• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Anode Putter

2284ea86.jpg

Package today! I've only been tossing these at my practice basket for about 30 minutes or so, but initial observation is that these are more LSS. (sorry for large picture, posting through my phone from work)

Didn't know they had shipped out the softs yet.

Only for the testers :D I'm actually lacing up my hiking boots right now at the course so I can test these bad boys! And on another + note, found another green fr axis a few minutes ago at gggt! I'll give thoughts on the anodes later tonight.

Very interested in your report on the soft Anodes UPS.
BTW, that dark blue one in the back is a beauty!!

So when are you going to post some soft anode review UPS? Do I have to go to Basset and mug you for them? Its getting oftly dark out there... :p

So when are you going to post some soft anode review UPS? Do I have to go to Basset and mug you for them? Its getting oftly dark out there... :p

I'm already gone. Haha. I have a second window open currently that I am writing my review in. It should be up soon! Only eaten a single pb&j all day so it's hard to focus :p

Ok, HERE WE GO! Received THREE (3) soft Anodes today. (Pictures on previous page) One 170g Green, one 174g Violet, and one 175g Orange. Let me start off by saying I did not notice any difference between the weights (yet?). Today was not IDEAL conditions, but not bad by any means. I'll break down my review between, drives, approaches, and putts, so I make sure to go over everything.

**I'd like to start off by saying that Soft Anodes are much more LSS than Mediums.**
  1. Drives: These things are just as easy to drive as their more rigid siblings. Just get some good clean snap on them and they'll glide forever. They hold anhyzers just as well as the mediums, as long as you get good snap. If you don't then they will fight out at the end of it, which could be a good thing sometimes. Flex shots are very possible with these things from what I've gathered too. These soft Anodes will hold a nice smooth hyzer as well. When thrown flat, as stated before, they will glide forever with a noticeable fade at the end.
  2. Approaches: On long, flat approaches they flew just like they did when ripped off of the tee. When throwing shorter more nose up oriented approaches is where the LSS really showed. It has a pretty abrupt fade when thrown flat, but when hyzered it still had a nice smooth fade. On short, low spin anhyzers they held their lines very well. They were just stable enough to land flat at the end of it's flight, but not so much that they wanted to fight out of it.
  3. Putts: Let me just say that these seemed to fly very fast out of the hand, and mediums too, compared to the Ion. On flat putts they flew a lot like an Ion. flew straight for a good portion of it's flight, then had a consistent fade. Definitely not like its point-and-shoot Medium sibling. When on an anhyzer putt they held their line pretty well, just like the mediums. Keep in mind that with all anhyzers, no matter how long or short, you still need to have the proper amount of snap/spin to hold their line. And on hyzer putts, just like with approaches, they had a nice smooth sweeping motion to them. On long jump putts these things will flex very nicely, if you so choose.
  4. Overall: After knowing how soft Ions are more LSS than medium Ion, I'm not shocked that these are the same way. They are VERY comparable to second run Ions (textured bottoms). In fact, if you have ever wanted to try out a second run Ion, but don't want to search around and have to pay the $15+ people are asking for them, I suggest getting one, or two, or many. IMO, these things fit in between medium Anodes and soft Ions quite nicely. Personally I'll be sticking to mediums for main putting duties, and will probably carry a soft for slight-mild headwinds.

I can't wait to see what Mike C and Discspeed have to say about them, and as always, feel free to ask and question you may have and I'll do my best to answer them for you.

Ok, HERE WE GO! Received THREE (3) soft Anodes today. (Pictures on previous page) One 170g Green, one 174g Violet, and one 175g Orange. Let me start off by saying I did not notice any difference between the weights (yet?). Today was not IDEAL conditions, but not bad by any means. I'll break down my review between, drives, approaches, and putts, so I make sure to go over everything.

**I'd like to start off by saying that Soft Anodes are much more LSS than Mediums.**
  1. Drives: These things are just as easy to drive as their more rigid siblings. Just get some good clean snap on them and they'll glide forever. They hold anhyzers just as well as the mediums, as long as you get good snap. If you don't then they will fight out at the end of it, which could be a good thing sometimes. Flex shots are very possible with these things from what I've gathered too. These soft Anodes will hold a nice smooth hyzer as well. When thrown flat, as stated before, they will glide forever with a noticeable fade at the end.
  2. Approaches: On long, flat approaches they flew just like they did when ripped off of the tee. When throwing shorter more nose up oriented approaches is where the LSS really showed. It has a pretty abrupt fade when thrown flat, but when hyzered it still had a nice smooth fade. On short, low spin anhyzers they held their lines very well. They were just stable enough to land flat at the end of it's flight, but not so much that they wanted to fight out of it.
  3. Putts: Let me just say that these seemed to fly very fast out of the hand, and mediums too, compared to the Ion. On flat putts they flew a lot like an Ion. flew straight for a good portion of it's flight, then had a consistent fade. Definitely not like its point-and-shoot Medium sibling. When on an anhyzer putt they held their line pretty well, just like the mediums. Keep in mind that with all anhyzers, no matter how long or short, you still need to have the proper amount of snap/spin to hold their line. And on hyzer putts, just like with approaches, they had a nice smooth sweeping motion to them. On long jump putts these things will flex very nicely, if you so choose.
  4. Overall: After knowing how soft Ions are more LSS than medium Ion, I'm not shocked that these are the same way. They are VERY comparable to second run Ions (textured bottoms). In fact, if you have ever wanted to try out a second run Ion, but don't want to search around and have to pay the $15+ people are asking for them, I suggest getting one, or two, or many. IMO, these things fit in between medium Anodes and soft Ions quite nicely. Personally I'll be sticking to mediums for main putting duties, and will probably carry a soft for slight-mild headwinds.

I can't wait to see what Mike C and Discspeed have to say about them, and as always, feel free to ask and question you may have and I'll do my best to answer them for you.

Good write-up, UPS! :thmbup:

I got my soft Anodes today...I've been too busy throwing them to post, but it's dark now.

I received the same trio of colors UPS pictured above. Both red and violet are 175 and the green is 170.

First I putted in my backyard for about an hour with my regular and soft Anodes. The softs putt really nice...It didn't seem too different switching back and forth between the 2 firmnesses while I was putting today. They require a little less spin and drop a little less than Ions. I still prefer the regs to putt with though.

These things are perfection in a workhorse driving putter. They seem faster and glide more than reg Anodes or Ions. The HSS is similar to new 2nd run Ions, but they have more LSS than those. The LSS is very forward dominant though. So they are to reg Anodes what soft Ions are to reg(m) Ions. Predictably my 170 is the least HSS and LSS. The violet one is the most overstable, and the red is the most neutral all around. The red is my fav already. These will hold a slight anny a lot better than the reg Anodes or Ions, and they fly great on mini-Buzzz type lines. I'd say it's the most point and shoot disc in MVP's lineup, and that's saying a lot. My best shot today parked a 340' tunnel hole...it flew high and turned slightly and faded slightly dropping straight at the basket.

My absolute favorite thing about these softs is how well they work for my FH. I hit 3 80'+ putts FH with the 170 green Anode, and I was throwing all my upshots FH with them on every hole. I even threw some shorter tee shots FH with them, and though I was getting a touch of OAT when I powered them, they seemed to iron it out decently and fly on a slow turnover.

Latest posts