All my amps were pretty stable at lower speeds where this thing is actually understable and flips to straight so easily. It would be nice to see a slower production disc from MVP which would fit this slot more-so than the AMP which is a great driver IMO but not understable really and I would even say a bit touchy.

I need a touchy disc to develop touch with. A disc like a TB will not bend to my will, rather impose it's own. With that Amp I can throw shots that flip and fade to the shape of the fairway or my visualization. Few things in disc golf are as satisfying as throwing the exact line you imagined on a technical hole.

i love the amp in technical tight situations, esp when a mid would suffice if only there was more space and ability to rip into it.

... Few things in disc golf are as satisfying as throwing the exact line you imagined on a technical hole.

This.

It may sound weird, but my Amp is like an "extra sensory disc", for me. Not that this will be the same experience for other people, but its just how i imagine an under-stable disc of its class to fly and when i throw it, it does exactly what i thought it would do and its super compatible with how my mind works when planning a throw.

If i ever doubt my initial estimation, i have a bad throw with the amp, but if i trust my instinct its super easy to throw.

I cant say that about the shock or volt, but they are still very good discs..

@_@

How does the AMP compare to a Lat64 Fury? They sound a lot alike. My Fury Hyzerflips to a laser beam and has glide for miles. It's also very, very controllable on anny throws.

Hey, bfowler, I just got an Amp the other day and it's the disc I've been looking for forever. It's easy straight distance and very controllable. You can really make it do whatever you want. I have about 300 feet of power so your results may very. It's the long Axis I always wanted but much easier to control. It's actually the first MVP disc I've gotten that doesn't make me use really good form. It's not as tight.

The fury for me is much more understable. If I throw a Fury flat it's going to hit a great long anny line. My red 172 Amp just goes straight for a long time. Easiest 300 feet in my bag.

How does the AMP compare to a Lat64 Fury? They sound a lot alike. My Fury Hyzerflips to a laser beam and has glide for miles. It's also very, very controllable on anny throws.

Hey, bfowler, I just got an Amp the other day and it's the disc I've been looking for forever. It's easy straight distance and very controllable. You can really make it do whatever you want. I have about 300 feet of power so your results may very. It's the long Axis I always wanted but much easier to control. It's actually the first MVP disc I've gotten that doesn't make me use really good form. It's not as tight.

The fury for me is much more understable. If I throw a Fury flat it's going to hit a great long anny line. My red 172 Amp just goes straight for a long time. Easiest 300 feet in my bag.

*shudder*

I asked how an Amp compared to a Fury last month. I then bought an Amp the other day, tried it out and then answered my own question.

It's the me in the present talking to me in the past. I hope I don't create some type of time paradox.

I asked how an Amp compared to a Fury last month. I then bought an Amp the other day, tried it out and then answered my own question.

It's the me in the present talking to me in the past. I hope I don't create some type of time paradox.

Hah! Thanks for clarifying that. I totally missed the dates on those post and had indeed been time paradoxed.

I been using Amp more than any other drivers by far in my bag. Since I have 280 to 300 foot of power at 80% so Amp compliments me very well. My second most used driver is Volt.

I've got two new amps recently and they are flying more stable than I remember them, but I also just lost a well seasoned one. I forgot how damn straight these are when hyzer flipped. I can't believe I haven't kept a fresh one in the bag with a seasoned one before. These seem pretty under-rated, with the volt being more well received. As a volt thrower I understand how volts are true workhorse drivers that can be worn into different stabilities, but with the volt and amps grip being so similar, I'm surprised more people don't throw this understable compliment. How many of you guys still throw amps?

I dropped the Amp in favor of a Fury *gasp*
I found I had to really power up the Amp to get it to fly correctly, losing control in the process.
Still have the Volt bagged for now.

Amp is a speed 9 and its not meant to be a turn and burner.. you have to put a little meat on it to get that sweeping turn over. The Amp, along with the Volt is a disc i would never take out of the bag.